Liquid stage and dumping?

Marcia101
on 7/6/22 9:52 pm
RNY on 06/22/22

Good evening everyone,

I recently had surgery (rny), I'm still in the liquid stage. Although I'm struggling with In taking enough protein . However my concern is at times i get nausea and sick to my stomach and it's followed up with a visit to the restroom . Similar to dumping. However at this stage is this common? When all I'm drinking is protein shakes, soup, gateraid zero and crystal light? I appreciate any inside insight.

Thank you,

Marcia

Partlypollyanna
on 7/7/22 4:05 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You should talk to your medical team. A number of people here have mentioned having lactose issues after surgery so you could see if adjusting your protein shakes to something lower lactose helps.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 7/7/22 6:29 am - Warren, OH

That is not dumping and Jen is correct that it sounds like lactose intolerance.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/7/22 10:49 am

Lactose or even dairy proteins intolerance can be a cause. And or - artificial sweeteners, or Sugar Alcohols.

SA - are "natural sweeteners" that can cause gastro-intestinal issues. They are often present in Sugar Free (SF) or Reduced sugar items.

Google list of typical SA.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

TheWombat
on 7/8/22 4:46 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

About the struggle to take in enough protein, that's quite normal. If you talk to your medical team (especially the dietitian), I believe they will clarify that it will be a while before you can reach your protein goals. At 30 days out, I was only getting about 30g of protein, and my dietitian said I was doing quite well.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 505 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 234 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.