Happy (Photo) Friday, everyone! What's on your plan?

Partlypollyanna
on 7/8/22 4:06 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and wow, it's Friday again! Yay for the weekend even if it's only the traditional two days, lol.

Very exciting news, I have achieved my post shoulder injury of getting back to doing handstands before I turn 50, yay me! Over the last couple of weeks I've been doubting if I could get there but I did! I'm also pretty happy that after doing three yesterday, my shoulder is not even sore today! Now, since I have a few sessions left on my PT package and a few months before I turn 50 we're going to keep working on strengthening and see if we can get into unsupported handstand pushups. It's good to have a goal, I guess!

I am ready for a good mix of productive, fun, and relaxing this weekend -- the highlight of the fun will be going to The Friends Experience with some girlfriends on Saturday and then dinner! I am looking forward to it! I do need to do some grocery shopping and food planning too.

QOTD - How would you alert your friends that you've been kidnapped without using the words? For me, if I started texting about sports, everyone would just assume either my phone has been stolen or I'm trying to signal a kidnapping. I could also go with "tell me again how Yoda and Gandolf are related" and that would do the trick too, lol.

Menu today

coffee plus half and half X2

PB toast

high protein yogurt

TBD on dinner - maybe some RGF nuggets, I have some taco flavored ones, or something else from the freezer....or just some cheese.

built bar snack

I didn't have any good new pictures this week so these are from my trip a few weeks ago.

Standing at Little Round Top and looking across Gettysburg, a cool butterfly at Mount Vernon and a fun picture I took in my friends backyard.

Have a great FriYAY and weekend everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/8/22 4:38 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Happy Friday!

Are memes a thing here? Nice pie.

Congrats on your handstand victory - that's amazing and requires skills some of us don't possess (balance). Sounds like a great recovery.

My weekend will include getting the major things done that I won't be able to post op. Yard work, watering landscaping plants, the heavier house cleaning. So. Much. Fun. But definitely necessary.

QOTD - hmm. I'd ask if they remembered the plumber. There was a guy that came out to do work at my house a while back...it worried me and felt very off. I told my friends if anything happened it was the plumber.

Menu

Still the joy of pre op!

Decaf tea - probably darjeeling

Breakfast- OWYN protein shake

Snack - nonfat Greek yogurt

Lunch - albacore tuna with some spicy mustard, sliced bell pepper

Snack - boiled egg

Dinner - OWYN protein shake

Pictures? Hmm. Will have to figure out how that works. And how to get the ticker going. Guess that's what I get for doing all of this on mobile. Cheers!

Partlypollyanna
on 7/8/22 4:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It is hard to pick service people when you live alone; I only work with people that someone has recommended because it can get creepy.

Memes are not a requirement at all but fun if you add one, you upload them to OH the same way a picture, click on the gear and that's where all the uploads, setting up your ticker, etc are. But everything is as much or as little as you want to do -- some people do memes, some people do photo friday, some people do memes for photo friday, it's all good! I do photo friday because I take a boatload of pictures all the time, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/8/22 5:23 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Hi Jen!

I'm totally in agreement on people coming for services. One of the challenges since moving to the country is scarcity. There was only one plumber of the three I called who could work on wells. Yep, I'm on well water out here. Otherwise, I'd have sent him packing immediately! All the others...vetting as much as possible!

And thanks! I was able to upload a picture but its huge and sideways. I'll work on it! Created tickers yesterday and checked the boxes that said include in post and profile but I don't see them. I always assume user error with things like these since I keep tech in my life to the lowest level possible for sanity reasons. I'll give it another go soon. Thanks for your engagement! Cheers.

Melody P.
on 7/8/22 5:26 am - Amarillo, TX

The site usually resized them to fit!

welcome to the site! It's great to have you!

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/8/22 5:34 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Emiepie
on 7/8/22 6:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I watch too many crime shows, having the creepy feeling would freak me out.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 7/8/22 7:44 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Welcome to our RNY support group. We love getting new members. I am so excited for you to have your surgery. It ws the best thing I ever did for myself. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Embrace the pre-op diet as it will prepare you for the 2 week full liquid diet, plus you have the added benefit of starting your weight loss journey.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/8/22 11:41 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Thank you! This has been a super supportive group in my short time here, and it's much appreciated. You guys are great! I'm grateful my insurance offers me this option to improve my health and longevity.

Glad I've been kind of preparing since my consult. Even on my fourth day, I'm doing okay on the pre op diet. There's some stomach rumbling but I can ignore it or have more water. My program only requires a week. I self imposed an extra half week to boost results (and surgical safety! ). Appreciate the welcome!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

lmfontana4
on 7/8/22 7:46 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Pictures can be uploaded to your site by clicking on the pink + sign in the upper right corner of the page.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 505 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 234 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.