What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/14/22 2:38 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Gang! Happy Hump Day!

Gotta make this quick. I am going to visit my nephew in the hospital today and obviously I need to bring him cookies before I leave :) I am not sure I'm up to date on all of his latest health news but I do know the exploratory surgery the were going to do has been put off for a few more days and that he is generally making a lot of progress from where he was when he was brought in.

QOTD: How did you used to get to school when you were a kid? I was a walker from all of K-8. I had to take the bus to get to HS, but luckily I had lots of friends who would drive me often.

Accountability: I've been okay. I haven't been hungry or snackish but I also haven't done anything active.

B: Fit Frappe Mocha in hot coffee; eggs with ham & feta

L: ?? not sure because we will be on the road at at the hospital mid-day. I'll bring a bar, I guess.

D: Veggie Burger with cheese

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 9/14/22 4:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Agree on the plants, it's really up to them if they can adapt to this house!

I hope you get some insight into what's going on and I'm sure your nephew will love your cookies (and visit)!

Rushing to get showered and camera ready by 6 and then this evening I have a late session with my personal trainer so long day ahead! Are we certain it's only Wednesday?

QOTD - 40 minute bus ride to school, hour and 10 minute ride home until I got my license at 16; then it was a 20 minute drive each way.

menu today will be a lot of grab and go type stuff since it's another marathon 10 hour day on zoom in a workshop plus some meetings; I am hoping to make the tacos I didn't make on Monday tonight but not sure since I won't be back from working out until 630. I hate starting to cook that late. So probably some combination of

ever roast chicken and slice cheese

yogurt and barebells bar

cheese stick

but I've already had one of my coffees because you know I will get that in!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 9/14/22 8:30 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I haven't had ever roast in a while - I need to pick some up! I saw on footwork's The Kitchen, GZ made a recipe using thick cut ever roast gut into cubes. It reminds me our soup or pot pie -so good.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Melody P.
on 9/14/22 4:23 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

I had a talk with my mom and offered to move out. She was gobsmacked and told me she didn't think she'd be able to take care of everything on her own. I asked her again and aid I could take the cats with me, which I already take care of anyway. She said no. I told her if she changes her mind on that to just let me know. I was calm about it and didn't let my emotions get in the way. In the end I fell a bit better about things.

I also found out yesterday that they approved Ozempic and PT. Unfortunately their pool is out of service atm so it's regular PT. I'm a little worried about the pain increase but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. My surgeon's office just kicks so much butt. The NP just fought so hard to get Ozempic approved. Jim, they started me on the lowest dose.

Today I have an appointment with the psychiatric NP. I've been up since 1 so it's gonna be a long day.

QOTD: walked k through 8 as well. HS I got a ride from my brother until I could drive myself. Middle school was a hard walk of almost a mile...not uphill unfortunately HA! In bad weather it was interesting. Elementary school was about 4 blocks away so it wasn't too bad at all.

B: JUST egg bowl + coffee

L: pp shake and a GF waffle

D: no idea!

S: baked lays, pistachios or popcorn and maybe a jerky stick

Mel

Teenie
on 9/14/22 7:10 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

So she basically admitted she can't live without you. Can't live with em Can't live without em. Take it as a win.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 9/14/22 7:25 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Don't get discouraged if you don't see results at first, I think that it takes awhile for it to build up.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

lmfontana4
on 9/14/22 7:47 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Melody-I am happy you talked with your mom. It sounds like she wasnt referring to you when making her all encompassing remarks about having no one to depend on. Good job! Yay on the Ozempic and PT approvals. 3 wins in a row!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 9/14/22 10:29 am - Warren, OH

Good job remaining calm. You always have choices. I predict you will shown a lot more appreciation after that talk.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/14/22 11:55 am

Hugs. Sometimes it's hard to get appreciated for what we do for others. Also, the closer you are to a person - the safer you are for them to dump on you their frustration. Very unfortunate but true. Have you consider taking your mom to have a relationship therapy session? sometimes that helps, but ... sometimes that doesn't change anything long term.

You mom may think you need her more that she needs you and therefore you are getting what you are from her.

HUGS. I hope you would be able to talk to your therapist about that and get tools how to handle that.

HUGS.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 9/14/22 5:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

tomorrow is hell day (several things scheduled, some overlapping), so today is the day to get some things done that I've been sitting on. I also want to take a long bike ride since the weather should be perfect for it. And of course, get ahead in my classes since other things are starting to pick up...

I hope your nephew is OK, QJB. The fact he seems to be getting better might be a good sign (??). Hopefully that tumor is benign...

QOTD: I went to a few different schools (we moved a lot when I was young), so here's the breakdown: K-2 walked. 3-5 bussed. 6 walked. 7-9 (junior high) - I was eligible to ride the bus, but rarely did. I wanted to walk with friends. It was at least a mile to my school, so walking there and back every day was pretty good exercise!. 10 - walked. 11-12 - eligible to ride the bus, but I rarely did. I usually hitched a ride with friends who drove there.

B: either protein oatmeal topped with a couple tablespoons of plain skyr & fruit, or just skyr and fruit (depends on when I go biking - if I go this morning, I'll have the more substantial breakfast (i.e., oatmeal). Coffee with half & half.

MS: if I'm home, then a protein shake. If I'm biking, I'll have it this afternoon instead

L: whatever I don't have for breakfast I'll have for lunch

AS: scone

D: chickpea/miso spread and a tomato slice on 35-calorie bread - and maybe some vegetables

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163