What's on your Thursday Menu?

supershopper
on 2/15/22 9:32 am

I know it sucks and the entire process sucks.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Lisa91941
on 2/10/22 6:29 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Jeez, JB! I don't want to read about you on the news, please be careful! I'm impressed it was just one Vodka soda. My back is better today, but based on the fresh undies test, it's still in pretty bad shape. But I slept very well last night and logged some great hours and that is sure to help. Yesterday was just so crazy at work, and then with my back pain, I did an audible and opted out of making our dinner. It got picked up at the local gourmet taco shop, and I had a fried fish street taco, and a couple of tablespoons of beans, and maybe one tbsp on Elote corn. So not terribly off the rails. Though at the end of the work day, a TJ's valentine cookie (which is really two cookies with jam in between if I am being honest) jumped in my mouth. Then I was mad at myself for not saving it for this morning with coffee. So one way or another, that cookie was going in me.

QoTD: This year, I am watching the grand girls on Valentine's day and the hubs has elected to pass on golf and spend the day with us. So I think I'm going to have the cutest valentines in the group. We have a little selection of funness for them and we are planning on a bike ride through Liberty Station and lunch. The lunch place has ridiculous milk shakes, and we'll get the birthday one for them to share since my littlest turns 8 on the 18th. The milk shake comes with a Twinkie and a cupcake as a topper, among other things. Food version of "jacked". I won't touch that thing, it holds no appeal to me.

Menu

B: hb egg, cottage cheese

L: left over homemade chili with a little cheddar

D: depending on my back, I'll either go with the roasted chicken option from last night, or korean bbq beef and rice.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Greateight
on 2/10/22 7:11 am
RNY on 08/29/18

That milkshake reminds me of the place in Palm Springs. I can't remember the name of it but the kids loved it. I think even before surgery it was too sweet for me.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

lmfontana4
on 2/10/22 10:55 am
RNY on 03/24/21

That milkshake sounds delicious. I stay away from ice cream because it is my heroin.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 2/10/22 7:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well my MIL decided last night to cover our loss on the rescheduled Italy trip after all (rescheduled because of her health (this was back in October) - although our trip was supposed to be six weeks AFTER her surgery, and she was physically fine by then. It was her panic attacks - she wanted us to cancel the trip because of her anxiety). She said she'd reimburse us not because she felt she should be responsible for it, but because DH was family. And actually, no one was responsible for covering that loss - we certainly weren't, either (even less so than her, really...). But anyway, I'm glad that was resolved.

I have to take my mother to a doctor's appt this morning, and then she wants to run some errands - so my morning will be full. No plans for this afternoon other than I may need to set up MIL's wireless router and Roku if they've arrived yet (she ordered them from Best Buy or something). She's all excited about being able to watch Netflix on her TV instead of on her computer. Other than that - nothing going on.

well I'm two lbs lighter this morning than I was yesterday morning, so it was jus****er. I'm thinking I might go back to weighing daily so that I know when it's just a normal fluctuation. I gave that up because the fluctuations were playing with my head, but I think this once-a-week thing is even worse (at least for me), because now when I'm two lbs heavier than I was the week before, I'm not sure if it's a true gain or jus****er. Ugh. I think the once a week thing might make more sense when you're actively losing weight (some would say to just stay off the scale completely and go by how your clothes fit - but no - that'd never work for me. I'd gain at least 10 lbs before I'd notice the clothes thing, since I pretty much live in leggings and oversized tops)

QOTD: nope - no traditions on this end!

B: plain skyr with some kind of fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: I'll take a RTD protein shake with me since I don't know when we'll be done with all the "mom stuff"

L: if we're still running around town then, I'll have a protein bar. Otherwise, a chickpea sandwich on Keto bread

AS: protein muffin, light yogurt

D: a bowl of this ramen soup I made last night (it was great - made it with veggies and shrimp), and maybe 1/2 an Asian-inspired fake "burger" on half a slim bun

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 2/10/22 7:34 am
RNY on 10/29/19

My doc's thing is to weigh every morning. Not as a pressure thing, but to take a moment and reflect on your choices yesterday and see the results of those consequences. Worth it, good. Not worth it, make a better choice today. I actually love this mentality and it serves my personality well.

lmfontana4
on 2/10/22 11:02 am
RNY on 03/24/21

This may be a good thing to adopt when I reach my goal weight. I like the philosophy.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Greateight
on 2/10/22 11:14 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Lana, congratulations on the CPAP news yesterday!! That is a huge NSV.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 2/10/22 11:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I weighed myself every day from the day I got home from the hospital until about three months ago, and it worked for me at the time (well, esp while I was in rapid weight loss mode), but since I hit maintenance five years ago, the fluctuations have played with my head a bit. Even moreso the last few months - I think it's just that on top of everything else going on (COVID, parent/in-law issues, etc), those fluctuations were stressing me out. Plus I was a normal BMI for a long time and now within 10 lbs of it (I've put on a few lbs this past year), so if I lose any weight at all (intentionally or not), it's in ounces, not pounds - so it's impossible to tell if it's true weight or just a fluctuation. So I thought I'd just start weighing myself once a week so I'd see trends rather than fluctuations. But again, given that my days of losing five lbs a week - or even two or three - are long gone, you honestly can't tell. Four ounces, or even eight ounces, could be a loss - or gain - or just normal fluctuation. So I don't think this once-a-week thing is working too well, either. Can't see trends - or if I do, it'd be over the course of a month - not over the course of days or a week, like before. So not any good answers here. Again, some people say to punt the scale and just go by how your clothes fit, but like I said before, I'd probably have to gain ten or more lbs to notice that. Sigh. I think I might just go back to every day - or maybe every other day. I don't think this once a week thing is much better - and you're right, if I'm up one day (even if it's jus****er), at least I'm more careful the next.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 2/10/22 10:42 am - Warren, OH

If I remember correctly her panic attacks were because she had quit taking her meds.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active