RNYers, what are your Wednesday menu plans?

GracielaSusana
on 3/23/22 7:08 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD. Broccoli Thai Salad. Last time I made it could not find the recipe so I winged it. It was not the same. I need to unearth it again. It had a peanut butter, lime, soy sauce and red curry dressing. Very spicy.

I did not go shopping yesterday. I did not eat dinner, but Husband had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. His choice and one of his favorite. Today I am going out, I have prescriptions and other errands. The spring break traffic is horrendous and it is not our local kids, Florida is very popular destination. The house next door was sold and the new owners have turned it into an Air bnb. We had the first group there this week. College age on break. I was surprised that the party they held was not noisy. We are 30 minutes to the beaches but other than the house has a big pool, I am not sure what the draw would be for weekly rentals in our neighborhood. However beach front this time of year is very expensive.

Menu. Shake, tuna and chicken and rice for dinner. I usually do not snack, but if I do it will be some nuts and an orange.

Julia S.
on 3/23/22 7:57 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I'm alive and back in rainy Oregon. I'm posting from my phone so I'll make it short. My roommate cleared (well mostly cleared) his 2nd bedroom for me. I have a mattress currently on the floor. I talked him into going to IKEA and I bought a down comforter, duvet cover & sheets and dresser (not yet assembled). Then a Target pickup for the mattress pad, shower rod and curtain. I have a bed frame coming tomorrow.

I got a mani-pedi yesterday and I was so happy to see my nail Goddess. She is amazing and I've totally missed her.

For those of you TJ's fans I am right across the street from one. I forgot how much I missed them.

I need to get to work. I shipped my computer and it should be here today so I'll give you the full saga tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Amy Liz
on 3/23/22 7:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ That meme, lol! Late start for everyone - where are the super early people this morning? Hope all is well. Easy work calendar, but a lot I need to get done. Otherwise, just a normal day.

OHHHH! If you like croutons and miss them terribly like I do, try using protein puffs. I put some on a salad yesterday and it was fabulous! 1/4 cup, 33 cals, 5 grams protein. I used to add nuts for the crunch but I would get carried away and they add way too many cals.

QOTD - Not that I can think of but this just reminded me of your green chili chicken. I need to make that again - so good! One recipe I am going to try this weekend is air fryer chicken nuggets (canned chicken, shredded cheese, egg and some spices) I will report back.

B- coffee, egg bites

L- sausage and peppers

D-meatballs, sauce and parm

s - beef jerky

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Sheila_H
on 3/23/22 8:38 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Haha! That meme is so true and Jen, you are right it gets worse with every update.

Back story: my MIL went to a convalescent home, about 8 years ago, and DH had to manage all of her finances including her house, so I stepped in to lend a hand. DH already works a lot and he is kinda not organized when it comes to filing and keeping track of expenses, so I thought I'll help. In short I manage MIL's home with tenants and keep track of expenses. Yesterday I was preparing the income and expenses for the tax accountant and realized I'm missing the house insurance payment. Thought to myself there is no way I didn't pay it. So called them up to find out back in Oct they cancelled our policy because her home was close to the fire zone. So wait, let me understand this. It's not that I forgot to pay, you guys just decided this insurance is no longer profitable because her house has been too close to the fire??? WTH? Her house has been uninsured since Oct 2021! Now the new rule is we gotta get a fire ins (that is ONLY for fire) + another insurance for the rest. Insurance companies are the worst. The things I learn here in America!!

QOTD: with the new air fryer I am trying new recipes constantly. A friend told me about sweet potatoes that I'll be trying before the weekend.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Cauliflower thins, hb eggs, tomatoes and spinach
  • Fage yogurt
  • Hb eggs + tuna
  • E: 30 minutes cardio + 60 minutes weight training.

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 3/23/22 8:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, I love sweet potatoes. Share of it is yummy, please!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 3/23/22 8:55 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Don't they have to notify you? That is messed up!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Sheila_H
on 3/23/22 10:05 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

They said they did, but I can't find it anywhere.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

sue9999
on 3/23/22 9:24 am
RNY on 02/08/21

I love the meme! Sometimes I can't figure out how auto-correct came up with the word(s) that it did.

Slow day around here today. Rainy and cold. So hard to go back to after we had an actual 60 degree day recently, but it's only March in Wisconsin.

Looking for a spring coat soon - my first one since my RNY almost 14 months ago. I wore a 2 to 3x for coats and I'm wearing size 8 jeans and medium for tops. I'm not even sure how "normal" sized coats are sized. But I will actually have choices and not just black, navy or maroon! Well, unless the supply chain shortages are affecting what's available. This is so different for me from all the years past. I hated shopping b/c the sizes I needed were embarrassing to me and reminded me that I was so big. Recently I actually found myself stopping at a Ross store just to look at what they had in my size!

Exercise: TM today.

Breakfast: Egg omelet with 1 egg+1 egg white plus 1/2 oz cheese

Lunch: Chef salad

Sn: 1/2 protein shake and 2 tbl peanuts

Supper: Leftovers day. Topping off a slice of sausage pizza and 1/2 cup split pea soup.

HW 243 SW 208 GW 125 CW 135

Partlypollyanna
on 3/23/22 10:15 am, edited 3/23/22 3:15 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Once I was in "normal" sizes, I found Costco to have a nice range of seasonal coats/jackets that weren?t too expensive. It took a while for me to figure out what I liked vs what I just had to take so I waited before I invested in more expensive ones.

also, sizing for non-plus sizes is a total scam, no rhyme or reason or consistency. It's maddening.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 3/23/22 12:50 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Since I have started losing weight and was able to get into "normal" sizes I love to shop for clothes. I have to stop myself from looking so I don't buy. Shoes also. Feels so good to be able to dress nicely AND look good in the clothes.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)