What's on your Monday menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 3/14/22 4:00 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday and I hope your workplace is safety first!

qotd - now that the clocks have sprung forward, what are you looking forward to this spring? I am hoping to see some of my bulbs that came up last year return!

menu today is

protein oatmeal plus blackberries

coffee plus half and half x2

two cheese sticks and protein hot chocolate with fairlife

tbd on dinner, I'm meeting colleagues in Boulder for dinner

have a great day everyone! I plan on dealing with three weeks of e-mail by moving it all to a file and seeing if anyone asks about it again. I'm sure that will go great, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 3/14/22 4:37 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin Jen and all.

I have an appointment with my bariatric surgeon today at 1:50. I have all my questions written out. Since my abilify was upped I've gained 4 pounds but have lost two of those but man do I feel discouraged! I've been eating a lot better for over a week now. Frustrating but I'm not giving in.

I am working on less than 4 hours of sleep total. I had only gotten around one and 3/4 hour but was able to grab two addition 40ish minute naps. I might lay down here again soon since we have no where to be this morning.

QOTD: it's hard for me as spring is my least favorite season for health reasons. My sinuses are screaming! Flowers are definitely it but I hate the wish washy weather. I'm ready for steady even if it means summer.

B: JUST egg cup, coffee and maybe yogurt

L: PP shake

D: ???

S: not sure at all.

bracelet I finished up with yesterday...kind of proud of this one and I'll wear it.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 3/14/22 4:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That's a gorgeous bracelet Melody. Good luck with the appt later today; I think you said they are recommending DS conversion? Have they told you how much of a weight impact they expect out of that revision? Good job on a week of staying on plan and losing 2lbs, it's not easy!

Jen

Melody P.
on 3/14/22 8:22 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! I have a lot of questions written down and put in my purse so I won't forget it. As of right now I don't know much as it was just the NP and me talking about it. I see the actual surgeon today to talk specifics.

I've been doing a lot of research.

Mel

Emiepie
on 3/14/22 5:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Where did the weekend go?!? Mine flew by with errands and a little work. Em did have her senior pics taken yesterday and I can't wait to see them in a few weeks.

QOTD: All the blooming trees! I wish my allergies also liked them.

TSS: 7 years 7 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Buddig turkey, cheese stick, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Tri-tip, cauliflower or green beans, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt and toast

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1477 Protein:119 Carbs:128 Fat:56

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 3/14/22 8:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It's true, I think many of us end up with a love-hate relationship with spring blooms, lol

Jen

catwoman7
on 3/14/22 6:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I have my children's/young adult book discussion group at 10:00 this morning, and...that's it. It'll be another warm (well, warm for Wisconsin, anyway) day today - as well as all week (YAY!), so I may go for a long walk. Otherwise, not sure. At least the weather is conducive to getting out of the house if I get hit with snack attacks this week! And hopefully it'll be conducive to getting a couple of bike rides in this week, too - I've so been looking forward to biking again!!

QOTD: biking!! I always miss it terribly during winter. The stationary bikes at the gym are just NOT the same!

B: plain skyr with blackberry/blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: probably the last slice of protein pumpkin pie

AS: L&F yogurt and a skinny bagel with light cream cheese. And maybe 1/2 a grapefruit or an orange (need to add more fruit & vegetables to my diet)

D: either whole wheat spaghetti topped with homemade marinara sauce & 2 turkey meatballs - or Indian bean curry (no rice or bread).

I almost forgot that the host of the book group always brings baked goods. If it's something I can't resist, I'll bring some home and give it to DH. Sometimes I live vicariously through him when it comes to things like baked goods. And it sometimes works...

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 3/14/22 6:41 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I make my husband eat food for me as well. Sometimes I feel bad because I know it does not help him. If he didn't have weight issues it wouldn't be a problem.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 3/14/22 7:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

luckily, mine doesn't have weight issues - but on the other hand, most of this stuff isn't good for him (although he'd eat that kind of stuff regardless - and does - even if it wasn't something I brought home. He's kind of sweet freak...)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 3/14/22 8:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

What is your book for discussion this month?

Jen