Happy Easter!

Melody P.
on 4/17/22 5:01 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Sunday mornin everyone.

Hoping you all have a wonderful day spent how every you want to!

Nothing big planned here. We may take the Easter baskets my mom did for the kids over to them

My myelogram was approved...finally! I haven't received the call from the hospital but I signed in to check and it's scheduled for this Friday. Will be glad to get it done but I am dreading it so very much.

Menu is undecided for the day.

have a great day everyone!

Mel

White Dove
on 4/17/22 6:24 am - Warren, OH

Happy Easter,

Yesterday I had to keep responding to co-workers complaining that Easter is not a day off. I told them that I have done taxes for years and never worked on Easter before. This is a relatively rare thing that Easter is the day before income tax day and if April 15 were not a holiday in D.C., we would have been done on Friday. One busy day today and another tomorrow and then I will be off until either September or next January.

My mother worked for a shipping company in New York during World War 2. They were so busy that they offered their workers an opportunity to work on Sundays for triple pay. Mom was excited to make the money and worked the first Sunday. By the end of the week, she was exhausted and told the boss that she could not work on Sunday because she was Catholic. He asked her what religion she had been last week.

For those who celebrate, Happy Easter.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends