What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 3/6/22 3:34 am - Amarillo, TX

EVEN WORSE IF NOT COVERING THEIR MOUTH!!!

Good mornin everyone. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Not feeling great this morning. I sound like a broken record! I see my pain management clinic Tuesday. I'm a bit worried about it. :::shrug:::

My mom forgot something at Walmart yesterday morning so we have to go...again. I've going to make my own raspberry chipotle sauce and do a pork tenderloin in the crock pot. I got the idea from the recipe on the main page but wanted to try a no added sugar sauce so I might as well make my own. I have most of what I need except the pork. I might decide to try boneless pork chops...who knows.

QOTD: what is the most awfullest movie you've ever seen?

I can't remember the name of it but a movie where the slasher/killer is a tire. So so soooooo stupid. I still haven't recovered those brain cells!

B: JUST egg cup, yogurt and coffee x2

L: ??? Maybe sirloin steak...it may be dinner

D: ???

S: cocoa pebbles crisps and ???

Mel

Maddymoe2
on 3/6/22 4:27 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Mel,

I saw that recipe too and then the carb amount. Please share your recipe for the sugar free sauce. G Huges make a tasty sugar free BBQ. I haven't seen a raspberry chipotle though.

Melody P.
on 3/6/22 7:18 am - Amarillo, TX

Keto Raspberry Chipotle Sauce

I'll be making it today so I'll let y'all know! It's not totally sugar free but 4 carbs compared to the 21 isn't to bad!

Mel

catwoman7
on 3/6/22 5:54 am, edited 3/5/22 10:23 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm going to class with a Jazzercise friend this morning because they have a free "Friends & Family weekend" this weekend. Which means they'll start blasting me with emails afterward to sign up for a year (I've been to these before), but that's fine. I just ignore them (i do like Jazzercise, but it's pricey - and my gym offers cardio dance classes almost every day, so there's really no need...). Then I have to work more on the Web site I've been working on. People keep wanting more and more changes. I'm getting so sick of this. If I could find someone to take my place (fat chance...), I'd roll of this thing after this season. I'm really getting burnt out.

QOTD: I see so many movies that I can't even think of any one particular film - but I hate slasher movies in general - so that whole genre is my "awfulest"!

B: lemon/blueberry yogurt pie, coffee with half & half

MS: we're going to a coffee shop after Jazzercise, so probably an iced latte made with 2% milk and SF syrup

L: I may have the rose/cardamom/vanilla protein shake I made yesterday, because I loved it!

AS: protein muffin (?)

D: turkey chili

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 3/6/22 7:20 am - Amarillo, TX

I don't like slasher movies at all. Not a horror fan at all either. My mind is dark enough on its own! LOL

Mel

Want2beMe
on 3/6/22 6:14 am
VSG on 08/17/20

That picture was me at the start of COVID-19, worried at the slightest sneeze or cough. Walmart is no fun especially on the weekends unless I get there bright and early, but I pretty much avoid shopping in person.

I fell asleep about 9:30/10:00 and woke up at 12:30 stayed awake until 3:00 and woke up at 7:00. Ugh my sleep schedule stinks.

QOTD: I think it's called The Descent. I saw some of it until it became very gory. I don't like extreme gory movies, not for me. A good scary movie to get my heart racing is fine.

B: chai latte

L: burger no bun

Snack: cottage cheese

S: pork

Snack: jerky

Melody P.
on 3/6/22 7:22 am - Amarillo, TX

Not really a fan of Walmart either...our choices here are between 3 stores and one is very pricey and the other is on the other side of town. Want to know why none others? 4 super Walmarts and 3 market Walmarts in my city. Ridiculous! I'd love to have HEB here!

Mel

sweetpotato1959
on 3/7/22 10:46 am

The neighborhood wal marts are easy to get rid of....we had one near to here.. and the whole community/surrounding area only went in for "emergency items". They were open about 4-6 months. One person can not do this alone, but if it is not profitable al mart will not keep it open indefinitely. I knew of 3 that were closed not long after opened. sounds like someone has been paid off to have so many of those stores..in one town..

sue9999
on 3/6/22 8:47 am
RNY on 02/08/21

Well, got off daily posting pretty quickly. I'm battling with myself but, as they say on 600-pound, I have to figure this out. And I will. Hitting one year has set off some challenges to maintaining the habits I spent the last year developing. Quiet day today. Will watch the NASCAR race this afternoon.

Accountability: Didn't write each day. Working on it as I'm finding it helpful to handle stress. 1 day short of my exercise goal.

QOTD: The absolute worst movie I ever saw was "Dumb and Dumber". At the explicit diarrhea scene, hub and I walked out. The only movie I have ever walked out on.

Exercise: Today I will do 30 minutes on the treadmill. I already got walked by the dog.

Daily Meditation: Will write on today's meditation from Voices of Recovery.

Breakfast: 1 egg + 1 egg white omelet, 1 oz sausage, 2 TBL shredded cheese

Lunch: 1/4 c romaine lettuce, red onion slice, 2 tsp Litehouse Caesar dressing, 3 oz shrimp sauteed with garlic and 1/2 tsp butter.

Sn: Fairlife Choc protein shake

Supper: 3 oz rib, 5 red grapes. This may change as I want to try out the air fryer feature in my oven and I finally got an air fry tray. Just have to check the freezer for anything appropriate. Chicken maybe?

HW 243 SW 208 GW 125 CW 135

White Dove
on 3/6/22 9:14 am - Warren, OH

Next year will be my 50th anniversary of being a lifetime member of Weigh****chers. I still belong and attend virtual meetings. The secret of weighing less is only one thing. Eating less calories than you burn. No matter what plan, points, carbs, fats, keto, or any other gimmick nothing works except less calories and more exercise.

There have been many setbacks and detours on the way. Today I am seven pounds over my goal weight which is laughingly the weight I was on the first day I went to Weigh****chers. Back then it was 100 pounds for first five feet of weight and five pounds for each additional inch. At 5'2 they had my goal at 110. Later doctors convinced me that was not right for me and the 136 I was when I joined is now my goal weight.

Once I accepted the fact that I will never be a normal person and will always have to be on a diet, the rest was easy. I do eat anything I want, but I limit how much of anything I eat and stay at 1400 calories or less per day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends