What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 3/7/22 1:34 am, edited 3/7/22 2:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning Everyone! Happiest of Mondays to you all! How was your weekend? Mine was good. Very very very low key but I made up a lot of much needed sleep and relaxing. Yay! Sleep was much needed... The weather there is so weird. It was so cold last week--a high of 6 degrees of a few days, and this morning, it is already 55 degrees! I am going to try to give myself a quick break for a walk today :)

QOTD: Do you buy yourself flowers? I do! I like to buy an inexpensive bouquet when I go to Trader Joe's--I think it adds so much to brighten up the kitchen :)

Food was okay this weekend. A few small indiscretions, but pretty on point compared to where I have been for the past few weekends.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 3/7/22 2:17 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Monday mornin everyone.

Yesterday was just awful pain wise. I'm not sure what's up but man...I was reduced to tears multiple times. Still not feeling all to great this morning. I've been up since 12:05, I tried laying back down with no luck.

The raspberry chipotle BBQ sauce I made yesterday was so good but it was a tad to spicy for me to absolutely love. My own fault as I should of known only to add half a chipotle pepper. I'm such a weakling! I am still going to use it on the pork tenderloins I got yesterday. A lot healthier than the store bought stuff, I would also reduce the amount of serve it called for.

No big plans for the day, we have the kids after school and they also have dentist appointments...oh joy. That means we have to drive all over town.

QOTD: 7 or so years ago I did then something happened. His name is Percy.

B: JUST egg cup, L&F yogurt and coffee x2

L: PP shake

D: Pork tenderloin and some undecided veggie

S: Cheese whisps and ???

Mel

Melody P.
on 3/7/22 5:39 am - Amarillo, TX

Meant to share this too, a bracelet I finished for myself yesterday. It's the same bracelet just different sides.

Mel

lmfontana4
on 3/7/22 1:09 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Percy is sooo cute!

Share your BBQ recipe. Sounds delicious.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 3/7/22 11:00 pm - Amarillo, TX

Raspberry Chipotle Sauce

its really good but makes a lot. I am going to do the tenderloin today and I think it'll go really good with pork.

Mel

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/7/22 4:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning QJB and all! New England weather can sure be changeable especially in March. I have prefered to stay in Florida until mid-May the last few years.

We had a good weekend too with warm, very windy weather. We met with the wedding "planner" yesterday - 9 days until the ceremony ! The location on the beach where the ceremony will be held is much nicer than what we expected (we had only seen the beach closer to the main part of town).

QOTD: Yes, I like to buy flowers too to brighten up the house. And Mike is NOT a flower guy. I think he brought then once on an early date and not since then.

6 years since WLS at the end of this month. Back up with a 20 pound regain, due to too much going out to eat and traveling:

B: Granola

L: Tuna and cottage cheese

D: ? Maybe grilled chicken

S: cheese stick

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

supershopper
on 3/7/22 4:54 am

LIZ!!! how did i miss this announcement!!! im so happy for yall!!!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

supershopper
on 3/7/22 4:53 am

hia ll

weekend was eventful. I did a little job work work saturday, took dogs to dog sitter for a meet and greet. they were in a yard with 5 other dogs all bigger than them and did well! She will watch them for our next trip on the 19th. sunday i put together my tempo move and did my first HIIT program. I'm having trouble moving today. I went to target, kohls, costco and finally home. it was a lot. i did get pulled over by cop yesterday, thanks a heap carvana. if you are considering purchasing from them.. don't. i'm still on a temp tag and bought on august 21. i had no issue selling to them however...

food today- sooo many choices!!!

b: egg whites/cheese on a low carb wrap

coffee

s: ?

l: ?

d: gyro meat/ homemade tzatziki?

s:?

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Emiepie
on 3/7/22 5:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Thank you all for the anniversary wishes, we did enjoy a quick trip to the beach on Saturday. Another busy week ahead but hopefully part of that will be training the new person starting tomorrow.

QOTD: I do! Trader Joe's mini carnation bouquets are my go-to. I get two bunches, mix them and keep sOme on my coffee bar and bathroom. They last about 3 weeks usually.

TSS: 7 years 6 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Buddig turkey, cheese stick, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Eggbeaters, turkey sausage, Chompie's toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt and toast

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1523 Protein:120 Carbs:139 Fat:56

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 3/7/22 5:40 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

it's a winter wonderland here in the Upper Midwest this morning, so I'll be staying in. At least in March snows don't last too long. This thing should hopefully be gone in a couple of days. Such a change from the almost 60 F weather we had on Saturday!

this was a relatively busy weekend for me. I got the living room finished (I'm spring cleaning), including polishing the silver, which I haven't done in ages. It looks great! I also have half the kitchen cleaned. I still have a lot of crap on the counter on the other side of the kitchen, though. My cabinets are full, but a lot of the stuff in them we rarely use, so I think I'm going to box that up and put it in the basement or a closet - and for stuff we NEVER use, take it to a thrift store. Then I should have more room for some of this stuff that I do use fairly often. I also spent a huge chunk of time yesterday working on a Web site with the other co-chair of our organization. What she wants me to do is just really poor Web design, so I'm not sure what to do. It'll look like crap. Overly long and crowded and text-heavy (she wants lots of info on the main page with minimal links). Ugh. Not sure what to do. What we have now is a compromise that neither of us is happy with, but on the other hand, I think we can both live with it. But she wants me to keep working on this to get it to look like what she wants (some of it is technically impossible to do, but that's another story). I've been wanting to roll off the board for this organization because I've been on it for probably ten years and I'm just tired of it - but this gives me even more of an impetus to get moving. I don't know anyone else who's willing and able to do this - so they might just have to hire someone. Although for now I think they're "stuck" with what we came up with, because no one else on the board has the skills to do this, and I'm not wanting to do what she wants me to do. it'll look - awful.

QOTD: I don't think I ever have. Plus we'd have to put them in the living room, which we rarely go into, because I'm sure one of the cats would try eating them. So we basically wouldn't see them...

B: the last piece of lemon/blueberry yogurt pie. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 1/2 protein oatmeal topped with L& F creme brulee

AS: either the last protein muffin or another thing of L&F with a piece of fruit

D: turkey chili

ex: some cardio video since I'm not leaving the house today (!)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163