What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 3/30/22 7:04 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I want to organize our garage like yours, if DH leaves town for a week or so. Share pics please, on Fri.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 3/30/22 11:33 am - Warren, OH

I will post pictures when I get it all straightened out again. But remember that I live alone. My garage was not neat and organized when my husband was alive. If he saw an empty spot somewhere, he felt compelled to go buy some tool to put there. These bins are one of my best things I bought. I have them hanging from the panel that you buy for that purpose.

I use a Brother P-touch to make labels for them. They were a bit pricey but have stayed looking nice for years. I need to find a handyman to put in some new hooks to hang the weed eater and the leaf blower. I attempted it on my own last year and did not do a good job.

Doing it when your husband is out of town might work. Maybe if he sees how nice it can look, he will be more interested in trying to keep it that way. My husband had every tool imaginable, but always was buying new things because he could not remember where he stored things and would go nuts looking for a tool when he needed it. Trying to do a repair is so frustrating when you know you have the right tool, but can't find it.

Akro-Mils 30235 AkroBins Plastic Storage Bin Hanging Stacking Containers, (11-Inch x 11-Inch x 5-Inch), Yellow, (6-Pack) - Open Home Storage Bins - Amazon.com

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Christina135
on 3/29/22 6:49 am

Mernin' y'all, Happy taco Tuesday!

QOTD - I need to organize my clothes and get rid of so many

Breakfast - fasting so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - Velvet Taco! I will be having a falafel taco with tahini crema, wrapped in a lettuce wrap.

Dinner - impossible meat tacos, all the fixins.

Have a great day y'all!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Amy Liz
on 3/29/22 8:08 am
RNY on 11/21/16

That falafel taco sounds amazing!! Enjoy!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

GracielaSusana
on 3/29/22 7:38 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD. My motto: Why do today, what you can put off until tomorrow. That said I have cleaned out the closets, but still have paperwork that I have put off for far too long. BUT not doing it today!

Routine doctors this afternoon. Then I will look for a new swim suit, going to the Keys for a week to visit my family. It's prolly too cold for me to get in the water, for me water needs to be upper 80's. Yes the water gets that warm here.

Menu. Spaghetti and meat sauce. My spaghetti will be this brand that is made from hearts of palm, otherwise known to Florida Crackers as swamp cabbage. I have yet to try it. Hope the texture is not awful. Other than that, it will be salad and protein shakes.

Amy Liz
on 3/29/22 8:12 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I spent a summer in Miami once and was shocked to learn how warm the water was there!

Greateight
on 3/29/22 10:21 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

So I'm in the parking lot of our local food store and I notice this white pickup truck shrink wrapped with pink lettering. Reading the advertisement, I see that it is for an adults-only, topless standup paddle board lesson.

Now, at first blush, this may seem like a brilliant idea: a "you've got peanut butter in my chocolate" moment for those of us who grew up watching cartoons in the 70's.

But sadly, this is not the lesson for me. The last thing I need while trying to master SUP is additional distraction. I have made 6 attempts to get astride an SUP. All 6 times I fell before achieving balance. The first three attempts were alongside a dock in warm, deep lake water. Fun but embarrassing. The next three were in one foot deep water and much more painful.

After the third fall, they recommended that I try kayaking.

Although lighter now, I doubt that my balance and motor skills have improved measurably vis a via the SUP. Certainly not enough to introduce bright shiny objects to distract me. So I'm going to have to pass.

These ladies also claim to tech surfing, which seems even more unlikely of success.

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 3/29/22 3:06 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

lmfontana4
on 3/29/22 11:32 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Tuesday

I ended up leaving work super early yesterday. My clothes dryer has been out of service for about 2 weeks, the part finally came in over the weekend then the repair shop had a cancellation. So of course I jumped at the chance to have it fixed sooner than later. It is expensive to go to the laundry mat now days. I was able to get a Costco run in also.

The vet called (really Humane Society) saying that the cat we rescued from the street was ready to go home tomorrow (today) after being neutered. To come in (yesterday) to do the paperwork for adoption. DD and I went, then was notified that the cat is acting feral (I had questioned the person on the phone at various intervals during the cats recovery about the cats behavior). Apparently, the cat is not being friendly toward the staff (weirdly it allowed my dtr to hold the cat when we scooped it up from the street but maybe due to pain and shock it was not acting normal). So, I need to schedule time today for a meet and greet with the cat to see how it acts. I am thinking we wont be adopting it. I guess that the vet drops the feral cats back into the same neighborhood they were rescued from if they are not adopted. I thought this was really weird but I guess if they are not friendly to people...

QOTD: I need to reorganize some kitchen cupboards so that I have more storage space, my yard has area that the grass died and turn to mud (tree roots I think are the problem) so I would like to either try to replant the grass or lay down some type of rock so it doesn't just turn into a muddy mess when it is wet outside. The dogs create such a mess in the house after being in it.

B: The usual triple zero greek yogurt with collagen, cold brew with half n half, caramel drizzle

L: lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, bell pepper, grilled chicken, ff french dressing

S: Core Power protein

D: TBD some leftover

S: 100 cal bag popcorn, 2 squares sf chocolate

E: 30 min walk vs HIIT, 30 min yoga

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 3/29/22 4:14 pm - Warren, OH

I am sure the cat is terrified. I rescued one years ago that was afraid of people for a long time. He would come to our patio when my husband put out food for him, but run away if anyone got too close.

One day he came to the door meowing during a blizzard. When I opened the door he was covered with blood from a fight with some animal outside. I took him in and make him a bed in a sunroom. I put in a heater to keep him warm, gave him food and water and expected him to be dead by morning. But he survived, cost me a ton in vet bills to neuter him and to treat his injuries. He ended up being a very sweet house cat, the kind that follows you on walks and jumps in the car for rides.

I think it depends on whether they were exposed to humans when they were young. That he allowed your daughter to pick him up and hold makes me think he was not always feral. Probably someone's pet who got tired or him and dumped him. If he was betrayed by humans he will be afraid until he learns to trust someone,

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends