What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Teenie
on 2/9/22 7:12 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

I got to say Queen JB never a boring day in your life is there. Your job is definitely a rollercoaster ride and never know where the next hill will take you. You are very strong women to be able to handle all those ups and downs.

Ok would I be creepy if I said I want to lick that baby in the meme today? Yes, I know the answer but I can't help it. The Chocolate the cute. What can I say.

Tomorrow at this time I will be landing in Florida. DH is apprehensive due to the fact that his pain levels have elevated extremely in the last couple weeks. I am convincing to have a couple ****tails and hopefully that will help cut the pain. OK nurses, my friends I will be with are all Nurse practitioners and Doctors so I do not see this going bad. I am sure they will intervene if they think it will. However, he NEVER drinks so I doubt he will.

For me they headed to the liquor store and I put in my request for a bottle of Coconut Ciroc so that will be my poison of choice this weekend.

QOTD: I would own a Marijuana Dispensary but if not legal I would have a bakery. Both involve addictive tendencies so I would probably always have customers.

Accountability: I changed up dinner to a salad with a bun less burger but I did very little snacking.

TSS: 4 years 1 month 30 days: 142.4 LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM chocolate caramel creamer

MS: egg wich and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Chocolate Caramel CM creamer

L.2 Egg wich and snack select

D: Delmonico and 1/2 baked potato

Exercise: No in too much pain today After vacation I'll really need to focus on this again. Summer is coming and I would like to be ready to run a few more 5K's and win.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 1x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 2/9/22 7:23 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Bon Voyage!!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 2/9/22 1:02 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy the sun!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 2/9/22 8:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I got up later than usual this morning, sucked down my coffee and a protein muffin (the coffee first!) and headed out the door to water aerobics. I really didn't feel like going - especially since I didn't have my hour or two to settle into the day, but I'm glad I went.

DH finally emailed his mother yesterday to remind her that she'd said she was going to reimburse us for what we lost when we canceled our trip to Italy last fall (she had emergency surgery in late August, and then she started having horrible panic attacks afterward that went on for WEEKS. DH was spending the night at her house every night, running all her errands, taking her to doctor's appts, caring for her cat, etc). We were slated to go on our trip in October, six weeks after her surgery and when she was physically completely recovered, but she told him she was really uncomfortable having him leave the country (the anxiety again...), and that she'd reimburse us for any money we might lose. OK fine. But then he stupidly (in retrospect) told her that it was probably just as well, because they were really short-staffed at work and it was their busiest time of the semester, and he should probably start going into the office to help get them through the rush (he'd been WFH all this time).

so anyway, a month went by. I unexpectedly got a check in the mail for a partial refund (about 25% of the cost, I think). Figured I'd mention it to her as it might jar her memory that she'd said she'd reimburse us for our loss, so I emailed her and said the damages weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, because we'd gotten a check for $x.x, which we were not at all expecting. So then she wrote back and asked how much we ended up losing, after factoring in the refund- so I told her. Figured she'd pay us any day after that. So then we waited around again - and waited around - crickets. Then DH said that maybe she was waiting on her tax refund - because she'd said something about the tax refund (it was due to some mistake her accountant made). So then it got to be January. He finally emailed her and asked her if she ever got the tax refund check, and she said yes. Again, crickets. So then a couple of days ago I suggested he draft an email to gently remind her that she'd said she was going to cover our losses, because maybe she'd just forgotten. He wrote it and rewrote it (and I reviewed his drafts****il it got to the point I thought it was fine - I know she's really tight with money so we knew she'd probably be a bit taken aback, but still, it was about as gentle as we could get it. I didn't think it was offensive in any way.

So she fires off a response about an hour later that she didn't think she should owe him any money because he said he had to cancel the trip because of his job (honestly, even though that was one reason, I think he told her that so she wouldn't feel bad that we had to cancel the trip because of her anxiety - but then it ended up blowing up in his face)

honestly, we don't need the money - but, really? This woman is, frankly, loaded, and she's elderly and not in the best of health to boot. But when you look the word "skinflint" up in the dictionary, her name and picture are there as the definition. And DH is her only child. I mean really - this is her kid she's talking about. And the really weird thing is, she talks all the time about what a cheapskate her mother was, yet her mother paid for DH's graduate school, gave MIL money for a downpayment on a car, covered MIL's costs whenever MIL had to go to Missouri (from NJ) to do things for her, gave DH $10K to go toward the downpayment on our house (so we could plunk down 20% and avoid paying private mortgage insurance), etc. Plus most of that money MIL is sitting on came from her mother in the first place. I'm just - well, floored. I mean, like I said - we have the money and certainly don't need it - but her behavior is just bizarre. Well, we'll just chalk it up to experience and let it go - but it's definitely altered my perception of her a bit. Wow. And I thought my father was bad.. Anyway, enough of that. Sorry to go on and on.

QOTD: I don't think I could handle running my own business, but when I was a kid I loved book stores and office supply stores, so I probably would have wanted to run one of those. And there are times I think I should start selling my handbags on eBay because I have enough of them to outfit a small army.

B: protein muffin, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: either soup or a chickpea sandwich (or maybe both - if so, I'd do half a sandwich)

AS: skyr with cranberry compote, maybe a skinny bagel

D: not sure - I have that 1/2 Impossible Burger on 1/2 a slim bun written down YET AGAIN (and still haven't eaten those), so maybe those. Plus some kind of vegetable.

I'm going to try to stay under 1600 calories most days. My weight just does NOT want to budge, and it's driving me insane!!

anyway, have a good day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 2/9/22 9:58 am - Warren, OH

I had a guy call once because his computer kept getting hung up when he was trying to use TurboTax to do his return. He was running a multi-million dollar company and trying to do the processing on a computer without enough processing power to run the program with his data.

His computer was more than 14 years old. I explained what was going on and he called his secretary over and told her to go to Best Buy and pick up the computer that I said he needed. People with a lot of money are usually very reluctant to actually spend it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 2/9/22 10:20 am, edited 2/9/22 2:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that sounds just like my MIL! You have to wonder what she thinks she's going to do with this money. I can't imagine given her health that she'll be with us more than another five years or so - if she's lucky. She never going to come close to using a lot of that, even if she spends the next five years in a nursing home.

my mother is kind of the same way, although she doesn't have nearly as much as my MIL has. But she has enough that it'll last her the rest of her life, even if she has to go to a nursing home at some point. But she's always saying she's going to cut down on eating and cut down on dental appts to save money. What on earth for? The woman is 87 years old - and she's got my father's pension and his stock portfolio (the latter of which she's never touched because social security and my dad's monthly pension checks cover her expenses). She'll be fine. Her financial guy told her that, too. Sheesh.

Emiepie
on 2/9/22 6:22 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow! I can't believe your MIL is not being very understanding.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 2/9/22 7:12 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

good news! She emailed DH about an hour ago and said although she doesn't think she should be responsible for covering this, she's decided to go ahead and give him the money since he's family. WOW! Color me shocked!

actually, no one is responsible for covering it. I'm sure she sees it as unfair for her to cover it (even though she said she would), but it's really not fair for us, either. It's just one of those unfortunate situations. But I'm glad she came around.

Amy Liz
on 2/9/22 8:33 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I hope your situation at work is safe JB - take care. Yesterday was quite productive at work and personally. On a sad note - we have to take our Corgi, Lucy in and put her down today. She has been going down hill the last few days and isn't eating or drinking now, it's time. She is about 13-14 years old with diabetes and is completely blind. She had a great life. My son is especially devastated.

Today is a busy one I have a meeting in a few minutes, lots of work to do, errands to run, then the vet this afternoon.

QOTD - Now,

Accountability - good

b- eggbeater casserole, turkey sausage

l- chicken bites, salad mix, chipotle aioli, pickles

d- pastrami, pickles, pepperoncini, mustard

I didn't get up this morning to workout again - I'm either genuinely tired or need a cattle prod.

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 2/9/22 8:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm so sorry about your dog. That's always so very difficult, regardless of the cir****tances. Every time we go through that, I think that i never want to get another pet again, because I can't go through that again (but then, of course...we do...). Anyway, I am so sorry.

Most Active