What's on your Tuesday Menu, everyone?

White Dove
on 4/5/22 5:28 am - Warren, OH

Bobcats are native to Ohio, but I have not seen one in the wild for years. Too much civilization. Back in the 1970's I was driving in a wooded area along a river and saw a coyote. People did not believe me. Now coyotes are everywhere. One day I looked out the window and saw two foxes in the yard. They were obviously a couple and were cuddled up together.

It used to be rare to hear of a bear around here, but that population has grown and they are getting very used to people. Here is a video from nearby house that the homeowers took yesterday with their doorbell camera.

Watch: Doorbell camera records bear rooting around Ohio couple's porch - UPI.com

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 4/5/22 3:27 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I didn't know you had bobcats there! It's fascinating to me how wide spread some of the animals are

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 4/5/22 5:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Well it's supposed to get up to 52 F today, which is an improvement, but I'm really looking forward to the 60+ weather they're predicting for next week. I'm so ready for spring and summer!! I think it's supposed to rain today, though, so I'll go to a Zumba class later on this morning since I don't particularly want to walk or bike in the rain. I also have to finish two books - "Midnight Library", which is due tomorrow (thanks you guys from mentioning this - I'm not a fiction reader, but I'm really enjoying this book!), and Neil Gaiman's "Graveyard Stories" for my children/young adult book discussion group, which I'm also enjoying. We've also got an online Mah Jongg game planned for later this afternoon, but I'm not sure if one of the players is going to be able to make it - and unlike in-person Mah Jongg, you can't play a three-handed game (only four-handed), and the other people I play with don't seem particularly amenable to strangers playing with us. So..who knows?

QOTD: coyotes, deer, and wild turkeys (although I'm not sure the latter would be considered "large"). There are probably bear up in the northern part of the state, but not around here.

B: I put "protein muffin" on MFP last night, but I'm thinking skyr at the moment (which is my usual breakfast). Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 1/2 a miso/chickpea sandwich, coleslaw made with Asian-style dressing

AS: if I don't have the protein muffin for breakfast, then that. Otherwise, L&F yogurt and a skinny bagel

D: the other half of the sandwich and some kind of vegetable

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Julia S.
on 4/5/22 6:47 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I love Neil Gaiman he is the one who wrote Lucifer and also co-wrote Good Omens with Terry Prachett. Two of my favorite authors.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Greateight
on 4/5/22 7:52 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I've read Anansi Boys and American Gods. Enjoyed both.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 4/5/22 3:29 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

One of my neighbors posted a picture of about 8 GIANT wild turkeys walking through our subdivision last week. It was bizarre!

Jen

Christina135
on 4/5/22 5:55 am

Mernin' y'all, happy taco tuesday!

QOTD - White-tailed deer, coyotes.

Breakfast - fasting so hot black coffee, water

Lunch - we are having a Fiesta potluck (San Antonio y'all) and I brought vegan taco meat. I will have vegan nachos with queso, and all kinds of snacks

Dinner - probably a kale/blueberry/banana/oat milk smoothie with chia after that lunch

Have a great day y'all!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Partlypollyanna
on 4/5/22 3:29 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I was down there with work for Fiesta a few times, very fun! Have a great time!

Jen

Sheila_H
on 4/5/22 7:18 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Hah! Def don't wanna be extinct. My 40 oz mug goes with me on my car drives.

Speaking of car drive, gotta take my car for its 25,000 miles service today. I was really scarred with my BMW X5 services. As the miles went up so did the service prices. With my precious electric car they just do a tire rotation and software update! There is nothing else to do. $50 and I'm out the door. The dealership is about an hr South of us, so I'm taking my work with me and just sitting in their waiting room. Not worth shuttling back and forth.

And the highlight of going that way is that there is a Walmart there. I know, I know, for those of you who have Walmart nearby it's no big deal. For me it's like an exciting expedition. I saw a tiktok about getting men's jeans from Walmart for cheap and cutting them into shorts. So that's my reason to go to Walmart.

QOTD: we have deers, bucks, bobcats, and few sightings of mountain lions. I don't know if this is done by somebody local or by the city, but every December all the deer crossing signs get a red nose, so the deer looks like Rudolph. I love that.

My meals yesterday (my stomach was hurting so I took it easy):

• Coffee (even if I am dying coffee will not be replaced)
  • Mushroom soup
  • Jello & protein custard
  • More soup
  • E: jog, did only 3 miles. Wasn't feeling it.

Happy taco tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 4/5/22 3:31 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I am laughing at you and Walmart but also feeling cool; we used to make our jeans that got too short into cutoff shorts when I was a kid!

Jen