What's on your photo Friday menu?

Melody P.
on 3/19/22 2:38 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! I love the photo of Mona as it looks how I feel most of the time, serious eye roll!

Mel

Lisa91941
on 3/18/22 6:15 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Looking forward to another busy day at work. I'm definitely getting antsy and fighting short timers attitude, but then it's so crazy busy that I get all wrapped up in and think "how am I going to walk away?". I've been up since three because the minute I become conscious enough my brain starts going through checklists. But I got a great straight almost 6 hours of sleep before that so I am good to go and I have already started making lists to help me relax.

Also, another 24 hour period of doing really well on food. I have put on 4 pounds since October, and I've been chipping away at that. Down a solid 2, two to go. I know it's not a lot, but it's that slippery slope thing I worry about.

QoTD: No daytime plans, but we have a fun ****tail hour on our neighbors deck tomorrow and celebrating a birthday with another friend on Sunday at a cute little Italian place they have been wanting to try. I saw they have Branzino and I think I will try it.

Menu:

B end of the chicken salad and 1/3 c cottage cheese

L end of the polenta lasagna. It's been good but I am glad this is it!

D no idea. But I have a couple good options to work with and I am determined to eat dinner at home because we are eating out the next two nights. And definitely a glass of wine. It will be my first this week.

My Calla lily's are blooming this year for the first time in maybe 5 years! Spring has definitely sprung here.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Emiepie
on 3/18/22 6:19 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats on the loss, 2 pounds is halfway!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 3/18/22 7:17 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Mona You really capture them all so well! Feeling much better today. I was recently reading about the body's stress response leading to high blood sugar. I'm usually calm and collected but was unusually upset/stressed out the day I had the RH episode. I hadn't had any sugar or carbs so what could have caused my sugar to go up and crash? There must be a connection.

St. Patrick's day was low key, but lovely. We had a fire, corned beef and cabbage (Rueben's) and The Quiet Man. I actually stayed awake through the whole movie.

QOTD - This weekend- today I'm off and will be taking care of some banking things. Saturday- I plan to get my potting table cleaned up and stocked so I can take care of my plants. Sunday we are going to SoCal to see Rob's parents and brother for lunch - just down and back. We haven't been in a long time, Oct of 2020? It's time.

B-coffee, egg bites

l - Ruben in a bowl

d - chicken w/ alfredo sauce over steamed broccoli and cauliflower

s - slim jim, smoked almonds

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Greateight
on 3/18/22 9:35 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Stress definitely raise's mine.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 3/18/22 6:20 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I didn't know stress could do that, but might answer some of my issues at times.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 3/19/22 2:39 am - Amarillo, TX

Stress sucks for sooooo many reasons! It definitely bothers my numbers.

Mel

Julia S.
on 3/18/22 7:52 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- This morning I drive my car to the car wash and then to the port and say good bye and hope it makes it to the mainland. The Uber to the rental car place. Saturday I want to do my favorite walk along the beach, ship my computer home and Sammy's vet appointment at 1:30PM. Sunday it's off to the airport and we'll be home late.

This afternoon I will disassemble my desk and pack the rest of my office up. I'm also trying to find someone to give my food to, as I hate to throw it out. But most of what is in the refrigerator will just get tossed. It will be strange to just walk away with everything still in here, but the movers aren't coming until the 25th. I have to have faith that it will get done.

Trying not to stress myself out about all of this. I have very little left to pack for the move, just the cat food. And the last things are the Espresso Machine, my coffee grinder and Keurig machine. I'll use them one last time before they're packed. Only 2 more nights here.

My eating has been out of control, no way to cook since everything is packed. I'm trying to make the best choices I can but I've been way off lately.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 3/18/22 9:33 am - Warren, OH

In the book, Gone With the Wind, there was an old uncle. He had spent his life as a two-timing, cheater and always did what he pleased. On his death bed, someone asked him what he regretted doing. He said that the only things he regretted where the things he wanted to do and never did. If you have not had this adventure, you would have spent the rest of your life wishing you did.

Coming back to the mainland will be the start of your newest adventure. I bet it will be fun. Welcome home.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 3/18/22 9:47 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Friday,

Yesterday I had a nice long walk while DD was taking her horse riding lessons. Today at work I am staffing a table to encourage nurses to obtain their certification since my hospital is offering free certification review classes. This is a great offering, I think I paid $500 for my critical care review class, then again for my review class for Nurse Leadership certification course. I am now going for my third certification as a certified bariatric nurse since it is required for my current position.

I have my annual appointment with the bariatric surgical team. I had my labs completed and my liver enzymes are way high. When I was in the ED for my internal hernia I had some imaging that showed gallbladder sludge, but other than the pain from the internal hernia at that time (resolved) I haven't had any symptoms. However, the surgeon did say that if I wanted the hiatal hernia fixed (my pouch is completely above the diaphragm) I should also have the gallbladder taken out. Kinda wish they would have just done both of those when I had my internal hernia repaired. Anyway, I will have another gallbladder ultrasound next week to see if there are any stones that are causing the increased liver enzymes.

QOTD: Skiing on Sunday for sure, we are getting to the end of the season. Saturday is usually dinner out somewhere. I would like to get out to do something Saturday. I do get some "cabin fever". DH is usually content to sit around "resting". I do need to get my nails done, so maybe...

I was analyzing my diet and I realized that I was eating/drinking 250 non-nutrient calories (cold brew with add-ins, popcorn, and chocolate). So I have decided to play around with a few things. Maybe just allow the caramel and half n half on weekends. Not gonna give up my popcorn and chocolate though

B: Cold brew with Core Power protein added

S: triple zero greek yogurt with collagen

L: Lettuce salad with chicken, ff french dressing

D: 1/2 c veggie rice, 3 oz roast beef

S: 100 cal bag popcorn, 2 squares sf chocolate bar

E: 30 min yoga, 30 min HIIT

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)