What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 9/11/22 4:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

not a lot planned today. I cleaned yesterday and my body/back is paying the price. I've also been up since 12:30 so I'm hoping for a do nothing kind of day.

What is everyone's idea for an egg free breakfast? Since I can't have eggs and I'm getting tired of the JUST egg breakfast(it's good and different every morning BUT...). I just need some ideas. I can't do oatmeal or high carb breakfasts. Any tips are appreciated!

QOTD: what's on your agenda for the week ahead?

I have a laser procedure on my left eye Tuesday, mental health provider Wednesday and I think we're meeting my aunt Friday. We have the kids after school tomorrow.

B: JUST egg bowl + coffee

L: salad

D: small piece of meatloaf, 2 jalapeño poppers

S: veggies, gf waffle, pepitas & jerky stick.

Mel

White Dove
on 9/11/22 4:46 am - Warren, OH

I had a slice of swiss cheese and 2 campari tomatoes. I have had steak, ricotta cheese, pork chop, ham, sausage, fish, chicken, or any meat or cheese. I add a fruit like apple, orange, grapefruit, nectarine, pineapple or melon. Strawberries or blueberries are great.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Maddymoe2
on 9/11/22 5:30 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning Melody. It's funny that you mentioned the "just eggs" that you eat. Every time I see them in the store, I think of you. I say, hello Melody. I guess I'm just goofy like that.

QOTD- I enjoy thinly sliced steak sautéed with onions and peppers. Also, my go to is a protein shake with cold brew. Deli meats and cheese is always good also.

Plans for today, cleaning and gym. I'm going to make my son a lasagna and put it in the freezer. He is home on leave. I also got some news last night that they're bringing my great uncle home on hospice tomorrow. I know that I need to go see him, but I'm not sure that I can. It's just really hard.

food for today

Cold brew with vanilla premier protein shake

2 boiled eggs with TJ's dill pickle seasoning

chicken sausage with sautéed cabbage

not sure in dinner, depends if the boys are home.

Have a great Sunday.

Melody P.
on 9/12/22 3:22 am - Amarillo, TX

Awww thank you, totally has made my day!

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/11/22 9:45 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning!

I just got home from morning chores. The car is as clean and de-furred as it's been in some time. Since today is a beautiful, fake-fall day, I'll be heading back out to do a little more detail work. All in all, it took about an hour and fifteen minutes.

I managed to remember to pick up my prescriptions before groceries. Finally got a bigger bulk bag of chicken breasts. We'll see how they go. The only thing left on my list for today after the car is packing the dog's stuff. And maybe exercise though it's technically rest day.

Breakfast without eggs. I think that would depend on how much you associate foods with breakfast times. I eat a lot of yogurt these days. Morningstar sausage is pretty okay. I also don't mind the casseroles/bakes or other stuff. Probably not helpful but I'm too new for more than simple right now.

QOTD- I'm off Friday and the three days leading up to it are all busy office days. Old boy is getting his teeth cleaned Wednesday, so will be dropping them both at the vet that day. We're working to bring the budget in and agree on what we'll elevate as our ask. Pretty much it will be all of us cracking on planning.

Today's menu

Breakfast - The last spinach and turkey slice

Snack - Planted protein shake - question for collagen peptides users...or just those more familiar. Are the peptides interchangeable with protein powder? I got mine two weeks ago and it's been sitting on the kitchen counter.

Lunch - Two poached eggs and veggie sausage

Snack - Seaweed

Dinner - Two ounces of turkey lunch meat and two slices of pepperoni rolled with laughing cow cheese

Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 9/11/22 12:31 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I think any of your meals could replace a typical "breakfast". I refuse to be bound by convention! I do like deli meat and cheese warmed up for breakfast (lunch too)

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 9/11/22 1:51 pm - Warren, OH

A popular breakfast here is Amish baked oatmeal. https://www.cookingclassy.com/amish-baked-oatmeal/

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/11/22 2:21 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

This sounds delicious and vaguely reminds me of some oat cakes from Nova Scotia. Thank you for sharing!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Julia S.
on 9/12/22 7:11 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Thanks for sharing the recipe it looks amazing, much better than just oatmeal.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 9/12/22 8:48 am - Warren, OH

It is like blueberry muffins but gluten free. Some times I use chocolate chips or dried cranberries