What's on your Monday Menu?

Greateight
on 3/7/22 6:46 am
RNY on 08/29/18

10 years is a long time commitment. 6 is standard and you've accommodated them by staying almost twice that.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 3/7/22 8:54 pm - Warren, OH

I have been thinking about cleaning and re-arranging the kitchen cabinets. My method is to put things I never seem to use in boxes in the basement and then take to Goodwill if still in the box a year later. But 99% of it is still in the box and the one or two odd things I take out would probably be more sensible to get rid of everything and just replace the odd item.

I remember a friend of mine whose husband was a wonderful person, but total clean freak. Every Saturday morning, he emptied everything from every kitchen cabinet and cleaned all the shelves before he put things back. She just went and got her hair styled.

I have never hired anyone to help with cleaning but keep thinking this is the year to get some help. I want to completely empty and clean kitchen cabinets, clean and reorganize the basement and the garage. I know I can accomplish that one day at a time, but it is sort of overwhelming me this year.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 3/7/22 5:53 am, edited 3/6/22 9:56 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I had a nice low key weekend also. My hip and low back are out of whack and killing me. Lots of lounging (which probably didn't help) and zero cleaning. I am so close to having a housekeeper! My mom's old housekeeper is now my sisters housekeeper. I loved her, she was great. I think I can finagle a once a month deep cleaning with Rob. It will get us out of the house with the dogs for a few hours also - I envision hiking or the beach - and come home to a clean house. Win-win.

Today I have 2 meetings this morning and training this afternoon. Should go by fast. I just finished my books and I'm looking for another - any good ideas? I have few in my library, but nothing I'm terribly excited about. I may buy How to Stop Time by Matt Haig - I need more Matt Haig.

QOTD - Yes, sometimes a bouquet though usually a pretty flowering plant/orchid but always from TJ's

Accountability - there was bread

b- coffee, eggwich

l-Thai shrimp salad

d- smoked pulled pork

s-cheese/pepperoni

e -just stretching this morning - limited at that - but I got up and showed up

Have a fabulous day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Want2beMe
on 3/7/22 5:56 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Good morning. I woke up at 4am but managed to sleep a little extra until 7:30 so I'm very happy. Snowy and icy weather, no school and my appointment cancelled. Yay I can keep my pj's on. Had a busy weekend cleaning and organizing, which I like doing.

QOTD: once in a great while, I don't have much luck keeping flowers alive. My mom bought me some for my birthday last month and they lasted maybe 3 days.

B: chai latte

L: bbq pork

Snack: cottage cheese

S: quest cheese pizza

Snack: yogurt

Greateight
on 3/7/22 6:42 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

We ran outside at Crossfit on Saturday for the first time since November. 67 degrees and sunny. I'm cruising around thinking that Spring is here. Woke up this morning to 4 inches of snow. Sigh.

Good weekend, but it went too fast. The restaurant on Saturday was good. I had a lamb and Risotto casserole. Only finished a little of it and had some more on Sunday. There is still some left but its all Risotto, so I don't know if I will have any more.

Sunday I did another module in my online nutrition course. Basically, its eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. "Nuts" includes basically all naturally occurring fats like butter and avocado. "Meat" includes vegetable proteins like beans and tofu. Also, weigh and measure. All stuff that we already know here at OH, but I sometimes forget to practice.

QOTD: I love flowers, but I think it would be problematic to bring them home and say that I bought them for myself

Breakfast: omlette

Chicken

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 3/7/22 6:47 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Glad you had a good weekend QJB. Wish you a great week that is non eventful. You deserve one.

Shelia thanks for sharing the photo of DS and GF. How adorable are they. So cute.

Weekend for me entailed eating out too much and snacking too much. I guess I threw myself a pity party this weekend. I am tired of being in pain and I just want it to stop so I can get back to a good exercise routine. I guess the countdown begins today only 10 more days till surgery. Let's Go!!

QOTD: Never I always think about it but it never happens.

Accountability. Not so good.

TSS: 4 years 2 month 5 days: 145.6 LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato creamer

MS: Baked oats and fruit cup

CB: Coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato creamer

L: Pork rib eye in bourbon sauce and green beans.

D: I have a roast with dry French onion and a can of cranberry sauce and a head of cabbage in the crock pot.

Exercise: No in too much pain today.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 1x a week

Everybody Have a great week.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

I got my first Crocus this morning

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 3/7/22 7:07 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

LOL. That meme is so cute! I always liked that expression "I'm not fat, I'm fluffy" and loved the comedian named Fluffy.

We did a quick trip down to San Diego to visit DS. It went better than I had hoped and he spent half of Sat with us and we had dinner with him and his gf. He is doing well and that's all I care. On Sun he didn't have time for us so we did the tourists. Drove out to Dana Point and stopped at little towns going back towards San Diego: Dana Point, San Clemente, La Jolla and naturally San Diego; beautiful beaches and scenery. My favorite place was Sunset Cliff in San Diego. DS told us not only he goes surfing there, sometimes he gets there early enough (before sunset) to be able to find a parking spot and then does his homework there. It's a beautiful place with very beautiful homes with a gorgeous views.

QOTD: nope because I kill them in a matter of days. DH gets them for me for bdays and Mother's Day and I try my best but I have the blackest thumb.

My meals yesterday:

• Starbucks nitro cold brew + white egg bites
  • Open burrito (no rice)
  • Epic chicken, Twix, airplane pretzels
  • E: Rest day

Happy start of the week.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Christina135
on 3/7/22 7:08 am

Mernin, happy Monday!

QOTD - Rarely. I grow lots of flowers and cut them tho!

breakfast - fasting so hot black coffee and water

lunch - didn't bring anything, so will need to grab something with hubs. No idea what, but something veggie and yummy. It's cold here again, ugh so something warm.

dinner - think we are doing burgers so regular for hubs, and an impossible for me. tots on side!

Have a great day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Mkess
on 3/7/22 7:21 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a productive weekend but didn't get everything done. I have been feeling really down the last couple days and it's affecting getting things done.

QOTD: I buy my mother flowers randomly. I also have purchased flowers for friends occasionally but never for myself. I love how a little gesture like flowers can make such a big impact.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Corned beef and broccoli.

D: Shrimp ****tail and mashed potatoes.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

sue9999
on 3/7/22 10:08 am
RNY on 02/08/21

Happy Monday Everyone! I hope you all had a nice weekend.

Slow day today. Hub has his 6 week followup from his RNY. Our scale puts him down 59 pounds from his high weight and about 27 pounds from his surgery. He was very happy. I'm happier when I leave his food choices alone. Not always easy. I'm hoping by summer he is down to around 200 pounds which should make taking some hikes possible again. It is something we used to do and something I would love for us to do again. I started 5K walks this fall and am looking forward to doing some this year but hiking on rural trails is so much better. My feet love it, my spirit loves it, even my ears love it.

3 inches of snow last night so puppy was loving his walk this morning. 7-1/2 years old and you'd have thought he was 1-1/2, lol. Jumping, stomping, spin-flips. I guess he needed one more snowfall this winter. Wish I had a picture!

Accountability: Yes, did my exercise and did my reading/journaling.

QOTD: About once a year in the Spring usually on a day like today where suddenly Spring seems far away. I pick the brightest colors I can.

Exercise: TM today

Breakfast: 1 egg + 1 egg white omelet with 1 TBL cheese, 1 oz sausage

Lunch: 1/3 cup romaine with 1-1/2 tsp Litehouse Caesar dressing, 3 oz scallops

Sn: 1/3 cup protein pudding

Supper: 3 oz chicken (finally getting to try out my air fryer oven setting!!), 2 midget pickles

Have a great day!

HW 243 SW 208 GW 125 CW 135