RNYers, what are your Wednesday menu plans?

Mkess
on 3/23/22 9:56 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Happy Hump Day all!

This week is moving along but we're in the middle of some rainy days. Much better here than the South though.

QOTD: 10 clove garlic shrimp

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: 3 garlic Buffalo chicken wings & Asparagus.

D: Corned beef, green beans.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

lmfontana4
on 3/23/22 12:52 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I rarely use the oil that is suggested to coat a pan. The cooking oil spray saves so many calories. I also use it to stirfy and oven "fry"...works great. Does anyone else do that?

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Want2beMe
on 3/23/22 11:20 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Sorry haven't posted in a few days. Work and life keeping me busy. Today I took my cat to the vet for a grooming. Poor cat is blind in one eye, has super dry flaky skin, and double ear infection. What we do for the ones we love! He's getting pampered.

QOTD: I don't have any new recipes except for a sweet potato pie recipe I'm going to try out this weekend. I have to get it from my sister.

B: skip

L: ham wrap and small slice of pumpkin bar

Snack: yogurt

S: bbq meatballs

Snack: string cheese

catwoman7
on 3/23/22 11:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

G'afternoon, All!

one of the cats had a vet appt this morning, then I was off to one of my film discussion groups. Just got home. Follow-up appt with one of my plastic surgeons this afternoon (the face guy - here in town). I think that's it. I exercised this morning - and I'm going to try to stay out of the house as much as possible the rest of the day because I have got to get this eating under control. It's better when I'm not here because most of my "bad" eating occurs when I'm bored. Too bad it's icky out - because it's easy to knock out a couple of hours on my bike. I'll think of something...even if it's just hanging out in the library with my laptop or reading magazines....

QOTD: I'm often

coming up with something new. I've experimented with cooking off and on for years - and I've even gotten into baking since the lockdowns started two years ago (used to hate baking - not anymore!). The other day I made protein muffins with some limoncello that I had left over (I still have a bunch of it, actually...). Threw some blueberries in there, too. I'm thinking my next batch of (protein) muffins might be rose pistachio, since I have both rosewater and rose syrup (I've fallen in love with rose protein shakes - I have one at least a couple of times a week - also, I made some rose yogurt topped with pistachios recently - that was great, too). I get into these Indian food modes off & on, too - I've been thinking about starting that up again. We love it and many dishes can be made pretty healthy..

B: protein shake, coffee with half & half

Brunch (part of the film discussion group): piece of artichoke/spinach quiche, mixed fruit with about a tablespoon of chopped walnuts, small pecan muffin

L: none

AS: maybe some cottage cheese with mandarin oranges (??)

D: asparagus soup and half a chickpea/miso sandwich

have a great rest of your day!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

lmfontana4
on 3/23/22 1:08 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Hump Day

I was also wondering where everyone is?? Hopefully everyone is doing ok. Any updates on Christy (Teenie)? Yesterday I left work early to make it to my hair appointment. When I got there I found out I was off by a day. Luckily, I was too early and not too late since my hair stylist is really difficult to get into. So today I will leave work early (although I did get here early to compensate) to make the appointment.

Today was my first year bariatric follow-up (surgiversary tomorrow). I do have my gallbladder ultrasound tomorrow due to high liver enzymes, so hopefully it will just be gallbladder related. Otherwise my bariatrician will be referring me to gastroenterology for further testing. Otherwise, I was told I have reached 100% weight loss (expected excess weight loss) and BMI 24.9 so in the "normal" range. I did explain my thought about losing additional 15 lbs. to compensate for the dreaded 2-3 year weight regain. The team was ok with this plan. I am so happy that I had the surgery, I feel much more energetic, off my blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetic medications! So awesome. Thank you to everyone on this site who has supported me through the journey this first year.

QOTD: I have a spice recipe I really like for oven roasted veggies. I do not use any oil except the spray cooking oil to reduce calories and it still comes out great. I have some other favorites I make often.

B: triple zero greek yogurt with collagen, cold brew with caramel drizzle, half n half (I fell of the protein coffee regimen today)

L: lettuce salad, grilled chicken, ff french dressing

S: Core Power protein drink

D: oven fired chicken, roasted veggies

S: 100 cal bag popcorn, 2 squares sf chocolate

E: 30 min HIIT, 30 min yoga

Peace and axel grease!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

alaskasusan
on 3/23/22 4:37 pm - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Woke up 4:10am small cup of oats cooked in almond milk, no sweet things, thanks. A 3 hour workout about a half-hour drive south. Working on long jumps, high jumps, heavy carries (80# plus) around th track, runs and pull-ups. A looooong way to my next Spartan but I'm working on it.

Lunch was taco meat with some lettuce and tomatoes on top. Dinner, a bit of broth with beef shreds.

Back at it in the morning but now, this Alaska girl has to get some seeds started inside for the coming growing season :) Thankful every day for the RNY that saved me from my 275# life and gave me an active, vibrant life instead!

catwoman7
on 3/23/22 5:14 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

welcome back! I haven't seen you around here for awhile!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 3/24/22 4:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good to see you here, very interested in all the new skills and activities you are doing!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen