What's on your Tuesday menu?

Melody P.
on 3/22/22 3:05 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin everyone! Hope this Tuesday finds you doing well!

we got 3+ inches of snow last evening and more since midnight. Our power has been blinking off and on for a few hours now. A city near us had a gust over 85mph. Insane! We're officially under a blizzard warning due to winds. All the weathermen said that it wouldn't stick since we're so warm(32 right now) but it sure has! We got over an inch of rain yesterday too with hail. I swear our weather has some mental issues...LOL

I've been thinking a lot about my obsession with dieting and such. I need to retire my head away from the all or nothing! It's absolutely setting myself up for failure. Soooo I am going to stop counting every little nutrient and calorie. I'll keep a paper journal of what I eat in a general sense...I will measure but not count. It really sets me up for failure in my head.

Not much planned today, might clean a bit and do some laundry. We'll be staying home because the winds are supposed to be sustained around 40+mph. I hate spring for this reason, it's our windiest season and we're always windy.

I found a killer deal on yarn yesterday at the thrift store. Found about 10 of those baby cakes that are brand new for about 21 dollars total. Can you even believe that? I wish I could of gotten the rest but I had to show restraint. They had lots and lost of lovely yarns!

QOTD: what's your favorite activity that you do when you have a down time day? Like nothing else to do, at home day.

Mine would have to be chainmaille of course and listening to music loudly!

B: JUST egg cup, banana and decaf coffee x2

L: hamburger stew

D: leftover soup most likely

S: baked oatmeal square and ???

thought y'all would like this picture. It's a selfie that I look like garbage but Mona was so happy, she climbed up onto my lap and had just licked my chin seconds before the photo was taken! We take her Thursday to get her vaccinations, we've decided to go ahead and wait until July to get her fixed unless an earlier time opens up.

Mel

Greateight
on 3/22/22 4:41 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

its 6:30 and I am parked outside the Dermatologist office awaiting my 7:00 PDT treatment. I got home from the airport at about 10:30 last night, so I am tired.

we had a great weekend, dinner Saturday went fishing on Saturday and checked out a park in Boulder yesterday. It was so good to see my son.

I completely don't understand what he is talking about when he discusses his engineering schoolwork. I guess that's part of seeing them grow up.

QOTD: reading

breakfast: omelette

lunch: sausage and cottage cheese

dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Melody P.
on 3/22/22 5:23 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm so glad you had a good visit! Boulder is a beautiful city with the flat irons in the back drop. I have a good friend there and have visited often.

Mel

Emiepie
on 3/22/22 5:14 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Melody, that is such a sweet pic of you and Mona. Thank you all for your kind words regarding the loss of my friend.

QOTD: A nice long hot bubble bath and my junk tv.

TSS: 7 years 7 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Buddig turkey, cheese stick, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Pork loin, green beans, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt and toast

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1429 Protein:112 Carbs:136 Fat:54

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 3/22/22 5:21 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm sorry I didn't see that yesterday, I am so sorry for your loss!

Mel

Mkess
on 3/22/22 5:31 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning everyone!

My back, hip, and knee pain seem more pronounced today. I wonder if it's the rainy weather or overdoing it over the weekend. I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning.

QOTD: A good nap or trashy TV.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Chicken salad, asparagus.

D: BLT lettuce wrap with light mayo, green beans.

Be excellent to each other.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

GracielaSusana
on 3/22/22 5:33 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD: Reading or online shopping. Reading is much cheaper.

Melody, Mona sure loves her new home, you can see it on her face. I once had an english setter, who at 85 pounds wanted to be a lap dog. He would lay up on me like Mona did.

Today would be one of those lazy days, but an electrician is coming to resolve a bunch of small electrical problems that need doing. One is to install some GFI, this house has none since it is an older home. And a bunch of outlets aren't working. I need to tackle some old paperwork to resolve an aunts estate, I keep getting derailed with it as it's Canadian and so many affidavits etc. that I need to have a Medallion Certifications for and my Bank just changed hands again, so gotta start over with that. It is not a huge amount of money, but enough that my sister and I can take a couple of really fun adventures. Thinking Ireland and New Zealand, not at the same time. Maybe the South Pacific as well.

Menu: No clue. Have to go to the store. Just some eggs and salad material in the house. Other than canned goods of course. There are 2 Florida lobsters in the freezer. Okay, then that. I can put off going to the store now. LOL

Theduffman27
on 3/22/22 5:38 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Melody and Menu folks. I hope you are all doing well. Still no closing update regarding the sale of our company, this deal is taking longer as we are employee owned, I have heard our Lawyer/Trustee is very thorough and is ensuring a continuity for the employees. Tomorrow I will sit down with the new investors, while we have met, we will discuss the deal and expectations tomorrow. It is not an interview, I am being told they want to ensure that key employees are informed and that key employees are valuable and will be told that. Hoping a bonus??? haha

Health wise I am doing fabulous, had my yearly physical on March 9, I have lost 10 pounds since a September visit and have lost 8.2 lbs according to my scale at home. Will take measurements at the end of this month. Clothes are loose and no overhang...LOL. Bloodwork was good.

We are flying out on 03/31 for a full 2 week vacation, Mom and Dads for a couple of days, Cruise from 04/02-04/09 , Disney on 04/10 and then Mom and Dads until the 14th. Ready to get away.

Have a great day everyone.

Stay Healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

lmfontana4
on 3/22/22 1:33 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Great job on the health and weight! The vacation sounds fabulous.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Amy Liz
on 3/22/22 5:54 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ It is second Monday, I can tell. I slept pretty well, but I'm still tired. Where is all the energy I had last weekend? At least all food is planned, no winging it. Easy day I hope - one meeting, one appt off site, a lot of review and editing today.

QOTD - binge watch a good series or catch up on my DVR shows

b- coffee, egg bites

l - RGF lasagna bowl

d- Hot Italian sausage and peppers

s-cottage cheese

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155