What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

White Dove
on 2/25/22 9:55 am - Warren, OH

I spent about $500 on blood work and other tests last summer when my cat was acting so tired. We suspected diabetes. It turned out to be low blood sugar. She gets dishes of Reddi-Whip a few times a day and is full of energy again. She is 15 and I hope she is happy and healthy for a lot longer. I know how awful I feel when my blood sugar goes too low, so understand now why she could hardly move sometimes.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 2/25/22 10:05 am
RNY on 11/21/16

The diabetes diagnosis came after he became constantly thirsty a few years ago. He would hop on the bathroom counter and beg for us to turn on the faucet - all night long. It was weird since there are water bowls and cups everywhere for him and he never did that before (or since). He was trying to tell us something was wrong.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

White Dove
on 2/25/22 10:59 am - Warren, OH

Gracie was acting tired a lot and I thought it was just because she was 14. Then I bought the Pretty Litter that changes color to alert you to a urine problem. The Pretty Litter was turning bright blue, so I asked the vet to run tests. We both thought it would be diabetes, but it turned out to be low blood sugar.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends