What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/20/22 3:10 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yo, yo, yo! It feels so great to be able to be here this week! I almost feel...normal? I still have a billion hard deadlines that I am low-key panicking about, but I know I won't get interrupted by crises this week teachers are off, so it's nice to know that my work hours are really mine :)

QOTD: Think back to yesterday--What was your rose (highlight of the day)? What was your thorn (low point of the day)?

I'll start with my THORN, which was finding out that my coworkers who promised to do something for me, did not... and I am left holding the bag. I was so disappointed that no one helped, when they said they would.

But my ROSE was talking to someone from the admissions departments for one of the Grad School programs I applied to, who got me pretty excited for the program :)

Food yesterday was meh. I ate on plan but added a handful of chocolate covered espresso beans and a cookie (before I threw them out, yay).

Today:

B: Protein Coffee

L: Starbucks Egg-White Egg Bites

S: Chomps Turkey Meat Stick

D: Ham, Potatoes & Corn

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 4/20/22 3:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Wednesday everyone!

QOTD - I can't really thing of anything thorny yesterday except how overwhelmed I was when I looked at all I had to get done; but I took a second look at it and re arranged a few things that didn't have to be done this week and it's more balanced. Many more roses in my garden (not that anything is blooming in the garden yet)- it was a gorgeous day so I spent some time reading on the deck; did trim my dogwoods; had a good boxing and medicine ball workout and did all my PT...I think that's it!

After work Im heading up towards Boulder to meet a friend for dinner and I have to run couple of errands on the way.

As soon as I finish this post and my coffee, it's elliptical time for me so I can check off exercise today. So far, April has been a good, consistent month.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X2

Ozery + pb

left over ham with cheese stick

tandoori chicken skewer, naan, and tempura cauliflower, possibly a samosa

have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 4/20/22 5:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Love your positivity!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 4/20/22 7:20 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

You are so sweet, thank you Kelly!

Jen

Queen JB
on 4/20/22 3:14 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Are you still loving the book?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 4/20/22 7:21 pm, edited 4/20/22 12:43 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Yes! Less than 200 pages to go and I?m torn between rushing through it and savoring it. Towles writes so gorgeously!

Jen

Melody P.
on 4/20/22 4:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and all!

I woke up with pain in my neck and shoulder...must've slept really wrong on it. When I woke up my hand was completely numb. Oh fun! LOL

I finally got a call from the hospital. I was informed I had to stay there for 6 hours after my myelogram then when I got home to stay "bedridden" for 18 hours. It'll be worth it to avoid another spinal leak.

Today looks busy. We've got to do grocery shopping and I've got an appointment with my counselor at 10:30. We might go to Sam's also or we'll do that tomorrow. My mom wants to go to the Kia dealership sometime this week to see if she'll qualify for financing. She wants to do around 10,000 "cash" then her trade in, which is in rather poor shape...pain wise and the inside fabric is in bad shape. It's almost 10 years old.

QOTD:

Rose first...our sump pump went off yesterday and the plumbers came quickly and were able to see it was a fluke issue...best of all they didn't charge us anything.

Thorn. Pain was extremely high with my back.

B: oatmeal and coffee x2

L: GF chicken nuggets

D: I think my mom wants to make Mexican pizza. Mine will be different and very tasty as she'll use tortillas and I'll use a GF, EF crust from Schar. Then ad refried beans, taco meat, onions, lettuce and tomatoes

Mel

catwoman7
on 4/20/22 4:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I signed up for this annual Mah Jongg tournament this afternoon. It's scheduled for 4.5 hours, so I hope I can make it. I get pretty tired of it after about an hour, and at the two-hour mark, brain fog starts to set in, so I'm not sure how this is going to go. But my usual co-players really wanted to do this, so we registered. They're also going to have snacks there, which is a little concerning - so I'll take a couple of protein bars and a bunch of flavored waters with me so I won't be tempted. If I have enough motivation today, I'll go to water aerobics and also do some things on the "to do" list for my upcoming trip to Italy.

QOTD: well the thorn was definitely last night, when I realized a message I'd meant for my sister went out to our whole family message group. It was about my mother. It wasn't bad or anything, it was just out of concern (for her current physical and mental health issues). But obviously I didn't want her to see it. So I deleted the message and my sister deleted the whole group (since she was the administrator), but then I found out about an hour later, when my husband walked in the room and asked me what in the world this message was doing on the family chat thingie, that deleting it evidently worked for my sister and me, but not the rest of them. Crap. It was way too late to go over there last night, but Mom is usually up with the sun, so I went over there early this morning, hoping she hadn't read the message yet. She was having some computer issues yesterday, so that would have been my excuse to be over there. But she was still sleeping - so I just deleted the message (she leaves her computer on all the time). It didn't appear that she'd read it yet (she only gets on her computer about once a day). Whew. Dodged a bullet. Not sure what my rose was - maybe getting off my butt and going to Zumba class? I've not been very good about regular exercise since my mom had that femur fracture almost two weeks ago, so I was glad that I actually went to a class yesterday.

B: protein pancakes topped with plain skyr and blueberry/raspberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: cottage cheese and unsweetened apple sauce

AS: hopefully just a protein bar, since they're going to have snacks at the tournament

D: either leftover spaghetti (with 1/2 C whole wheat pasta and TJ's turkey meatballs) or asparagus soup with some kind of protein

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 4/20/22 6:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yikes! I am glad you were able to delete the message before she saw it.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 4/20/22 5:18 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB, I'm glad this week is a bit better for you.

QOTD: My thorn was that things are still not running as smooth in our payroll processes as I thought they'd be at this point. My rose was that the water line was moved for the fridge so we have our water and ice back in the door and they installed the first new light.

TSS: 7 years 8 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Turkey stick, cheese stick, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Tri-tip, green beans, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt and toast

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1428 Protein: 106 Carbs:127 Fat:55

Have a great one!