RNY on 03/24/21

Yikes!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Greateight
on 2/23/22 5:30 am, edited 2/22/22 9:31 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Cute pup, Melody. It is a bridge too far to classify 2:00 AM as morning.

We are trying to help my son pick some classes for summer semester. I kind of messed up his summer by scheduling our cruise to Iceland and Greenland right in the middle of July. But with our youngest graduating from high school this year and the other two getting older and busier, it is probably one of our last chances to do a trip like that as a family.

In any case, we looked a bunch of things up and sent him a bunch of texts, but at the end of the day I am not sure that we accomplished anything. He would like to take engineering courses this summer through his college. He is right that they will have much more impact in terms of lightening his courseload than the liberal arts classes. But between prerequisites, in-person vs. online, the limited summer schedule and the cruise, I am not sure how that is going to work.

If I am being honest, wanting him home for the summer is a part of it for us also.

We also have half an unused cabin that we need to fill. (Or not?) A lot of DD's friends have jobs that don't allow for taking big chunks of time off because they are relatively new to them. I am not sure my Mom is physically up to traveling. Marilyn's Mom we asked on the last cruise and it seems unfair to my Mom to ask Marilyn's mother again. I have two sisters and two nieces. Asking either without the other seems like it would cause a problem.

So, I have to figure something out over the next few weeks. I'm not even looking for money, just someone to go, pay their own airfare and not start an extended family feud.

QOTD: Somewhere far, fishy, warm and wet. Like the Seychelles or somewhere in the middle of nowhere. We are going to Oahu the last week of March, so that will do.

Breakfast: egg sandwhich

Lunch: Leftover Schwarma

Dinner: Pork

Have a great day, all

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 2/23/22 7:43 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Pick me that will solve your problem.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 2/23/22 6:53 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Em made her official college choice. Another pic for Friday.....

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 2/23/22 7:11 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Exciting, you guys must be so proud of her!!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 2/23/22 6:34 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! What a night of torrential rain. Woke me up several times, but I love to lay and listen to the sound of rain, so I did not mind. Was a slow day at work yesterday, and when I got home I made dinner plus started a crockpot of beef stew for tonight. I let it go on low overnight and this morning before work I added some tomato paste from the tube, miso and butter as I was just not loving the vibe. It will cool all day in the fridge and then reheat for dinner tonight. Voila. Also, it's enough food for all of you, so if you are looking for a place for dinner tonight, drop on by.

Food yesterday was weird. I could NOT get full. I did straight grill chicken breast and got full for about an hour. But I was on the hunt all day. No bad choices were made, but I ate 3 meals plus two full on snacks which is very unusual for me. Hoping for a more controlled day.

QoTD: Well, probably because I am from San Diego, I'm hopping on a plane to go to Montana next week and stay in the cabin. Currently it's -1 there, snow on the ground and I can't wait!

Menu:

B: grilled chicken breast and cottage cheese

L: leftover hibachi chicken and shrimp and veggies and about 1/4 c chicken fried rice

D: beef stew and Jiffy cornbread. and a pat of butter. And maybe few dribbles of honey.

I brought 3 options for snacks, Chobani yogurt, a Chomps and a bag of Quest protein chips. Hope I don't need them.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 2/23/22 6:52 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Hump day. We all made it. Yeah! Hoping you're feeling better today QJB and that sinus infection is subsiding.

Last night DH and I went to the nursing home to visit my friend who wa**** by a car on December 18. They made us put on N95 mask and face shields and isolation gowns. At first he did not know who we were because of all the gear. But we got to spend ½ hour with him and was pleasantly surprised to see how well he is doing. He had a broken pelvis and they are saying they are going to get him to stand today. If you're the praying type can you give a shout out for my friend Rick today. It's a big day for him.

I did get the appointment with the superior Orthopedic surgeon and it is for the same day I had it with the other surgeon I made appointment with 2 weeks ago.

QOTD: I guess the French Riviera. Just somewhere I always wanted to go but never really looked into it.

Accountability: 1 girl scout cookie and an apple. And ended up doing dinner at Texas Road house. I had Fillet medallions and salad. I did have the ranch dressing not the light but it is so good there.

TSS: 4 years 2 month 11 days: 144.2 LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM cinnamon roll creamer

MS: Choboni 0 sugar vanilla a banana and berries

CB: Coffee with SF CM cinnamon roll creamer

L.2 1/4 cup ham and bean soup ¾ cup chili, and left over green beans.

D: bun less burger with cheese bacon avocado and mayo.

Exercise: No in too much pain today I see the Doctor on the 28th to determine what I need to do to heal it.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 1x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 2/23/22 7:15 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good choice.

Emiepie
on 2/23/22 6:55 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Saying some prayers for Rick.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 2/23/22 7:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have a documentary film discussion group at 10:00 today. I hear the roads are fine (main roads great, side roads not perfect but OK for driving), but one of our members isn't comfortable driving this morning, so we'll meet on Zoom. That's fine - then I don't have to take a shower beforehand (will after, though, since I have a massage scheduled for late this afternoon...plus, I just need to...). Otherwise, not much going on today. I need to do some cardio, though. I worked with my resistance bands yesterday, but it's been a couple of days since I've done any cardio. Unusual for me, but then...weather.

QOTD: the first thing that pops into mind is going to Amsterdam and renting a bicycle for a week, but then, it's probably too cold there to do that right now (but it's near the top of my bucket list). So maybe somewhere warm - with an ocean. Maybe Chile. I was there once and really liked it. Similar weather-wise to San Diego (well, at least the northern half of it that's near the ocean) - but then there's all the Chilean culture, too...

B: skyr with 1/2 diced, cooked apple. Coffee with half & half

MS: iced latte made with Fairlife and SF syrup

L: protein pumpkin pie with light Cool Whip (or else lemon/blueberry yogurt pie - haven't decided yet)

AS: protein muffin

D: not sure. Maybe turkey chili if there's enough left. Otherwise maybe a Jimmy Dean breakfast muffin (the lower calorie one - made with egg whites and turkey sausage)

have a good day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163