What's on your Monday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 8/22/22 4:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and got some type of positive/relaxed/refreshing activity in the midst of it all and that you are ready for the new week! I had some family stuff to deal with this weekend but it was interspersed with some goodness as well and sometimes that's all you can ask for!

So, friday, when my flight was getting back home, we sat on the taxiway for longer than usual and finally the pilot came on the PA and said "I've been flying for 22 years and this is a first. The plane that was at our gate had to go back in because after they pushed away from the gate, someone realized they had left their child in the airport." There was a lot of discussion while we waited on how that could happen -- I was torn between "are we sure it was an accident" and "traveling with more than one small child, I can see how easy it would be to assume you had them all". They did get the kid on board and depart and I was able to get off the plane, eventually, lol.

I have a busy week ahead with a lot of appts and a lot of work stuff to get through. The week should go pretty fast! I have also heard a rumor that our fearless leader, queen juniper berry might be rejoining us sometime this week! I am definitely looking forward to her return!!

I do have my mammogram this morning and while it will never be my favorite, I am enjoying finally being back to the annual schedule, although I appreciate all their due diligence with the 6 month schedule after my weight loss. The timing means I'll have to do an afternoon workout which is not my favorite, so I'll probably do a boxing session and a stretch session.

QOTD - what were the highlights of your weekend? 1)My sister and I caught up with a good 90 minute phone call and 2) a group of friends and I got together Saturday to do some GOTV work and then have a picnic lunch and ti was wonderful.

Menu today:

coffee plus half and half X 2

Greek yogurt with roasted figs

left over Lamb Kofta skewer

cheese stick and salami

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/22/22 4:39 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning,

QOTD - maybe not a highlight but I seem to have wrenched something in my left shoulder, so I've been a bit hyper-aware of it through the weekend. It threw some plans off a bit. Caught up with some family on a phone call. Cooked a couple of recipes to prep for food and did some research on a few more. Listened to the rain. Good times!

Need to buckle down on work today to get caught up on email. Only four meetings, so relatively light day. Several asks to get caught up with.

Menu

Breakfast - nonfat Greek yogurt

Snack - string cheese

Lunch - modified egg roll in a bowl

Snack - planted protein plus fiber

Dinner - nonfat Greek yogurt

Cheers!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 8/22/22 5:35 am, edited 8/21/22 10:46 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Well, I'm glad you had a few positives mixed in with the shoulder problem! Hopefully it will resolve itself quickly!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/22/22 6:42 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Yes! It might sound trite but I work on deriving joy and happiness from small things. In my experience, focusing too much on the negativity surrounding things I can't affect is nothing but a vortex. I've been there before and would prefer not to go back :)

So, there are always some good things! (to me)

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 8/22/22 6:27 am - Warren, OH

I was the oldest of 13 and the first 12 were a year apart. I remember my father forgetting someone after Sunday Mass a few times. My brothers were altar boys so had to go to different masses, some were in Sunday school classes and had to stay longer than others. At least once, we were already a few blocks from church when someone would say, Hey you forgot Frank, or Bob, or Ed, or Joe. The family who forgot one might be one with a lot of kids (I hope). My father made several round trips every Sunday in the winter. In the summer, my brothers would ride their bikes if they were scheduled for early Mass, like 5:30 AM or 7:00 AM.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 8/22/22 5:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

it's going to be a busy day - vet appts for three different cats (at 8:30, 12:30, and 4:30), plus I have my book discussion group sandwiched in between the two morning appts. Plus I need to get some other stuff done as well. Our kitty who was assumed to have an aggressive cancer (but it turned out to be a low-grade lymphoma) is doing absolutely great!

QOTD: going to this huge newly-opened store that sells mid-century modern furniture, my favorite. Absolutely loved it!! Plus catching up on the latest updates from my friend who lives in the Chicago suburbs whose co-worker was involved in a murder-suicide (he shot his ex-girlfriend and then himself). As I mentioned last week, she was very upset by the news since she was pretty chummy with this guy, but more and more is coming out about his past life that she had no idea about - she's called every couple of nights with the latest. So fascinating! (even though I hate to say this since the whole situation is so tragic)

B: protein oatmeal topped with plain skyr and fresh fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: salad with power greens, shredded chicken, diced peach, and light dressing

AS: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote

D: chicken salad (made with cherries, apples, walnuts, plain Greek yogurt, and light mayo)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 8/22/22 5:48 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Great meme.

Well, the kids are off to school and we are empty nesters. Both boys start their classes today and I pick Marilyn up at the airport tonight. Both DS and his roommates took summer classes this year and they are optimistic that they can start actually doing some things besides studying Physics/Chem and Calc. this year.

I do hope that he is able to get out a little and do some hiking, fishing skiing, etc. I think that would be healthier for him. Also, he needs to apply for internships this year, so that is another thing on his plate. We are fingers crossed about that.

Younger son actually called me. We are trading messages, but I am sure that I will talk to him today. It sounds like he has been eating with some kids on his floor, which is great.

QOTD: Red Hot Chili Peppers on Friday night. We ended up parking at my office and walking a couple of miles to the show. It was a beautiful night to walk along the lake. And we went through one of the tunnels that they always show on Chicago PD, so Marilyn was excited about that. We missed the first act (Thundercat) because of traffic.

I had bought club seats and then must have forgot that I did so. It was nice having bathroom and food access. The only song by the Strokes that I knew was Last Night, but they were good.

RCHP were loud! In general, the first act was newer songs that I mostly didn't know and the second set was all songs that I knew.

Flea came out for the encore doing a handstand walk. Impressive from somebody who still can't get into a handstand against the wall.

Other than that, I mostly fished, went to Crossfit and ate the thirty dollar lasagna. Dermatologist appointment this morning, so I should run.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Lasagna (amortizing it down)

Dinner: Not sure

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Mkess
on 8/22/22 7:56 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Sounds like a good show. What did they play for the encore? I saw that RHCP are coming out with a new album in the next month or two. Have you ever used spot hero for parking? I use it when parking in the loop or other areas where parking is scarce or at a premium.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Greateight
on 8/22/22 11:02 am
RNY on 08/29/18

First, good luck on the date!

They encored with Under the Bridge and the By the Way. I think the first set was some of the new album, maybe.

I've never tried Spot hero. Although my office is a long walk, its also clean bathrooms and snacks.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

supershopper
on 8/22/22 10:10 am

i jus****ched rhcp on the woodstock 99 documentary...

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8