Thursday is here!! What's on your menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 5/12/22 3:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and welcome to the latest Friday Eve!

Yesterday was busy and good but today I have a ton of the meetings I moved from yesterday so it will be busy and long...but I have a massage at the end of it so very happy about prior Jen's planning skills!

QOTD - What is something you store in the fridge that others don't? I keep chocolate in the fridge; if I have it in the house, I don't typically eat it so I keep it there so it stays fresh the longest. It has definitely drawn some comments from people.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X3

breakfast sausage

yogurt and cheese stick

not sure about dinner

built bar

Have a terrific Thursday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 5/12/22 4:12 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin Jen and thanks for getting us started!

I had a good appointment yesterday with my psychologist/counselor. I have some homework and phone calls to make. She thinks I need an endocrinologist. This is of course a non medical opinion from her but she has thyroid issues and works with kids with diabetes...even does the 3 week diabetes camps in the summer. She talked it over with one of the childrens endocrinologist and he saw my lab work from last time. He agreed with me that I need a little help with my A1c. I'm supposed to see my PCP in two weeks and I'll ask for a referral to one and if he won't a NP at Texas Tech's clinic will see me to help with it. I also need to talk to my case manager at the mental health clinic next week and I'm going to ask her how I go about phasing out of the service. It's time. I'm on way to many medications and still having severe issues. I've started having tremors in my jaw really badly also in my feet and arm/hands. I love my psychiatrist but our visits usually last 5 minutes or less. The clinic is a stop gap type thing for people in need. I'll have to see if a clinic my psychologist recommended will accept Medicaid...I'll be calling tomorrow.

sorry for that long paragraph...just lots on my mind apparently LOL

Going to get my hair chopped off again today. I'm so tired of it right now that I'm almost giddy at the thought of a new hair cut. I'm just going to use a photo of me for the stylist. I know what I want.

QOTD: I like to keep my kind of tortillas in the fridge. They are a gluten free kind from mission made with almond flour. It doesn't say to keep 'em in there like some brands do but I keep 'em in there anyway.

Scale victory, down one more pound!

B: JUST egg, bacon pieces, cheese and onion + coffee

L: likely a PP shake with strawberries

D: I'm thinking fish atm

S: ???

Has anyone seen the new flavor coming out form premier protein? It's going to be root beer float and I have to try and find it!

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 5/12/22 4:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

you're doing great with getting back on track weight wise! Fantastic job, it's not easy. New hair days are always good days for me!

Jen

Emiepie
on 5/12/22 6:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I can't wait to see the new hair-do. I also keep my tortillas in the fridge.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Julia S.
on 5/12/22 4:29 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

The system I needed for work finally came up at 11PM last night. So I started working at 1:45AM to try and catch up and make up for the hours that I missed yesterday.

Bad news on the house front I can't qualify for the amount I was looking for and due to the interest rate hikes the payment will be beyond what I'm comfortable with. I'm contemplating staying here for a while longer and concentrating on paying off my credit cards. I'm also hoping that the rates might possibly go down, but I'm doubting it.

So I may be stuck in one room for the foreseeable future. Not exactly what I had in mind... The move to Maui has really cost me in so many ways. So disappointed in myself for jumping into something without knowing the consequences.

My gym bag is complete and I'm going to try to make it to the gym today. Not sure if I even know what to do anymore.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Partlypollyanna
on 5/12/22 4:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Slow and steady at they gym and you'll get back to a routine - have fun!!

Jen

Greateight
on 5/12/22 5:18 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Don't beat yourself up, Julia. Living in Maui was something that you had dreamed about for years. At least you know what it is like.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 5/12/22 7:56 am - Warren, OH

Money is one of those things that changes how our life goes. When I was 19 I read a book by Norman Vincent Peale. It advised not striving to be rich, but to believe that you would always have enough. I had been on a new job for a few weeks and knew it was not a good fit. The next morning I was fired. It was a tough experience for a person who had always been a straight A student and never experienced rejection or failure.

That experience took away my fear of being fired and showed me that it is possible to recover and come back stronger. I am not afraid to try new things even if they do not work out like I dream. The only things that I regret are the things I really wanted to do and did not do them. And that list is currently at zero.], because I refuse to play could've, would,ve, should've.

Don't be disappointed in yourself. Figure out what all of your options are now. You are never out of options. I bet you can find a compromise that will give you a place to live with more space and also allow you to spend less and pay down debt. There is the old saying when God closes a door, he opens a window. I believe that there is always a window and I just have to find it.

This is just one chapter in your life. I can't wait to see how the next chapter turns out.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

supershopper
on 5/12/22 5:10 am

hi all

yesterday's falafel patty burger was interesting. it was a bit on the spicy side which i don't mind. made by gardein at the store. it was filling to- it was heavy.

QOTD: ketchup. always

plan today:

b: coffee coffee

either prot french toast, pancake or egg whites with cheese

l: stir fry veggies with the falafel burger patty

d: either chicken (which needs cooking) and veggies or homemade pizza or burger patty (i accidently bought black bean burgers instead of the plant burgers hopefully DH won't notice. fingers crossed.

s: regular snack, not an additional snack. I've made it 3 days not having extra night food.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Greateight
on 5/12/22 5:20 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Do people some keep ketchup out? I had no idea.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4