What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 2/12/22 12:06 am - Amarillo, TX

For some reason this meme really really made my morning. It hit me right in the funny bone.

Good mornin everyone! Thanks for the birthday wishes yesterday! My day was ok. I got to talk to my nieces and nephew on the phone and had the Thai food(which promptly made me sick lol). Thankfully no left overs for me. I got something that was gluten free...it came with steamed rice and I maybe had 1/4 cup of it because it fell in the shrimp Prio Wan. It was tasty as heck but tooooo much sweet. I just felt bad for about 40 minutes so I think I lucked out.

I'm starting a soft food diet today. I don't know for how long. I consider it a cleanse of sorts. BUT for my mind. I know there really isn't such a thing as a pouch reset in the way it's peddled. I honestly am tired of food.

Not sure what today will hold. I am so relieved...my cousin Chris was able to come to town for the weekend yesterday. I hope everything goes smoothly for them. There is some angst in the situation. We had to go get a few clothing things and we were able to find good deals that I wish we didn't have to get.

QOTD: what's your current obsession? Like craft, book, music...anything!

A few new to me chainmaille weaves called iguanascale and Flor De La Cantuta.

B: PP oats shake and coffee

L: PP shake with maybe some banana

D: atkins protein shake

S: yogurt and a jello parfait

Mel

Melody P.
on 2/12/22 12:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Pics of said weaves...

iguanascale

Flor De La Cantuta.

Mel

catwoman7
on 2/12/22 6:39 am, edited 2/11/22 10:40 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

Glad to hear your birthday turned out to be at least semi-OK, Melody!

I have my tetanus booster in an hour, and a friend of mine who'll be moving to the Chicago suburbs at the end of the month wants to meet for coffee later this morning, so I may just head over to the coffee shop after my shot and read the paper while I wait for her. I'm glad she wants to go today instead of tomorrow since I've had unpleasant reactions to my last two tetanus boosters, but if I get those, they probably won't hit until tonight or tomorrow. Other than those two "events", no plans for today. It's very sunny but very cold - so I'll probably just stay in and read or watch movies or something.

feeling very bloated this morning - which should help me stay on track today. I'm bloated because I ate half the "Korean bowl" for lunch yesterday (at the restaurant) - and had the second half for dinner, which I originally didn't plan on (I'd had something else in mind for dinner). Calorie-wise I was OK, but myfitnesspal said I had a little over 6000 grams of sodium yesterday - so that would do it. It was definitely the Korean food...

QOTD: lately I seem to be spending a chunk of my free time watching a movie or youtube video in one window (on my laptop), and playing solitaire or doing word puzzles (crosswords, Wordle or copycat Wordle) in another. Works for everything except for films/videos with subtitles. So I guess that (??)

B: skyr with fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: blended iced latte with 2% milk and SF syrup at the coffee place

L: the chickpea sandwich I often write down but often eat something else instead (not always - but often!)

AS: protein muffin

D: pho made with baked tofu

ex: I should probably do the resistance bands before I head over to Walgreens for my shot since it maybe a few days before I can do them again! (my "reaction" includes an egg-sized lump at the vaccine site as well as a lot of soreness, which can last up to a week! UGH!)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 2/12/22 8:08 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

It's a very warm weekend in San Diego, and I am wearing shorts. I still can't believe I wear shorts now. I hadn't for at least 15 years. Great evening last night with a friend over. We had wine and dinner on the back deck with the fire pit going. Perfect Friday night.

Today is Trader Joe's and maybe a massage. My back is getting better every day, but oy the low right side. I'm glad it's working it's way out though.

QoTD: Probably my Cricut and my commitment to NOT support Hallmark this whole year. I made an adorable card for my granddaughter, and need to make a card this weekend to get into the mail for a friend. I spent 60 dollars on high quality cardstock, and figure I've already saved about 20.00 not buying Hallmark cards so far this year. And I have tons of paper left. Definitely a win and good to keep my hands busy.

Menu is a bit up in the air.

I think the only thing I know for sure is Korean bulgogi (sp?) from TJ's for dinner with grilled onions on white rice.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125