Finally (photo) Friday, what's on your menu?

White Dove
on 4/22/22 7:42 am - Warren, OH

That dragon is really cute. I remember seeing something like that once in an antique shop in Toronto and suggesting to my husband that we buy it since it was a bargain at $29.00. My husband told me that there was no decimal point on that price tag and it was $2900.

I had never read Gentleman in Moscow and started reading it this week. I am still on the first chapter, but wow, that is some powerful writing. Thanks for sharing it here. Lincoln Highway is on my list now. I discovered Judy Justice, Judge Judy's new show on Amazon this week. There are 125 episodes in 2021 season and I am at 51. She has her granddaughter on the show. Her name is Sarah Rose and she is a law student and very lovely young woman. Judge Judy is 78 now and looks absolutely fabulous.

On her previous show, Judy had been making a lot of mistakes in understanding what people said. This time she has a court stenographer sitting next to her and when someone says that Judge Judy did not understand what was said, the stenographer reads back exactly what the person had testified to. It is a great way to overcome what was a serious problem for her.

QOTD: Being happy is much better. I do what I believe is right and what makes me happy and don't care who agrees with me or doesn't.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 4/22/22 7:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Haha, some

of those garden statues can get pricey (and heavy!). My sister had one made (a frog) for her DIL and it was a couple hundred pounds. I would love a dragon like that!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 4/22/22 2:18 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Hi Menu Friends

i am back home from the funeral. I was sad to leave family behind since there was so much togetherness but I guess reality has to happen. We still need to workout some things related to my MIL staying home. She has developed some mild memory issues and is frankly badly reconditioned physically plus some neurological impairment in her feet. She uses a walker and has problems with moving around. According to her she doesn't need help but she can't get on her socks and shoes. Otherwise she can dress herself. We will have a family meeting at some point to make arrangements for help at home for her. Right now my SIL has been doing most of the work related to care for my in-laws but I think it is too much for her alone and it is time for her brothers to pitch in.

this weekend I need to get my new planters ready, we have a composting class, antique and collectible show, and a horse show so a full weekend

QOTD: Happy, happy, happy. Not much of an argue and will just let it go if it doesn't really matter to me or the person has an unchanging attitude.

B: triple zero yogurt with collagen, cold brew with caramel drizzle half n half

L: pp with root beer extract

D: salad with grilled chicken

S: 2 squares sf dark chocolate bar, 100 cal bag popcorn

E: yoga, HIIT

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 4/22/22 8:15 pm, edited 4/22/22 1:19 pm - Warren, OH

When my mother was 87, she was at the point where she could not get her shoes and socks on, we took her to a physical rehab program. She would go a few times a week at a nearby hospital. They had her walk on a treadmill, do light exercise, and showed her how to use a device to get her socks on. They gave her a shoehorn that had a long handle. It helped to stay independent for about five more years. She still drove and took her walker to the mall every morning and did the mall walker program.

Shoe and Sock Helpers

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 4/23/22 6:33 am
RNY on 03/24/21

My MIL has had PT already. They have given her exercises to do which my SIL says she does not do. I think if she had to go some tans someone "made" her do her exercise would but not on her own.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)