Yay!! It's Fri-YAY! What's on your menu plan?

Partlypollyanna
on 4/15/22 3:33 am, edited 4/15/22 3:36 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I

I don't have anything lined up to binge-watch but this is true when it happens!

QOTD - How many hours of sleep do you need? I don't need as much sleep as others, as long as I can get 4 solid hours, I'm good. I would like 5-6 but 4 is what I really need.

Yay for Friday! Yesterday was a bit of a roller coaster, got to the hospital and we were getting everything ready for my dad to go home...then they came in and checked his heart....and the doctor came in and literally pulled his breakfast away from him and said "don't eat any more, we're going to have to redo something"....so a lot of waiting while they figured things out and he was was upset because they told him he'd have to stay overnight again....then they did the redo/repair, came out and said "he can leave after two hours in recovery if everything goes well"....so then he was happy again and was very annoying that last hour, let me tell you, lol. But I got him home and everything seems to be going well now. Fingers crossed.

I need to run to the grocery store today or tomorrow; I have an early session with my trainer tomorrow and then nothing else until Easter dinner at a friends on Sunday. My bookclub is reading "The Lincoln Highway" by Amor Towles; A Gentlemen in Moscow is one of the best books I have read as an adult and I haven't started this one yet because I'm afraid it won't measure up (reviews are very mixed....but there were about Gentlemen as well). It's a BEAST of a book and bookclub is less than two weeks away so I have to get started.

I think today I will do some stretching or something lighter from my exercise options; still get something in but a little more low key. My April plan had been to workout all days that weren't Sunday but I'm actually on day 12 of a streak so should keep going.

Accountability - my dinner last night was a glass of wine and Do Si Does, 5 of them.

Menu today

coffee plus half and half X2

Cold brew skyr or greek yogurt

Turkey Breast and cheddar

TBD on dinner - something I pick up on the grocery run or diablo salami slices

No new pictures today so here are some pictures of ice and a ship wreck on the coast NE of ***** Arenas on our drive to Pali-Aice National Park.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Hope it's filled with the right mix of relaxation, recovery and productivity you need!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 4/15/22 5:02 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Jen, wow, what a rollercoaster with your dad. But happy he is finally home. Those ice pics are breathtaking. Also, that meme about Netflix is me to a T.

I just finished a book about the Northern Ireland troubles. Heavy subject but very interesting and I learned a lot. If anybody is interested it's called "Say Nothing". I then watched a documentary about the main woman in the book, Dolours Price. There are a couple more movies/documentaries about her that I wanna see.

This weekend our garage cleaning project continues. DH is on a roll and even proposed to start tonight when he gets back from work. So ladies and gents, I have a hot date tonight...cleaning the garage! We should be done by tomorrow. Easter Sunday we'll drive down to San Luis Obispo and visit the museum Amy was talking about a couple of days ago, and the exhibit about the collision of tradition and digital world. SLO is also a very cute town with lots of cute little shops, and we'll spend the day there. Not having the kids at home for Easter is depressing so we'll be out and about.

QOTD: it totally depends on what's going on in my life or that day. Some nights I get a solid 7-8 hours, some nights I get 4. I just roll with it and adjust the coffee intake to compensate.

I took this pic a couple of days ago on my morning Luna walk. This is how I like our beach, calm and nobody has set foot on the sand yet. It is also the place I think of when I'm stressed and need to center myself. It's my happy place.

My meals yesterday :

• Coffee
  • Open face turkey & cheese sandwich, broccoli salad
  • Hb egg, hot cocoa
  • Mex Cauliflower rice & eggs (fried rice)
  • E: 5 miles jog

Happy Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 4/15/22 5:09 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You live in such a pretty place! I am not jealous of your date night, lol.

Patrick Radden Keefe is an incredible writer; I read Say Nothing a few years ago and learned so much. I didn't know about the documentaries though - will have to look for them! I have his upcoming book on pre-order and I do have his book Empire of Pain to read but haven't started it yet. My to be read list is so long!

Jen

Sheila_H
on 4/15/22 5:28 am, edited 4/14/22 10:39 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

A friend if mine recommended the Empire of pain too, when I told her what I was reading. Added to the list. If you get a chance watch Dopesick on HBO; it's about the Sacklers and Purdue Pharma.

You sure you are not jealous of my hot date? Garage cleaning is good for the soul!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 4/15/22 5:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

The beach is beautiful and peaceful. Enjoy the hot date-lol.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 4/15/22 8:12 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Enjoy SLO and the exhibit!! I ended up opting for a much needed pedi today. The hubs and I may go tomorrow or I will go next Friday on my own.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

ecm1109
on 4/18/22 6:45 am

I am looking forward to a visit to SLO soon, looks like my nephew is going to go to Cal Poly SLO (after being waitlisted at pretty much every other UC-super smart kid with tons of extras-makes no sense) but I am looking forward to it. I hope you enjoyed it. I am going to have to look into that book and the documentaries, i have read some other thing about Dolours.

Happy Easter

Greateight
on 4/18/22 7:28 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Eileen - I think there is a huge surge in applications this year to most colleges. I have been hearing all sorts of similar stories.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 4/15/22 5:12 am, edited 4/14/22 10:44 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Fri-yay for the win. Jen, your pics are always so clear and crisp- frame worthy!! I had a hair appt for tomorrow but my stylist is recovering from Covid so that'll be next weekend. Em has tomorrow off and we have a comp night at a hotel by Six Flags so I'm thinking about a mother/daughter trip.

QOTD: I function best with more than 6, if I get too much I feel like I'm dragging.

TSS: 7 years 8 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Turkey stick, cheese stick, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: I think John is smoking Tri-tip today

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Depends in dinner

Have a great one!

Edited to add some pics. Some kitchen remodel pics (they are out of order-sorry) and few of my senior

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 4/15/22 5:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

oh fun for an impromptu girls night! Will you go to six flags? I haven't been to an amusement park since pre-surgery, I think I need to go and ride all the rides now that I can!

Jen