What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/21/22 3:01 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Wheee, it's Thursday and I decided to work from home today, so I am waking up happy and ready to tackle the day! So much to do but I am excited to get it done!

Yesterday was a hot mess with food. I was supposed to leave at 1:30pm, so I didn't bring lunch with me. Well, I of course, I didn't leave at 6pm, so I only had Tums all day to keep me satiated. Then I came home andGrim was painting the upper cabinets in the kitchen, so it was impossible to heat anything up or use the counters. I grabbed leftover crackers from Easter and that was it. Not a winning day.

QOTD: What is your favorite pro sport team? I really only care about the Red Sox. I really miss going to the stadium...it's been 2 years since we have gone to see a game in person, but we are one of those families who never miss a game on tv :)

B: Protein Coffee & Eggs

L: Greek Yogurt

D: Buffalo Cheeseburger

S: Maybe popcorn?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 4/21/22 3:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

the cat alarm started going off at 4:00 am this morning. What is wrong with these guys? Sheesh! I finally gave up and got out of bed around 4:30. I'm guessing I'll be napping later on this morning.

nothing on the agenda today except for doing more prep work for my upcoming trip. The "to do" list is long. Plus I need to get some exercise, and get over to my mom's since I didn't see her at all yesterday.

QOTD: the only sport I'm really into is collegiate women's hockey, which doesn't count!

B: protein pancakes with plain skyr and blueberry/raspberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: either cottage cheese with cantaloupe or cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with berry compote

AS: protein muffin?

D: 1/2 a veggie burger (on half a skinny bun) with vegetables

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 4/21/22 3:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Thursday!

I don't have a ton of meetings today which is nice, I should be able to get some stuff done and checked off so I'm happy about that.

Now that my PT has moved from rehab to strengthening, the exercises are like a workout that I need to balance with my other workouts. Today I intend boxing and my PT, possibly a walk if I can get out in time.

QOTD - I have no interest in sports. It's a joke with my friends and colleagues how not interested I am to the point that when I somehow regurgitate a current sports tidbit it comes as a shock to people.

I am done with the easter leftovers so that means I need to actually cook something.

Menu looks like

coffee plus half and half X 2

Ozery plus PB

yogurt or skyr

diablo salami

tbd on dinner

Have a terrific Thursday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 4/21/22 5:14 am - Warren, OH

I don't care about sports either. When I was working and traveling, part of my preparation for the week was to watch the football team for where I was going to working that week. Then I could fake it and say something about that particular coach, call, or controversial play.

When Art Modell moved the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore, I was scheduled to work in Baltimore that week. I pretended to be upset about losing our team, when in reality I did not care at all.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 4/21/22 5:19 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone...hope your day is off to a good start

Not sure what today'll hold. I'm dreading my myelogram tomorrow...so so sooooo much. Gotta drink a lot of water today. At least it will be done with. I probably won't post tomorrow as I have to be at the hospital at 7am...probably won't leave until 4 or 5pm.

QOTD: Not into sports per say. I like some of the statistics but even that isn't a big deal to me.

B: JUST egg cup and a coffee

L: ???

D: probably oatmeal and a yogurt alternative

S: ???

my pics are for tomorrow....

Springs official spring "flower" the dandelion!

a view in Rocky Mountain National Park

Mel

White Dove
on 4/21/22 5:36 am - Warren, OH

That dandelion is so pretty I feel bad that I was out spraying some yesterday. The flower is pretty, but the big ugly bunch of leaves not so welcome in the grass all summer if I leave it alone.

Melody P.
on 4/21/22 6:03 am - Amarillo, TX

Dandelions are beautiful up close, the older the bloom those little hair like things curl up. But yes...they are annoying!

Mel

catwoman7
on 4/21/22 6:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was reading a lot of cities are doing this "no mow May" thing - reason being that a month off of gas lawnmowers means slightly less damage to the environment - and the dandelions are a favored food for bees.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 4/21/22 6:45 am - Amarillo, TX

We don't spray for them due to the bees. It's sometimes the on.y options for bees. We have bug houses throughout our garden. I'm also for not mowing as much lol

Mel

White Dove
on 4/21/22 10:56 am - Warren, OH

My grass is already too high. And the ground is too wet to mow it. I am hoping to do it this weekend, when it is supposed to be 86 on Sunday. If I waited until June, I would have a prairie meadow out there. I would love to do some landscaping someday that does not need to be mowed. We have too much clay soil and rain to do a really nice desert theme. I tried different groundcovers years ago with little real success. I am going to look more into doing something different.