What's on your Valentine's Day Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/14/22 1:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Valentine's Day, my Valentines !

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was nice, just not long enough at all. We saw friends, I got a haircut, we watched a few old movies, cleaned the house top to bottom, and I played with a new cookie decorating toy. All in all pretty solid weekend, but I feel like just barely recovered from last week so I really hope today is calm. Tonight we've decided not to go to Boston like we had talked about, but we are going to go out to dinner. Nothing fancy--just a nearby pub, but it should be nice!

QOTD: What is your most memorable Valentine's Day memory? Valentine's Day as an adult has usually been very nice - either with partners or friends...but nothing compares to the excitement of Valentine's Day as a kid! I loved bringing in homemade Valentines to the class and it was always a fun crafty day in class when we made the mailboxes. My parents always bought me lots of candy, too :)

Ok, today's food is not going to be on point... Remember the seafood feast with our friends on Saturday? There was fried lobster (yes, FRIED LOBSTER). It's lasted over 3 meals and I am having it for breakfast, lol. Plus, tonight we are going out to dinner (food tbd) and I want some wine. Not saying food is love, but... XOXO.

B: Protein Coffee & Fried Lobster

S: Cheese & Nuts

L: Spinach & Prosciutto

D: ?? & wine :)

Have a great day, loves!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/14/22 2:18 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Hope that you're all well.

No big plans for the day. We are going to help stay with my aunt for a few hours this mornin and maybe in the afternoon too...depending if they need us. My cousin has to fly back out to San Diego. He gets discharged from the Navy in June officially but will likely move in mid to late may. He's very upset he has to leave. It's been good for all of them...him being there.

Depending on if they need us we may or may not have the kids this afternoon.

QOTD: my favorite memory is one of the years my grandpa got us(my grandma, mom and me) valentines chocolates. He always did when he could. This year every single box of chocolates was melted into a big solid piece in each one. It just made us all giggle. My grandpa said in his higher pitch enthusiastic voice that they were still good and then proceeded to take huge bites out of one of the blocks. Good lord I miss these people, especially my grandpa.

B: JUST egg cup & coffee x2

L: PP shake with strawberries

D: PP shake with oats

S: cheese, yogurt and some bone broth

Mel

White Dove
on 2/14/22 3:24 am - Warren, OH

Not driving to Boston is a great plan. Driving can be stressful and going to a neighborhood pub is a relaxing plan. My sister owns an Irish pub called the Harp in Wilmington, NC. I was looking at their Valentine's Day special on Facebook. Prime rib with baked potato and broccoli. She has a chef who makes everything taste and look wonderful.

The decorated shoeboxes with all the valentines from classmates are my fondest memory of Valentine's Day. And there were always heart shaped cookies with pink icing. I remember how fascinated I was to fold a piece of red paper in half, draw half a heart, then cut it out and have a pretty heart. And I know that there were lace doilies that we could use as a decoration.

If I was in NC, I would to the Harp and order the special then be too full after four bites and not mind eating for leftovers for days.

=

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 2/14/22 5:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I enjoy (or used to, I don't think I've tried it post op) a good prime rib, but it is not a photogenic meal, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 2/14/22 6:15 am - Warren, OH

She takes pictures of the specials and puts them on her Facebook page. She has improved but photography is not one of her talents. For a while she was posting some really great pictures and I asked her what she had changed. She admitted that she was just buying images from an online service and posting them. The one of the prime rib is her own work though. Not the photographic quality of something you or Melody would post. Most pictures that people post on Facebook of their food have a tendency to turn my stomach. LOL

I have gone to a restaurant a few times with the intent of getting prime rib. Then ordered something lighter.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 2/14/22 6:27 am, edited 2/14/22 3:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

food photography is hard! I could not do it!

Jen

lmfontana4
on 2/14/22 10:28 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I had prime rib for my FIL's birthday last weekend. It was delicious and didn't create any digestive issues. The cake and ice cream for dessert did though!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Teenie
on 2/14/22 4:03 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I love a great rare prime rib. that looks delicious to me.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/14/22 3:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

quick post, it's a busy day and week and I already feel behind!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

QOTD - I had my surgery on V-Day so that was pretty memorable, at least the parts I was awake for!

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

Yogurt plus blackberries

mozzarella and peppadews

hamburger left overs

have a great day everyone!

Jen

Sheila_H
on 2/14/22 8:02 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Happy 4th surgiversary!!!