What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 6/18/22 2:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone! I hope y'all's day is off to a good start. I'm up with stomach issues...yay! Lol

Thank you for the kind words yesterday. I did find out that the nerve conduction test will be August 1st and it's here in Amarillo. I wi**** wasn't such a long wait but I'm super relieved it'll be here. My EGD is July 5th and I'll have an upper GI done right after. Really hoping it's just been gastritis or something easy.

We have to get yet another new A/C as the living room one is on its way out. This has been an expensive summer.

QOTD: what's your favorite genre of music and why?

mines hard rock to metal. I love a heavy beat. I tend to listen to a bit of everything but my favs are bands like Slipknot, Architects and Shinedown. I love music! Except polka type stuff that's just noise...LOL

menu is unplanned for the most part. We are going to Sam's so I might get a rotisserie chicken.

B: Just egg cup and pudding.

Mel

Melody P.
on 6/18/22 2:30 am - Amarillo, TX

PS. It was good seeing everyone's post yesterday!

I also forgot to say I'm a sucker for good lyrics.

Mel

catwoman7
on 6/18/22 4:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm headed down to the Chicago area later this morning for a weekend of visiting a couple of friends (and maybe a couple of cousins - I emailed them last night to let them know I'd be in the area in case they want to meet up for dinner on Sunday night). I have no idea what'll be up foodwise since I'll be eating out, but I'm going to try to be "good" - or at least not overdo it. I found a hotel a bit further away from my two friends than I'd like (8 miles from one, 15 from the other - although it's about a 30 minute drive from the second friend, given traffic), but anything closer is outrageously priced - must be the demand? But I guess it could have been a lot worse distance-wise.

QOTD: I rarely listen to music anymore unless I'm in my car, and I don't really have a favorite, but I like blues, Celtic, most folk, classic rock, some classical, Motown, and bluegrass/old time. Although I've discovered there's some other stuff I like since taking my current class ("Black Music and American Cultural History"). I love some of Beyonce's stuff, Janet Jackson's stuff - and even some Eminem (some of his songs are hilarious!!) (of course, Eminem isn't black, but he was covered in the class since he's a rapper - which is, of course, predominantly an African American genre).

B: either plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: ??

AS: ??

D: ??

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

peachpie
on 6/18/22 8:57 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Eminem is my favorite to listen to while running!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

peachpie
on 6/18/22 8:55 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I don't know the totality of your challenges Melody, I am hopeful that you can get some answers.
QOTD- reggae would be my favorite genre-- I'm of of west Indian decent and hearing it reminds about every thing I love about my family and culture.

today we are having a Father's Day cookout. So that's my day. Tomorrow I'll recover from today. It funny that I'm not nearly as obsessive as I used to be about 'how to approach eating at a function.' I'll have some stuff. My restriction tells me when enough is enough.

exercise- C25K week 6, & 30 minute walk

post run: primer protein shake

brunch- egg/egg white, sausage crumbles and an eggo waffle.

BBQ burgers, hot dogs, chicken is on the menu. I totally hosted making sides- guess I'll grab something at the store.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI