What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/16/22 4:37 am - Amarillo, TX

good mornin everyone.

Lana I am so sorry to hear about your FIL, sending love to you and the entire family.

Yesterday was special...they sent the kids over and it turns out Rachel was sick. She started running a high fever. My mom met up with my SIL and they took her to the doctor. She has the flu but also the strain that is not responding to the vaccine. Yayness. She had slept on my bed. Thankfully we had some anti bacterial spray for cloth so I stripped my bed and then sprayed it and washed the sheets. Lysoled the whole house. Not happy with my brother at all. We could of at least gotten a heads up, they didn't even send medicine with her.

not a lot planned this weekend. Since the flu is about no plans for Easter now.

we had two visitors yesterday. To little white lined sphinx moths! They were so cool. My big camera's battery was dead so I had to use my point and shoot,

My minds at a blank for a QOTD.

Mel

catwoman7
on 4/16/22 5:38 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Hi All!

Melody - the anti-bacterial spray wouldn't have killed the flu "germs" - but the Lysol definitely would - so I'm glad you guys sprayed the house with that! Fingers crossed no one else gets sick!!

I'll have to make another trip over to my mother's today since I told my sister she should take the weekend off. She's been under a lot of stress lately and had a tooth extracted yesterday afternoon, so I'm sure she feels like crap. Plus I'll be away for the first two weeks in May, so she'll have exclusive "Mom duty" then - so I owe her one (or several). I'm dreading going over. I'm glad the third party helper will be starting Tuesday morning. Even the thought of a couple of hours over there today is stressing me out.

I'm making skyr now and will be making peach kuchen later. I had a German great grandmother (whom I knew - she lived until I was 16) who made various kinds of kuchen every time we were there, so I thought I'd make it for Easter. I think I have what was her recipe (in my mother's very faded handwriting) - although I found another one online that I think might be better, since it uses yeast rather than baking powder. More of a hassle for sure - but often ends up tasting better. Although I could change my mind...

B: protein pancakes topped with plain Greek yogurt and cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: cottage cheese with cantaloupe chunks

AS: Greek yogurt and a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: I was thinking of just throwing a frozen pizza in the oven and having one piece, but it depends on the other calories I end up consuming today. If I stick to this plan, I should be fine. If I stray too much, I'll have to find something less caloric

ex: I was hoping to do my usual virtual Zumba this morning, but my gym is offering virtual WERQ instead. I'm not that crazy about this WERQ class, so ????

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

lmfontana4
on 4/16/22 5:51 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Hello on Saturday!

I woke ip super early this morning I don't think I have ever been the second person to post EVER! Thanks to all with the kind words about my FIL. Not much planned for the weekend except funeral preparations. I do need to find a second outfit for the rosary. There is a pretty good second hand clothing boutique so maybe I can find a nice quality dress for a good price. Love those deals plus gives me an excuse to shop. I also need to find a place to get my nails done, they are overdue. Otherwise maybe a workout later today.

QOTD: what is a favorite memory of you have of someone special to you that has passed away? My FIL was maybe 82 at the time, my kids were 4 and 2 yo. We had traveled with my in-laws to a hot springs in Canada for a short trip. We had taken the kids to the pool to burn off energy and grandpa went swimming with the kids. The pool had a curved slide that grandpa took my son down. It was comical to see a "old" man come shooting down and out of that slide. Plus he picked ip so much speed he would zoom across the pool!

B: triple zero Greek yogurt with collagen, cold brew with half n half, caramel drizzle

L: salad with grilled chicken, ffd French dressing

S: core power protein

D: tbd- maybe pizza at a local favorite

S: 100 cal bag popcorn 2 squares sf chocolate

E: maybe 30 min elliptical

have a great weekend

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

lmfontana4
on 4/16/22 5:56 am
RNY on 03/24/21

My FIL being goofy. Someone had bought him candy from his youth whi*****luded the wax lips. The other photo is from his passport when he was much younger

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

lmfontana4
on 4/16/22 5:57 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

catwoman7
on 4/16/22 7:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

You must have posted the news about your FIL yesterday after I posted since I don't think I logged back in after that. I'm so sorry to hear this.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 4/16/22 4:07 pm - Warren, OH

I am sorry about your FIL, Lana. Can tell you have great memories.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Julia S.
on 4/16/22 8:20 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

My condo listing went live on Wednesday I signed off as I was on the train heading to Tacoma to pick up my car. So far there are 3 full price offers, one cash but contingent on them selling their condo, the second one is good and the third is a really low down. We are going to wait until Sunday to get all the offers and decide on the best one. I hope this can close fast so I can find a house here. The real estate market is crazy in both places everything sells really fast. So I need to be ready.

I only got 10 hours of work this week, I need more hours than that or I'm going to have to look for another job.

I need to call Matson and find out where my household goods are. They told me that they would be here on 4/8 but it would take about a week to get them unloaded. I told the storage place if a 40' trailer shows up that says Matson to let me know. I need to find some movers who can deal with getting the stuff off of a trailer that is 4' in the air, so either ramps or a fork lift? Not that there is anything really heavy but I know it won't be easy.

I look at houses on the internet daily but know that they will probably be gone by the time I'm ready- so it's futile but I want to see what is out there.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8