Finally (photo) Friday, what's on your menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 4/22/22 4:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone! QJB let me know she can't start us today so I am kicking off the Friday festivities!

I have a busy weekend, hiking and dinner with friends tomorrow; two back to back pilates sessions on Sunday and then dinner and a concert in Colorado Springs. We have a backup plan for the hike since they keep saying it might snow, no it might rain, but either way the winds have been out of control here so that will factor into it too. Anyway, lots of fun on the agenda!

I finished The Lincoln Highway and highly recommend it; it's just a delicious book. I gave it 4 stars because it's not A Gentlemen in Moscow but it's still just lovely.

QOTD - to steal a question from Meredith Brooks - would you rather be happy or would you rather be right? As I get older, I'm constantly relearning that winning the argument/discussion isn't as important as I think it is. There are 100% things that you have to be on the right side of but I'm trying to get better about letting go over everything else.

I'm kind of glad my only exercise today is cardio; I've been on a roll not missing a day since my planned rest day on the 3rd but ready for a lower key day for sure.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X 3

Ozery with PB

last of the diablo salami and some Marco Polo cheese

dinner tbd; either something from RGF from the freezer or left over chicken green chili from the freezer.

My pics today are my new welcome dragon and proof that spring is coming (lilac buds on my tree).

Have a wonderful friday and weekend all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 4/22/22 5:11 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Fri-yay! I'm ready for the weekend. I need a mental reset and I hope to get that somewhat this weekend. Jen, enjoy your fun filled weekend.

QOTD: I go with happy.

Oatmeal days

TSS: 7 years 8 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Turkey stick, cheese stick, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 4/22/22 5:56 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good luck with the mental break; we all need those weekends sometimes!

Jen

Emiepie
on 4/22/22 6:14 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks! I do have my hair appt-YAY!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 4/22/22 5:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Nothing on the agenda today other than a follow up virtual meeting with the behavioral therapist to work on the problem with my inappropriately pooping cat. All medically-related issues have been ruled out, so it's behavioral (which I knew - but she wanted me to rule out any health causes before moving on to behavioral strategies). I also need to run a couple of errands and do some more prep work for my upcoming trip - and pop in to see Mom for an hour or two. Tomorrow we have the first in-person meeting/program in two years for one of my social/cultural organizations. That'll take most of the morning. Nothing else on tap for the weekend other than to watch the film "Tower" again for my documentary film discussion group on Wednesday. I saw it last summer, but this group is more into discussing films in great detail than my other film group, so I need to watch it again because I'm sure there are things I've forgotten (it's about the 1966 sniper incident at the University of Texas at Austin - very, very well-done documentary including animation, archival footage, and interviews with eye witnesses. It's available for free on Kanopy for those who have libraries that have a subscription (to Kanopy) - but some other streaming services offer it for a fee - and of course, there's the DVD...).

QOTD: Happy. I let things go now that I probably wouldn't have a few years ago. Some things just aren't worth the stress, brain energy, or possible interpersonal conflicts.

B: protein pancakes topped with plain skyr and berry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: asparagus soup and 1/2 C cottage cheese

AS: some new (to me, anyway) brand of skyr I found the other day at the store (Thor's) and a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: 1/2 a vegan burger on 1/2 a bun, coleslaw made with Asian-style dressing

ex: strength training with resistance bands for sure. Not sure about cardio (I've done a lot of that this week).

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 4/22/22 5:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

There's a really good long form article in The Texas Monthly on Clare Wilson (I think it may have been the basis for the documentary).

Jen

catwoman7
on 4/22/22 9:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

just read it - thanks so much for mentioning this ! I had no idea this article existed! And yes - she was very prominent in the documentary - and she was also one of the "eyewitnesses" who was interviewed in it - so I recognized her photo right away!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 4/22/22 6:22 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Most people know about that incident from the Drill Instructor in Full metal Jacket

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 4/22/22 7:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am not getting the reference. I've only seen full metal jacket once when my dad dragged me with him to the movies. Is it because the murderer was a marine?

Jen

Greateight
on 4/22/22 7:37 am
RNY on 08/29/18

When the drill instructor is "discussing " the excellence of their rifle training, he cites Charles Whitman and Lee Harvey Oswald as examples.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4