What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 2/19/22 12:41 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone. Hope you're all doing well.

In some big news we may have another dog. Yikes. Our dirt bag neighbor, who you can't over use expletives on, called the dog pound saying his dog was attacking him. Problem? He hadn't been home since 9am and they came around 3 or 4 after he had called with a burner phone. The dog, who we've always called mama, was running around in our front yard. So my mom went and talked to the two trucks that came. She told them about him and explained some stuff. They put her back in his yard and of course she got out again. So one of the trucks decided to come check on it. She was heartbroken and told us that he was the one who called on his own dog and that if they took her she would of been put down right away as the shelter is full. I cried and cried and cried as I do love her. She said if we could keep her for a few days she would post her to some rescues. If they can't find her a good home we'll be keeping her. We will need to get her spayed and I'm sure shots etc. I can honestly say I don't hate many things...esp people...BUT I HATE HIS GUTS. He has three warrants out for his arrest. The cops here won't do anything with him. He is a **** human being. I have a serious disdain for people, and I use that term loosely, who mistreat animals. So our dog Frank doesn't like her much. I think they'll get used to each other. We tried to keep her pinned up but she is an escape artist. So she is in our garage right now. She'll become an indoor dog if we keep her.

We didn't want another dog but as I said, we do love her. He is such a worthless and I mean WORTHLESS! excuse of filth. With my uncle's passing and that it was the ****tiest day in a very long time and I haven't cried so much in one day since my grandma passed away 9 years ago.

QOTD: what's your top three movies or franchises?

Ok, most of you know my love of the Lord of the Rings. So those three are the top spot. I must say I can't wait for the Amazon Prime show/mini series. Then it's Apollo 13(I'm an early space flight geek) and the the 13th warrior. The last one...I'm not sure why I love it so much. It's the story line I guess.

Food was absolutely horrid yesterday. Hoping to reign it in today. Let's just say jelly beans and various other things we're had...including chips & chocolate.

B: JUST egg cup and coffee...oh and I had 5 pringles to clear up my throat...due to crying it was rather dried.

L: PP shake

D: I have some fennel and I may get some cabbage to go along with it...and some kind of sausage. We have to order flowers this mornin so we'll be near a grocery store

S: cheese and a banana

Mel

Want2beMe
on 2/19/22 1:47 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Well it's 3:30am and I can't sleep. I love the Charlie Brown joke that's cute. Poor dog, hope she settles down ok for you. That's so nice of you to take her in.

QOTD: The Great Outdoors, Kangaroo Jack, and The Goonies. Tough choices as I'm into different movie genres, but I have a soft side for funnies.

B: chai latte

S1: string cheese

L: turkey burger, green beans

S2: yogurt

S: bbq meatballs, mixed vegetables

S3: ?

White Dove
on 2/19/22 6:07 am - Warren, OH

It is wonderful that you saved that poor dog and know she will be loved and have a happy life with you. I am glad that she will be an inside dog.

I will love movies when I am watching them, but quickly forget them and move on to other things. This week I am watching 1883 and will fini**** this weekend, then probably start on Yellowstone.

I loved The Crown and I love Outlander. My favorite series are Great British Baking Show, Hoarders, and My 600 Pound Life. I have seen every episode of them and watched some episode multiple times.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 2/19/22 8:28 am
RNY on 08/29/18

We have been watching 1883, as well. We must be slow because there were seven episodes when we started and now there are at least 8.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 2/19/22 6:20 am, edited 2/18/22 10:20 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

the party was fun last night. Even my MIL enjoyed it. She met another woman from New Jersey there, and they had all kinds of connections besides both having lived in New Jersey for decades (this party is a monthly thing of a women's social organization that she and I both belong to - they have all kinds of interest groups plus they hold lots of luncheons and social events - like these wine and cheese parties (although people bring other things in addition to wine & cheese)). Anyway, she's usually a glass-half-empty person, but she left the party happy as a clam. Whew. Roads were a little tough coming home, though - not much snow, but some had iced over because of a quick 20-degree drop in temperature. We had a scary slide at one point, but luckily, no one was behind us. Judging from my bedroom window, they don't look much better today, so I think this may be a good day for doing taxes and working on one of my other organizations' Web sites.

QOTD: I can't think of any franchises. And movies - I'm kind of a buff and have also taken several film classes at the university (and am in two film discussion groups), so there have been so many good ones that I really can't think of my top three. if something pops into my head, I'll come back and update

B: skyr with 1/2 cooked, diced apple. Coffee with half & half.

MS: rose- and cardamon-flavored blended (with ice) vanilla protein shake

L: lemon/blueberry yogurt pie (??)

AS: either a protein muffin or 1/2 C protein oatmeal topped with L&F cinnamon yogurt

D: turkey chili

ex: resistance bands for sure. That may be it because I'm not going out unless the roads really improve, and I'm still trying to keep off my feet as much as possible (so no dance videos...)

have a good Saturday, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 2/19/22 7:55 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Bless you heart Melody, that sweet girl is lucky to have you guys!! I just hope his kids are okay. Hang in there.

Today Rob is not feeling well, he had a rough night and he is still sleeping. Looks to be a chill day at home which is fine with me. I have a lot of things to do around here and some shows I want to watch. Tomorrow we are hiking then going bowling with the kiddo. Monday I'm hiking with my sister and having lunch on the coast. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy this day! My kitty Bubs is feeling better, back to normal. It must have been the vaccines that wiped him out.

QOTD - Too many to pick from really... If I'm going semi-classic - it would be Sound of Music, Quiet Man and Grease. Or the mob? The Godfather, Goodfellas and Sopranos, Girlie stuff - Pride and Prejudice, Bridget Jones and Anne of Green Gables. So many more really - I didn't even do modern drama, comedy or horror! I like so much stuff.

Accountability - wine and tacos after a 4 hour hair appt. I was toast.

B- coffee, eggs and sausage

l - TBD

d - TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Lisa91941
on 2/19/22 8:41 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Wine and tacos used to be my very favorite meal. On my birthday or after an agonizing day at work, that would be my go to. Two beef tacos and a glass (or 3) of chardonnay. Something about the salty with the wine. Yum.

Amy Liz
on 2/19/22 9:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

That is exactly what I had yesterday - 2 beef tacos and 2, maybe 3 glasses of chard!! So good!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Lisa91941
on 2/19/22 8:50 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Morning! I had a successful day again yesterday food wise, but I also added in wine last night. I'm thinking I should feel a bit guilty about it, but I don't. I had 4 excellent food choice days in a row. Cooked at home every day, and pre packed left overs to provide lunches. I am liking this routine, and my weight is staying within the 2 pound range it's been in since August. So this seems to be working for now.

Started my day with some slow stretching and lite yoga. Still working on getting my back to 100%. Slow going, but it's getting there. We have a fancy dinner to do tonight. Taking our friends/neighbors out to a nice dinner as a thank you for all the neighbor labor he contributed while we got a new shed built and he also built us a custom mantle to finish off our fireplace. It's only been waiting for one for three years. Man time does fly. Anyway, fancy steakhouse downtown with a beautiful view of the crazy bars around us. People watching should be great. I've got an in at the steakhouse, so I am hoping for a real fun table.

Menu will be light all day, so I can have a few bites of everyone's fun choices tonight. Don't think I will bother with an entree, it will just put pressure on me to eat it and that always seems to push me over the edge.

B: 1/2 hamburger patty and cottage cheese

L: left over grilled chicken breast and maybe some ranch to dip it in.

D: no idea. There will be bites of apps, glasses of wine, at least one bite of my husband's steak, and bites of sides. And probably a bite of dessert. We owe these guys big time, so we are going all out.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

GracielaSusana
on 2/19/22 1:07 pm - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Kudos for keeping the mama dog. I have acquired pets that way as well. Last one was a cat who lived to sixteen.

QOTD. Well I liked everyone picks. I like too much but don't love anything enough to single out.

Menu: protein shake, yogurt and pot roast for dinner (left overs)