What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/10/22 1:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello, Thursday. SO glad to see you.

Yesterday was exactly as dramatic as Tuesday. There was a "manifesto" involved, lol. No really. But at least the day was shorter!

QOTD: Do you have any Valentines or Galentines Day plans? It's funny--last year we hadn't left the house in a full year. We hadn't even had haircuts! And we made a HUGE special outing to drive into Boston and pick up food from our favorite place. We didn't even eat there--just got it and brought it home. Such a funny time to even think back on, but we are actually thinking about making it a tradition, and just going there to pick up food again this year :)

Grim made me a burger for dinner since I hadn't planned anything. I didn't have time for lunch (the manifesto dropped at 12pm), so it was high calorie dinner but it worked out okay. Not gonna lie--I also had a Vodka Soda last night, because...manifesto...

Today is all up in the air. 3 of us have back to back meetings from 6:30am - 3:30pm with no break, so they are buying us lunch. Not sure where we will be ordering from. I will start the day with Protein Coffee, & Eggs... and I confirmed that I do have fish in the freezer, so I think I will make fish tacos for dinner (Fish, Salsa, Sour Cream, Cabbage, Shredded Cheese & Hard Taco Shell.).

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/10/22 2:25 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Yikes JB! YIKES! Hoping today is somewhat better for you.

I'm really feeling down. That combined with the pain and being brushed off yet again at the pain clinic...we'll let's just say it isn't pretty. Add to the mix the whole family thing with my uncle.

I've already done the dishes and made 18 muffins to take over to my aunts house. I made pumpkin scones last night too. Decided to get Thai for my birthday tomorrow and I know food will be wild today due to emotions but I hope to keep it somewhat in check.

QOTD: I have zero local friends and no significant other. So no plans here.

Mel

Melody P.
on 2/10/22 5:16 am, edited 2/9/22 9:17 pm - Amarillo, TX

So I just got some cheddar jalapeño scones out of the oven. Hopin my mom will like them...they smell good!

might make some pumpkin bread with the leftover pumpkin.

can you tell how I cope?

Mel

Melody P.
on 2/10/22 12:40 pm - Amarillo, TX

I saw my my uncle this afternoon. It's really really moving so fast.

I'm really sad right now. I may not be around much.

Mel

Emiepie
on 2/10/22 7:01 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Take the time you need. Thinking of you.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 2/10/22 3:26 am, edited 2/9/22 7:26 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

sigh, the only good things that start with "a manifesto" are pinky and the brain episodes. Hope today is calmer.

Yesterday was so productive, I got through my 12 meetings in 10 hours and then just kept working and ticked a lot of things off; did a house project, made enchilada filling and then promptly crashed and was in bed before 8...and then slept until the alarm went off so I guess I needed it!

QOTD - does being excited to wear my red sweater with the heart elbow patches count? it's so pretty but only gets out once a year!

I think I will do a rowing routine for my exercise after work and check another project off the list; otherwise, just a busy Thursday with all our monthly updates being presented.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

PB toast

not sure on lunch, probably a bar of some kind or cheese, pepperoni and nuts (or my adult punchable as my sister calls it)

enchilada fillings

Have a terrific Thursday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 2/10/22 7:32 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I wanna see that sweater and you could wear it all Feb. I have a heart phone cover that I switch to, in mid Jan and keep it till the the end of Feb.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 2/10/22 7:02 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

The sweater wearing totally counts!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 2/10/22 4:53 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Fri-yay Eve,

JB-sounds like you're having enough drama at work for everyone this week.

I'm glad the week is slowly coming to an end. I slacked and have to take a test today. I'm not ready, need to study now but know I'll pull it off. I'm looking forward to the weekend even though I have a decent amount of work to do.

QOTD- I symbolically celebrate Valentine's Day with a close friend. However, this year, our celebration will be delayed til after Valentine's Day due to health issues in her family. We usually have a nice dinner and exchange chocolates / gift cards. I explained I can only have one piece of sugar free chocolate. I hope she respects my wishes cause i would hate to have to give away a gift.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Cilantro Lime Shrimp.

D: Chicken Salad and cape cod kettle chips.

S: Light String Cheese

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

lmfontana4
on 2/10/22 10:50 am
RNY on 03/24/21

If you get more than one piece of sf chocolate determine what a serving is and parcel it out to yourself in small amounts that work within your calories. I do this because it is a treat I can look forward to at the end of the day. I have 1-2 pieces of a sf dark chocolate bar for only 33 or 66 calories depending on the amount I eat/plan for.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)