What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 3/11/22 11:25 pm - Amarillo, TX

Can there be any more truth to that!?

Good morning everyone. I am unfortunately up and at em way to darn early. Going to be a long day...again LOL

Not to much planned for the day as far as I know. We'll probably go to the grocery store as my mom is wanting to go get something.

I've been reading a lot...A LOT of information about the DS revision my NP suggested. So so much information and yet I still feel uninformed. I think it's because my mind is so spaced out usually. I have regained a ridiculous amount of weight since I started belbuca and Lori-tabs AND the upped abilify. I'm not blaming them totally as I still stuffed my face plenty enough. My biggest problem is that I pace around the house to much. I can't sit for extended amount of time and now laying down causes my feet and lower legs to fall asleep and hurt more. I walk around the house and of course that includes the kitchen. I grab a bite or two here and there, it ads up! I'm really torn over this. I see my surgeon Monday to talk about things. All I know is it's time I get serious again. My back is only getting worse with the added pressure from my weight. My diabetes has re-emerged. I've eaten well all the past week and my weight is up about half a pound. I'm curious if the muscle relaxer that was upped causes weight gain too. I wish one of them caused weight loss! LOL.

QOTD: yesterday I asked salty or sweet...now how about crunchy or soft?

I love crunchy stuff. Chips, crackers and the sort. I'm a texture person...I like seeds and nuts(even if they don't love me back!). I love fruit like dragon fruit because of the seeds. Pomegranate seeds...I also tend to crunch hard candy like peppermints.

B: JUST egg cup & coffee x2

L: PP shake with frozen mango chunks blended in

D: PP shake

S: yogurt, cheese and maybe a slice of GF toast.

Mel

Melody P.
on 3/12/22 1:41 am - Amarillo, TX

I may not be starting us out next week if QJB isn't able to...so it's up for grabs! I know I can be annoying

Mel

catwoman7
on 3/12/22 4:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

well I just finished two days of terrible eating. Luckily, this week should be much easier to navigate. I have to REALLY focus on this because now I'm more determined than ever to lose 10-15 lbs. A friend took some pictures at the gala we were at last night, as well as the luncheon we were at on Thursday, and I wasn't happy with how "fat" I look (I put that in quotes because I'm not really "fat", but I look a little chunkier than I want to. I miss the lean look that I had 2+ years ago. This is going to be hard because I think my body likes where it's at, but unfortunately, I do not. So I'm going to have to fight if I want to get back down there...

nothing on tap for today. After today, it's supposed to get A LOT warmer, so I'm really looking forward to that!!!

QOTD: I usually eat soft foods (like Greek yogurt), but I do crave something crunchy sometimes. I'll sometimes eat a handful of Wheat Thins or some dry Kashi cereal just for the crunch. Or put a little fiber cereal on top of my yogurt

B: skyr with cranberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: protein pumpkin pie

AS: L&F yogurt, skinny bagel with light cream cheese, grapefruit

D: half a fake chicken patty on half a slim bun with doctored-up plain Greek yogurt and a tomato slice. Cole slaw made with Asian-style dressing

have a great Saturday, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 3/12/22 6:14 am - Warren, OH

I have made up my mind to lose this last 10 by Memorial Day. Now I have to add the practical part like writing out all meals in advance, getting the ingredients in the refrigerator, and setting up timers to remind me when to start cooking. It is so weird when you live completely alone. I know that I accomplish nothing unless there is a end date, milestone dates, and complete accountability. My boyfriend went from 220 down to 179 in a month. He gave up eating cookies and candy at night. Male metabolism is amazing. I don't eat cookies and candy at night so that won't work for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Want2beMe
on 3/12/22 6:18 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Morning. I impulse buy at night and before going to sleep I bought a desk for my bedroom without taking measurements. I think it should work out okay or I hope it will.

QOTD: i like both but I tend to eat more crunchy foods.

B: chai latte

L: crab Alfredo

Snack: cottage cheese

S: shredded pork

Snack: string cheese

Want2beMe
on 3/12/22 12:42 pm
VSG on 08/17/20

Yay the desk worked out just fine. Took an hour to put together, instructions said 30mins. Now onto cleaning the kitchen...yikes!

Lisa91941
on 3/12/22 7:58 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's a beautiful day in San Diego and I have a full day ahead of me. We have lots of shopping to accomplish and I need to cook a good bit this weekend to restock my grab and go lunches for work. I haven't put much in the freezer lately and eventually that is going to catch up to me and cause me to eat lunches out. I have been at the same job forever, but I probably eat lunch away from my desk once or twice a year. I'm just floored watching the younger people pay for breakfast and lunch every day. I don't know how they afford it. And lots of them have never had desk jobs before, so you can actually see them growing in front of you. It's really kind of interesting and sad at the same time.

Anyway, today's trip to the store is also supposed to include my birthday present from my husband. New dinner ware that I randomly saw and fell in love with. As much as I like to cook and be in the kitchen, I am excited to have such cute plates to eat off of! For the last 15-20 years, we have been using plain white Ikea plates and bowls. I like that I can dress up the table with any color linens, but I am excited for this new set. I'll save these white ones for dinner parties. I have service for 12, (because Ikea is CHEAP) and I won't with the new set. And maybe at the end of the day, we''ll go snag the grand girls and take them to dinner and bring them home to spend the night. I also plan to clean out my cabinet of random vases and pass them on the the woman next door. She is an architectural landscaper and has amazing gardens. She constantly is gifting bouquets to people, so I send my silly jars and vases to her. Some will come back with flowers!

QoTD: Crunchy! I almost always plan for adding a crunch for a snack if my meal is soft. I eat Whisps and Quest chips to get the crunch factor when my mouth is missing them. Also sometimes dry Catalina Crunch cereal.

Menu is up in the air. But I have had a real good week, and I hope to keep building on that.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 3/12/22 9:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

unless these people are making big salaries, they're the types who are likely to someday realize that they can't afford to retire when they want to. Or they'll have to find a part-time job after they do to make ends meet. It's not that I'm super tight and NEVER had a lunch out , but if I'd have gotten breakfast and lunch out every frickin day, there's no way I could have retired at age 58.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163