What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 2/13/22 5:09 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Hope all is well with y'all!

yesterday ended up being rough. We went over to my uncle and aunt's house to take a few things. Their son arrived for a few days on Friday. It's all very sad. To add to it my aunt, who has a way of inserting her foot in her mouth said something upsetting for her son. She is bad at it usually(not purposely though) but with her not sleeping much and being stressed out...well it wasn't pretty. They have a strained relationship to begin with but she apologized and he said it was ok. It's hard for me to see people cry. It's good all in all that he was able to come. He has to leave tomorrow morning. He is leaving the military April 1st. His wife is supposed to have a double mastectomy on March 1st. He is really worried. My mom was an OBGYN nurse for 25+ years so she was able to offer some valuable advice on how he could help her in the healing process.

anyway. I'm exhausted and my pain levels are still so bothersome. I'm trying to be positive or at least not focus on the negative. I do wish I could be in a cabin somewhere snowed in on a mountain. Not having to deal with all this stuff. Alas this isn't a world that works that way! LOL

QOTD: what's your favorite spice or spice blend?

For me it's one that's not ultra popular....cloves! I love and adore them! A very close second is cinnamon...good cinnamon! I guess I like the warm spices. I also really have a thing for ground pepper. I couldn't care less about salt as long as I have freshly ground pepper.

Menu is kind of blah.

B: PP shake with cold brew coffee, regular coffee w/ SF creamer

L: hopefully some kind of brother and a yogurt

D: PP shake

S:???

Mel

catwoman7
on 2/13/22 6:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

TDaP booster yesterday morning. So far all I have is a slightly sore arm (at the injection site), so maybe this will be OK! I usually have flu-like symptoms the next day with this vaccine - plus a lump the size of an egg (like half the egg was inserted under my skin) and a lot of soreness that lasts for up to a week), but maybe I won't this time around. YAY!!!

Nothing going on today. I have to make an Aldi's run for a couple of things and I need to do my half hour of cleaning (I promised myself I'd do this every day but didn't do it yesterday) - but that's it. I'll do some reading for my classes and some recreational reading as well - other than that....???? I'd like to get out if possible - it's very cold but really sunny - I'll have to think of something we can do.

QOTD: I cook things from so many different cuisines that I don't have a favorite. I put cinnamon in a lot of sweet things, though - and in a lot of my protein shake concoctions and iced lattes - so maybe that.

B: plain skyr with 1/2 a cooked, diced apple. Coffee with half & half.

MS: protein iced latte made with Fairlife and SF syrup

L: chickpea sandwich, probably..

AS: protein muffin, probably a light Greek yogurt for either an afternoon or evening snack, too

D: leftover pho from last night (it has veggies and baked tofu in it)

ex: I probably should do some cardio. My feet are hurting me - maybe from (land) Zumba. I wi**** was warmer or I'd go to Aqua Zumba this afternoon - but the thought of being in a pool when it's this cold outside (even though I'd be indoors) isn't appealing at the moment. I'll think of something...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 2/13/22 8:34 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Yesterday was a relaxing day with getting some chores around the house done, helping to put up lights on the awning and I rounded it out with a late afternoon massage. Still trying to get my back feeling better. The massage helped and I got up this morning and just went and sat in the jacuzzi for a bit before starting my day. I have to go blow dry my hair shortly, and that has proven to be pretty uncomfortable this week. Once I get through that I can eat and work on today's list of things to be done. Make a couple birthday cards, clean all the lamps for the back deck sting lights we put up yesterday, keep organizing and getting ready for the grand girls to come over this evening for 24 hours. We've decided to drain and clean out the jacuzzi, and then leave it off for a few months as the months coming up will be super busy and have lots of traveling. So we have the cover off and the water cooling down. The girls will love that they can use it as a personal swimming pool this afternoon and tomorrow. And we are having some sort of family dinner tonight while we get the kids. And maybe watch some of the game. Go Rams. They were my #1 pick to go to the Super Bowl and I've already won the competition for total points, but it would feel good to be the WINNER all the way.

I did really well on food yesterday. Small pouch day. Hoping for the same today

QoTD: right now, I am loving Herbs de Provence on baked feta

Menu
B: left over chicken tender

L: maybe the other tender and a small salad

D: tbd. depends on what the family decides to do this afternoon/evening.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 2/13/22 4:09 pm - Warren, OH

When I had a beauty shop, a lot of ladies found blow-drying their hair to be uncomfortable or painful. There are stands to hold the blow dryer and then sit in front of it and dry your hair. Check Amazon or Walmart.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Want2beMe
on 2/13/22 11:08 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Hello!

Nice to relax and enjoy the day. I'm not into football but go Rams. I will check in on the game every so often.

QOTD: I like my food very bland, so I really don't use spices. If I had to pick I'd go with parsley.

B: Kashi cereal

L: turkey burger with Swiss no bun

Snack: yogurt

S: not sure yet, maybe shrimp

Want2beMe
on 2/13/22 3:55 pm
VSG on 08/17/20

I didn't eat shrimp, I had a hot bowl of oatmeal with peanut butter. So very filling! I always hated oatmeal but my dietician gave me ideas to be more creative with it and so I'm giving it a go.