What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Teenie
on 2/25/22 7:02 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

The only good part of RH. Peanutbutter Toast. Thats my goto as well.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 2/25/22 5:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I feel for you guys on the East Coast, QJB - you've really had a bad winter. Ours has been amazingly mild except for a few days (maybe we sent it all your way this year?). This week has been not-so-great, but the rest of the winter has been pretty tolerable. Most of the storms so far have bypassed us. It did snow overnight, though, which I hope gets plowed off soon. My friend who just moved to Chicago is back today to pick up her last carload of stuff, and she wants me to stop by this afternoon so she can give me some food she's not taking with her. I don't really want to deal with slippery roads on my drive over there...

I got a lot of stuff done yesterday and hope to polish off my To Do list today. I need to do a ton of work on one of my organization's Web sites, so we'll see how far I get. I also really need to get going on this house. We're going to hire a vet tech to take care of our cats while we're in Italy in May (since one of them gets several meds + subcutaneous fluids), and I want to set up a "Meet & Greet" with one sometime next week. I don't want to her to see this dirty house!

in other news, I noticed the university has already posted the summer courses. Fabulous line-up! Lots of fun ones - and surprisingly, lots of online ones (although I kind of had this fantasy going of biking over to campus every day to go to class - to kill two birds with one stone (class + exercise) - plus I love biking in the summer). But I guess it's OK to stay online. Especially if they just post recordings of lectures, rather than do them live (some do it one way - some the other). Then I can watch them whenever. There are two film classes (indie films and crime films) - so I may take one of those (or both - although that would mean a lotta movies to plow through!). Anyway - re: online - maybe some of these professors decided to do that since they've discovered they can teach an online class from anywhere. Last summer I had one professor teach his class from Cairo, Egypt - and another from California. Whatever - but at least there seem to be a gazillion options this summer!

QOTD: I can't think of anything at the moment, but I'm getting very tired of people blaming the current president for the gas prices, inflation, etc - like a president (from either party) has much (if any) control over such things.

B: plain skyr with cranberry/cherry compote. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: Chik'n patty on a slim bun

AS: protein muffin, 1/2 C protein oatmeal topped with L&F cinnamon yogurt

D: lemon/blueberry yogurt pie

ex: I'd better do something - probably a youtube walking/dance video since I'm not driving to the pool this morning - too much snow!

since there seems to be a pet theme going on (and QJB has posted hers in boxes), here's one of mine. This is Minik, our naughty boy. But how can you get irritated with a face like that?

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 2/25/22 6:11 am
RNY on 08/11/14

What a sweetie Mink is!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 2/25/22 6:20 am - Amarillo, TX

Sounds like my Percy...if it's bad he's doing it! LOL. Minik is such a cutie!

Mel

catwoman7
on 2/25/22 6:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

same here. If there's something weird going on - like pasta all over the kitchen floor, for example - i know exactly who did it!

Queen JB
on 2/25/22 12:07 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

So handsome! Does Minik chew the boxes, too?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 2/25/22 12:16 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I had to think about this..he chews pretty much everything - including the drapes (when he wants to be fed, that is...) - but I don't think I've ever seen him chewing boxes!

catwoman7
on 2/25/22 5:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. have you Wordle fans discovered Quordle yet? OMG - it's so fun - you do four Wordle puzzles at the same time! I am addicted!

Queen JB
on 2/25/22 12:07 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I have now! Thanks!!!!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Mkess
on 2/25/22 5:50 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning and Happy Friday all!

I was up at 2am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I spent a couple hours laying in bed until I started watching the news. Laundry and homework today so that'll keep me busy.

QOTD: I have two friends that talk about living unvaccinated. I understand it's a personal choice but I can't help but roll my eyes. One friend has even gone to lengths of passing off someone else's vaccine card as his so he can eat in restaurants. SMDH.

Accountability: Gained one pound, not freaking out.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Grilled Chicken, roasted Asparagus.

D: Turkey Meatloaf and sauteed Mushrooms.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha