What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/9/22 12:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Well this has been an awfully long week already! Thank god it's hump day!

Yesterday, I was all stressed about my misunderstanding... Well, no one cared at all, and in fact the other members of the leadership team liked my "wrong" version better and want to keep it, lol. So within an hour of coming to work that situation was completely diffused. But, it was a very hard day nonetheless. I can't get into any details of course, but I had an upsetting day that involved having to call the police for support. Plus, I forgot about a board meeting last night, so the day was 14 hours. Please keep your fingers crossed for a lot less drama today!

QOTD: If you could open a store-front, what would you like to sell? When I was a kid I dreamed of opening up a sticker store! There was a store up in Maine in our summer vacation spot that was mostly a toy store, but they had a huuuge counter area with all kinds of stickers. Oily stickers, puffy stickers, smelly stickers, etc. I could go in $3 and come out with a haul.

Food was on point again yesterday--in fact less than I planned, because I never had dinner--just a handful of tortilla chips when I walked in the house before I collapsed. But I don't think I even got 100 steps yesterday, either. I was closed up in my office all day with no breaks and since I had a police situation, I didn't really want to walk around campus or even to my car. In fact, I think I will not be able to do that for awhile, so I will just have to walk the halls indoors for a bit :(

Dinner is TBD -- I think I can scrape together the ingredients for either steak or fish tacos but I am too lazy to get up and confirm right now!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/9/22 2:19 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin everyone. So sorry about your day yesterday JB! That sounds so stressful and I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that today will at least be a little bit less stressful.

Yesterday sucked big time for me yesterday. If you didn't see my update yesterday the doctors said my Uncle's melanoma metastasized to pretty much everywhere and they gave him 2-3 week. This is just so devastating to all of us. My mom has known him longer than one brother and just shy of her other brother. Her biological brothers have passed but as she told me and my aunt...my uncle George has been more of a brother to her than her own brothers. So needless to say she is devastated too. I don't really hate very much but I hate and despise cancer and right now the VA. They knew about the melanoma but decided to wait and watch it. Well it spread to his brain first...the melanoma was on his temple area. I am so angry.

Not sure what today'll hold. Hopefully my food will be better. It wasn't hideous yesterday but could've been way better.

QOTD: jump rings and beads. I almost have enough to open it...LOL

B: JUST egg cup and coffee x2

L: PP shake

D: Protein shake or a taco salad

S: cheese and ???

Mel

White Dove
on 2/9/22 4:12 am - Warren, OH

Melody, I am so sorry for you and your family. I remember when the doctors told me that my husband's cancer had metastasized and there was nothing else that could be done. It was such a shock. During the eight years after his first diagnosis, I believed that he could finally beat it. It was eight years of doctors, hospitals, surgeries, chemo, and new treatments.

We never gave up hope and most of those years he felt good and lived a normal life between treatments. I try to live every day as though it may be my last day and to do everything I can to make life better for myself and for those I know and love.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 2/9/22 5:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! It's a hard pill to swallow sometimes. Cancer is insidious and doesn't give a hoot who it hits. Just so awful...we knew something like this was going to happen but the 2-3 weeks was the hardest pill to swallow. It proves no one's time is guaranteed.

I was my grandparents caretaker and my grandpa died of leukemia and my grandma of colon cancer...it just robs people of so much. I am so glad that you were able to be there for your husband. It's the hardest and usually most rewarding "job" you can have or do for someone. As hard as it was to take I would do it again in a heart beat.

Mel

White Dove
on 2/9/22 8:44 am - Warren, OH

Joe died 13 days after the doctors said that there was nothing else that could be done. They gave him morphine, so he was not in pain.

lmfontana4
on 2/9/22 11:13 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I think that there is a psychological aspect to dying. In the hospital I have seen people hang on longer than I thought was possible but then die after the family arrives. It was like they were trying to stay alive until the family arrived for the final goodbye.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Sheila_H
on 2/9/22 5:32 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

So very sorry for your uncle.
I hope he is comfortable and pain free.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 2/9/22 5:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you very much!

Mel

Emiepie
on 2/9/22 9:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 2/9/22 4:01 am - Warren, OH

I wanted to have a beauty shop and help women to look and feel beautiful. My parents were so disappointed when I went to beauty school. They wanted me to be a teacher or a nurse. I followed my own dreams and had the shop that I dreamed about. It was attached to my home and I was able to spend a lot more time with my son than if I had been a nurse or teacher. I was working from home in the 1970's.

When Kevin was in high school, I went back to college and earned a computer science degree. I then went to work for General Motors. I was one of the very first people to do my computer work from home. After I set up my home office, my husband said that his brother kept asking if we needed any money. My husband was puzzled, but finally asked his brother why he thought we needed money. His brother said, "i see Mary's car parked in the driveway all day. I know that she lost her job and you both must be hurting for money".

The idea that I could be at home all day and still earning my salary was something that many people did not believe was possible back then.

I believe that dreams are meant to be followed. Anything I have ever accomplished has started as a dream. That of course includes my dream of losing weight and keeping it off. Surgery was my vehicle for making that dream come true.