What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 2/27/22 12:15 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Sunday mornin everyone. Sure is quiet here on the weekends! Hoping all of y'all are having a good weekend!

My brother and his kids are coming over today. My niece, Rachel, has an assignment/project to do that we have info on. It's genealogy related. We have an extensive amount of info on Ancestry and written down. I might make some brownies or cookies for them.

My pain levels have been extreme. I think it's to do with the weather...we're cold then warm then cold again. Also lots of wind and dirt in the air. Just this past week there was a smallish grass fire that burned 4 homes and a lot of out buildings in a local neighborhood. This is why I HATE spring! LOL. It's our windiest season and we're always windy anyway.

We've decided to rename Mama to Mona. She grunts and moans a lot. Not in a bad way she's just a noise pup. I think it fits her well and I love the name. Plus it gives my mom an excuse to sing to her...LOL I took a video last night that I wish I could share here! She was on her back wiggling around and grunting...so darned cute!

We're going to order some stuff from a Ukrainian bakery here whose proceeds go to help families in Ukraine. There isn't much we can do on a personal level. I can't eat any of it but they make donuts so my mom can at least put them up in the freezer. I must say they make a lemon Blueberry Cake that looks to die for(which my BS's would make me feel like I actually was...LOL). I might order a loaf of bread. The products are free but they like you to donate the money so they can use it for their nonprofit mission. We may donate just money or buy them some supplies to make more product. It's a really neat company. Kind House Bakery

QOTD: what is a goal you hope to accomplish this coming week?

I hope to get the house cleaned up a bit. I'll vacuum today and hopefully get the bathroom deep cleaned. The new pup, Mona, is kind of stinky...we gave her a "sponge bath" last night with wipes. It's all due to her being in heat, which should hopefully stop this week. We did find a doggie diaper that fits her well at petco yesterday. It's washable and has inserts you can use. Not cheap but it lets her run around.

B: JUST egg cup, coffee and a yogurt

L: PP shake

D: 1 enchilada with a sour cream sauce...may switch up with lunch

S: cheese, slice of GF toast and ??? Probably veggies.

Mel

catwoman7
on 2/27/22 6:40 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

We're meeting the moms (mine and MIL) along with my sister and niece for coffee later on this morning - then I told my friend who's moving to the Chicago 'burbs that I'd stop by for a couple hours this afternoon and help her clean. She's hoping to turn her keys in tomorrow and be done with it. I also hope to finish a book and FINALLY work on the Web site that I've been planning on doing for days now (but keep avoiding...). Not much else - although it's a beautiful, sunny day, so if it's not too cold and windy I may get out there and walk, too.

QOTD: that damn Web site I keep talking about! I REALLY need to get this done!

I couldn't sleep last night to save my life so I stupidly got up and had some L&F creme brulee yogurt with a T of tahini stirred in (I LOVE that). Of course, I wasn't even hungry (and I rarely do anything like that...), but now I'm STILL full, seven hours later. Hopefully that means I won't eat as much as usual today (I logged that little divergence into MyFitnessPal, so it counts toward today's calories).

B: either skyr with 2 T cranberry compote or 1/2 C of protein oatmeal topped with L&F creme brulee (another one of my favorite ways to eat L&F creme brulee!), coffee with half & half

MS: either an iced latte made with 2% milk and SF syrup - or more coffee with half & half

L: I don't know if I'll be home or not, so I'll take a protein bar or protein muffin with me

AS: protein pumpkin pie (not sure about this - this menu is already looking too heavy on the sweets)

D: Chik'n patty on a slim bun and some kind of vegetable

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 2/27/22 8:40 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I get it. I made myself go to bed hungry last night. I've been hungry all week and the scale is showing it today. The plan is to buckle down and get back to organized, planned meals and snacks. Good luck today!

Want2beMe
on 2/27/22 7:09 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Wow I slept the whole night!!! I feel so well rested. I got a notification my package is out for delivery, so I can't wait to get it, mostly ordered hamster chew toys.

QOTD: to cut back on my fat intake and be mindful of my calories.

B: woke up later then usual so no breakfast

Snack: yogurt

L: turkey burger with Swiss cheese

Snack: cottage cheese

S: beef jerky

Snack: string cheese

Lisa91941
on 2/27/22 8:53 am, edited 2/27/22 1:21 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Yesterday was both a hard work day and a luxurious day sitting in the sun reading. I allowed myself to be overserved on Friday night, so Saturday started off a bit more dragging than I should have allowed. We rented a big 10 cubic yard dumpster that is parked in our driveway. Yesterday we spent from about 9 to 1 pm cleaning things out, throwing stuff away, and organizing. Damn you gather a lot of useless stuff over the years. We got such a big bin because our kids had a bunch of yard and construction waste, and it was just a bit more than a normal sized dumpster. So they showed up with a truck full and I expect them back this morning with more. We also told all the neighbors to feel free to use it. Cleaning out the crevices of the garage and basement are so gross. We live in a very old neighborhood for So. Cal and we are at the end of the block. Lots of construction on our street with houses being renovated, disturbs all the rats and they head our way. Since we are at the end, and they don't like to cross streets (did you know that? They only like to go where their whiskers can stay touching something) we have had a huge problem. We have an abatement guy that is working to get it cleaned out and we are constantly having to clean and remove things. Just gross. Ugh. Luckily they no longer can get into the house. That's an adventure to tell over ****tails as it triggers a little PTSD in me.

Today, I have got a Sunday pot roast and veggies all in the oven, baked some bacon and made us bacon and eggs with eggs my girlfriend brought over from her coop on Friday. Yum! I will let the pot roast cool later and then reheat it for dinner tonight, and lunches this week. I think I am going to see Cyrano this afternoon. I hope I am at least.

QoTD: I don't have a lot, as I have been very good about checking things off my list. But I think I want to clean out the cabinet with all the various vases I have and donate them and have a nice clean cabinet to repurpose.

Menu:

B: 1 egg, 2 pieces bacon

L: tbd

D: pot roast with a little veggies and potato (I did lots of carrots and onions and only one potato this time)

Peace Everybody

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 2/27/22 11:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I can't even stand seeing a mouse in the house (although with four cats, it's a very rare occurrence). I think I would DIE if I saw a rat. UGH!!! They had a real issue with rats awhile back in one of the hippy-dippy areas of town because of all the composting. I THINK they have it under control now...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163