Wednesday, we meet again! What's on your menu today?

Partlypollyanna
on 4/13/22 3:05 am, edited 4/13/22 3:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

The top right one seems to be the most needed for me!

Welcome to Wednesday, when the week should be picking up speed and sliding towards the weekend!

It will be a busy day for me, I have a couple hours of meetings, then my PT appt then I have to take my dad to get a pacemaker installed; he lives about 90 minutes east of here so I'll run out pick him (and his wife) up, bring them to the hospital and then after he's cleared to leave, take them home. I couldn't persuade him to come to my house last night so it was a little less "all in one day" but given his plan was to DRIVE HIMSELF TO AND FROM, this is better. It took two days and basically saying "I will be there at x time to get you, if you are not here/do not get in the car, I will be angry". Parents can be so stubborn! Fortunately, I also am stubborn. I will probably do an elliptical session before I jump on the work calls too. It will be good to get some exercise in for my mood and stress levels.

QOTD - Who is your favorite Muppet? Mine is Miss Piggy. She doesn't take any crap from anyone, she's confident and she moves through the world like she owns it. #Goals

menu today:

coffee plus half and half X 3

Turkey breast and cheddar cheese

barebell bar

TBD - I'm not sure which hospital I'm heading too -- there's a decent greek restaurant in-between two of them so if it's either of those, probably a greek salad with falafel.

have a wonderful Wednesday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 4/13/22 4:42 am

hi all

things are good the repeat sloppy joes went well and I found an excellent cauli mac in publix sunday. i forget the name but its over there with the prepackaged mashed pot already prepared (near lunch meat) it was good and makes 4 serving so i portioned it all out into 4 bowls.

only 2 calls today that i'm aware of and they are first thing this morning.

i woke up with my body in very bad pain from sleeping but i don't actually know why. at some point it got really hot and i was sweaty (probably old age). going to try to work out the pain today. i think i slept wrong with 4 dogs up my butt

QOTD: miss piggy , second runner up is the jazz singer that looks like joni mitchell

food plan- tons of leftovers now

b: coffee coffee water

yogurt/fiber one on top /whipped cream

l: last of chicken sausage and zuch

s: apple/PB

d: DH wants cheese sandwiches and I do have low carb bread, i can probably make that work, or I might do 1 slice and the leftover sloppy joe

s: hopefully not many snacks

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Partlypollyanna
on 4/13/22 3:57 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Now I want a grilled cheese!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 4/13/22 5:26 am - Warren, OH
  • My father would get bronchitis and end up in the hospital every February. One day I was at my parent's house and my sister, and I were trying to get him to get in my car and go to the hospital. He would have a fit of coughing, then go to the upstairs bathroom, open a window, and smoke a cigarette. He thought we did not know what he was doing because he letting the smoke out the window.

It was after midnight and he was insisting he did not need to go to the hospital My sister said, "Well dad, we are going home. It will cost mom about $600 when she has to have an ambulance come for you in the middle of the night".

He saud, "How much"?

Then he put his jacket on and went to the car with us.

He passed away at 80. About a month before he told my husband that he thought his was getting ready to die. He said that he did not enjoy anything anymore. Food did not taste good, a beer did not taste good, a cigarette did not taste good and he was ready to go.

My mother was 18 years younger than him and she lived to be 96. One night I had a dream that I saw my father. He was wearing the jacket that he always liked, He was still 80 years old, but was strong and had a great tan. He told me that he lived in a lovely home on a beach in Florida and walked in the sun everyday. He said that it had been 36 years and he really was lonely. He said that he had left my mother here because he knew her kids needed her, but it was time to let her come and stay with him now.

That was in January. My mother had been doing great, but right after that she got very sick and ended up bedridden until she passed in July. I wonder sometimes about dreams, life after death. My family has always believed in ghosts. And had stories to tell.

One uncle left Ireland when he was a young man, he went to America, married and raised two daughters. As an old man, he wanted to go back to Ireland. He was wearing a brown suit and a brown hat when the ship sailed. It was very early in the 1900's and the trip took about a week. He died on the ship and was buried at sea. His family in Ireland was waiting for him to arrive. His sister was looking out the window and saw him walkng through a field. She called out to him to come to the house, but he just kept walking. He was wearing his brown suit and brown hat and carrying his suitcase. The story ended by saying that happened on the day that he died at sea.

My father told us that one day he was on a wagon with his father driving into town. On the road they meet a neighbor and had a nice conversation. When they got to town, they mentioned to someone about talking with the neighbor. The people in town told them that man had died several weeks earlier. My father said that when that happened, the deceased person was not yet in heaven and needed people on earth to pray for their soul to be admitted to heaven.

The Catholic religion used to preach that souls who died and not considered holy enough for heaven had to go to a place between heaven and hell called purgetory. They suffereed there until enough prayers had been said for their souls and then got to go to heaven. You could pay the priests to say special prayers for your loved ones who might be trapped in Purgatory. We always prayed for those poor souls to be released from their suffering and go on to Heaven.

There was another place, called Limbo, That was where people born before Christ lived, because they had never been baptised. Only baptised souls were allowed into heaven. f a baby died before it was baptised, then it had to spend eternity in Limbo, My mother worried so much about that and her babies were baptised at two weeks old. I remember one of the babies was coughing and she was afraid he would die before being baptised. She had some holy water and performed the baptism herself just to be sure.

The Catholic church did away with Limbo about the same time they made it no longer a sin to eat meat on Friday..I don't think they preach about Purgatory any more. When I was a young adult struggling with trying to separate reality from supestition I decided that if there is God, he does not need me to belive in him, but I hope he believes in me. One of the most clever bumper stickers I ever saw said Thank God I am an Athesist.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 4/13/22 5:41 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow, that dream!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 4/13/22 6:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I just finished reading "The Midnight Library" (I heard about it here on this thread - thanks so much to those who mentioned it - I loved it!!). I'd forgotten that people who died from suicide had to buried in unconsecrated grounds (that is, if they were Catholic and wanted to be buried in a Catholic cemetery. I'm guessing unbaptised babies were also buried in an unconsecrated section??). I know that's not the case anymore. I'm guessing a lot of these modifications were made because of Vatican II (in the early 60s).

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 4/13/22 7:28 am - Warren, OH

In Ireland they still were not allowing unbaptized babies to be buried in consecrated ground in the 1980's. Then families began demanding that their unbaptized babies be allowed to be buried in the family plot. I think most Irish mothers did what mine did and baptized their infants over the kitchen sink soon after birth.

In the old days suicide was considered the worst possible sin, because the person could not repent their sin and promise not to do it again. Some coroners were pretty lenient and would give a cause of death like died while cleaning his gun with his mouth.

In Ireland the cemetery is behind the church, and they are pretty small. Bodies are buried in layers one on top of another. My dad told me that every hundred years or so the graveyard would become too full and then they just dug out all the old bones and started over. When one of my uncles died he was buried on top of a cousin. My uncle's widow got into a huge fight with the cousin's widow over who was allowed to visit the grave and leave flowers. She considered that her privilege because her husband was the most recent in that grave.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 4/13/22 10:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

when I was doing some family research a few years ago, I noticed several of my maternal grandfather's aunts, uncles, and his parents, were buried two to a grave. One aunt was buried in the same plot as some British guy who died in the 1860's. None of my ancestors on either side of the family were in the US then, so I have no clue who this guy is. Plus I have no English ancestry to boot. I found a reference to him once and learned he was from England and owned a bakery in Cleveland (where he's buried), but there's no connection to my family at all that I could find. I wonder if his grave was just near the rest of my family's plot so they bought his as well so they could bury someone on top of him? Maybe they got a discount??

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

lmfontana4
on 4/13/22 9:03 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I just started that book. also from a recommendation on this site.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Teenie
on 4/13/22 6:52 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Everyone has their opinions on spirituality, and I will never condemn anyone's beliefs. Who am I to say what I believe is correct? There are so many different religions I don't know how anyone would know what is true until they pass. But I do believe the Commands that Moses delivered from the mountain are a pretty good rule of thumb to treat people with decency and respect and help this world be a greater place. So, If I am wrong in my belief, I hope I treat others how I would like to be treated back. And if that gets me a pass to heaven then that is icing on the cake.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.