What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Teenie
on 2/23/22 7:45 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

When is your trip to Italy that should be coming up soon right?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 2/23/22 7:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

first two weeks of May! We're getting excited!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

GracielaSusana
on 2/23/22 7:26 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD Somewhere in the South Pacific to stay in one of those over water bungalows.

Weather is going to be 90 today, it's clear and sunny. At this time of the year with low humidity it does not feel that hot. It doesn't get much hotter in the summer but with humidity north of 80, one needs gills. And just standing will make you break a sweat, lol

Houses next door and across the street sold this week, so new neighbors. We haven't met them or know anything about them. Hope they are nice and quiet. And don't park a boat the size of the Queen Mary in the front yard. Like the last one did. It is not allowed according to deed restrictions BUT.

Menu Probably pizza toppings, pot roast for dinner. I haven't had breakfast yet, so protein shake there. I need to go to the grocery store and traffic is horrendous.

catwoman7
on 2/23/22 9:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

my grandparents lived in Ft Myers for several years (that was back in the 60s and 70s - they're long dead). It was great in the winter - but I'd sure hate to live there in the summer! I do remember all the traffic, though - they lived off McGregor Blvd - it took forever to turn on to it (but then, we were usually there during heavy tourist times - right around Christmas or spring break!). That traffic was horrendous!

GracielaSusana
on 2/23/22 11:16 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Actually living on McGregor is very sought after, all the locals Know you and your car so they break traffic to let you on and off. It,s still that way. People who travel that road are very courteous, no road rage at all. It's still 2 lanes and lined with the Royal Palms. Nobody wanted to live here until Air Conditioning and mosquito control.

Sheila_H
on 2/23/22 7:54 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

QJB - you always amaze me with your insomnia and productivity. I would be a jangled mess and somebody that no one would dare to approach, let alone running HR. Your mention of unicycle made me laugh, because in our neighborhood there is a grown man who rides a unicycle. It looks terrifying to me because he can fall any second but I keep seeing him on the streets and I guess it's his way of exercise. It looks very precarious.

QOTD: speaking of Ireland my daughter and 3 of her friends are going to Ireland in March. I kinda envy her lifestyle. When I was her age we'd do road trips to neighboring countries, but this girl is flying all over with no second thought. I guess if not now that she is 23 then when. If I could get on a plane I'd like to go to the Far East and visit as many countries as I can.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Protein smoothie
  • Protein puffs, Fage yogurt
  • Sauté chicken with mushrooms & asparagus
  • E: 5 miles jog

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 2/23/22 9:31 am, edited 2/23/22 3:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

the sad part is, when people are young, they often have the time to travel but lack the money. And for many of us in midlife (or older), it's the exact opposite. And then when you get a lot older - well, many have both - but then, there's their health. Ugh. I guess it's best to just get up and go when you can, or you may not have another opportunity! Anyway, your daughter is lucky! Plus I love Ireland..

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/23/22 8:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I haven't posted because I have been crazy busy traveling and just not planning my food. But I have also been super active hiking and generally not snacking so I think (hope?) I haven't gained weight but just maintained.

Sorry you are stressed by work QJB. I have to admit that the jobs I had which were the most challenging and ultimately the most stressful were the ones that I ended up enjoying the most.

Mike and I are almost at the end of our second month of traveling after one month in Hawaii and this month in Arizona. We are just about to leave the Grand Canyon for Las Vegas. Our base was Scottsdale, but we spent 4 days in Sedona as well. And next month we are renting in the Florida Keys. So it will be warm and we will have downtime for most of the month EXCEPT for the middle.

Mike and I are eloping in Key West 3 weeks from today. We have been setting up plans for the wedding and a party with family/friends in August since the 10th of this month and it is mostly all finalized with deposits down, etc. except for decisions to be made a couple of weeks beforehand. Dresses have been bought (not finalized), a temporary ring for the ceremony bought (silver band made by a Navajo designer), and flowers/photographer/officiant arranged for. I have told most people on my side but Mike is dragging his feet and has only told a few of his closest friends. He seems to be waiting for the "right moment" (good luck with that).

QOTD: Most of my "bucket list" travel is being attended to right now. I am very happy to be returning to Florida in a few days as the air has been very dry in Arizona, chilly most days, and downright freezing here in the Grand Canyon (it is still snowing from an overnight storm as I type). I am looking forward to humidity over 50% (it has been 10% or less most places here) and temps in the high 70's/low 80's.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Sheila_H
on 2/23/22 8:12 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Congrats Liz!!!
Eloping in 3 weeks then sharing the news with the families on Aug 10th with a party? Is that the plan?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/23/22 8:53 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

No we will share the news after we elope (in March). The first date we could get the venue we wanted for the party to celebrate is August 21. It is in my town on Cape Cod overlooking the harbor. The timing and location should work for most of our family and friends.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121