What's on your Tuesday Menu?

White Dove
on 2/8/22 2:34 am - Warren, OH

A few weeks ago, I got a notice that a credit card had charged me a late fee. I pay everything electronically and thought that it must be a mistake. It turned out that I set up a recurring payment and it started in February when I had intended it to start in January. I was so mad at myself, then realized that it really does not matter in the long run. I am the only person *****ally cares. That is one of the sad advantages of being totally on my own. There is no husband or parent to be upset by my mistake and really nobody to even bring it up to.

Making mistakes is just proof that we are human. It is tough when something happens that affects a lot of people and we do want to go and hide. When I was a disaster recovery planner we went through scenarios where we determined what the consequences of an action or event would be. First question was is there any danger that someone will die because of this action? If the answer was No, then it might not be a devastating as it felt.

My criteria for how bad my mistake was is: Will anyone die? Will I have to go to jail? Will i lose my job? Will I have to take out a second mortgage to cover the cost? If those answers are No, then I just decide that I am human and don't stress over it. People will forget about it quite quickly. They will have other things to think about. You do not have to retire and bake cookies. Just forgive yourself, apologize to whoever needs to hear an apology, and consider it a learning experience.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 2/8/22 10:24 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Such a great strategy and thought process.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/8/22 3:10 am
RNY on 02/14/18

QJB, what you're saying is you misunderstood something your first week; now you've clarified what you misunderstood and that clarification is going to make a lot of people happy. I'd say chalk it up to "things happen", make sure you know how to ensure it doesn't happen again and move on. People that don't make mistakes don't get very much that matters accomplished....and my first leader told me "you can always fix a mistake, you can't fix not making a decision". Don't beat yourself up, just acknowledge it, fix anything that needs to be fixed and move on. Being embarrassed or ashamed are not helpful emotions for anything that doesn't do lasting damage to someone else.

QOTD - in 1922 they were at least past the Spanish Flu so there's that but I'd go with neither; as bad as things are now, they were not better for many groups in the 1920s and in 100 years we'll probably be experiencing catastrophic climate change issues daily vs the weekly to monthly cycle we're in now.

I will say when I read the QOTD my mind immediately went to "100 years ago, early 1900s", whoops, time is passing! Still traumatized by the "turn of the century" book setting that was actually 2000 not 1900.

Today is a crazy busy day, meetings straight through from 6 until 4 except I did schedule in a lunch and I'm doing a virtual lecture at the V&A museum in London....I cannot remember what the topic so I'm quite excited to be surprised!

I have the final Snowdonia elliptical trek this morning and a new popcorn book in one of my favorite mind candy series (Orphan X) for after work so should be a busy but good day.

Menu is

coffee plus half and half X3

PB toast

yogurt

dinner tbd

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 2/8/22 6:12 am - Warren, OH

If a person never makes a mistake, they need to read the obits to make sure that they are listed there and did not realize that they are dead.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 2/8/22 5:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- give yourself some grace. I'm sure it'll all work out and be a distant memory soon.

QOTD: I can't decide. Very interesting to ponder though.

TSS: 7 years 5 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Turkey stick, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Pork loin, cauliflower with cheese, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1425 Protein:114 Carbs:147 Fat:47

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Want2beMe
on 2/8/22 6:24 am
VSG on 08/17/20

At the car shop, my car is making such a strange clanking noise. Hope it's cheap, cross my fingers it's cheap!!!

QOTD: to hard to answer because I have no idea what the future holds. But if I had to pick I would go future just out of curiosity.

No menu plans today, going to wing it.

Lunch: turkey and Swiss with beans

Supper: shrimp and rice with broccoli

Want2beMe
on 2/8/22 7:34 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Yes the car had a minor problem and was FREE to have fixed!!!!!!!

Greateight
on 2/8/22 6:39 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Today is a more normal paced day after being quite busy yesterday.

The Super Bowl themed ****tail party idea seems to be taking off with our group, we are going to have Blue Hawaian's, Saphire martinis, Orange Creamsicles' etc. in team colors. Looking forward to it should be a fun way to knock off another week of February.

I haven't started the 12 part nutrition course that I ordered from Crossfit.com. Hopefully, I can begin it this week.

QOTD: I would say the future. i already know what happened in the past.

Breakfast: sausage and cottage cheese

Lunch: Turkey sandwich

Dinner: Hello Fresh

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 2/8/22 6:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I ended up blowing it foodwise yesterday. It started when the leader of our book discussion group brought a plate of lemon loaf slices to the meeting (she's an obsessive baker and warned us from the first meeting that she'd be bringing baked goods to every meeting. When someone said it wasn't necessary, she said yes, it was. She explained she's got this compulsion about baking things and giving them away. Cripes!!). The problem is, sometimes when I get off track early in the day, I can't get back on. Yesterday was one of those days. I ended up eating 2100 calories by the end of the day. Even an hour of cardio isn't going to help with that! (well, it helps - but not THAT much!). So today will be a better day...I don't want to get back on that train again!

I'm going to my usual Zumba class at 9:45, and then my strength-training class at 11:30. I haven't been to the strength-training class in about a month because of the virus surge, but it's dying down now, and this class has all older people any way, and our community is heavily vaxxed and we still have a mask mandate, so I think it'll be OK (plus it's easy to spread out in that class). I've been doing my resistance bands at home since then, but I think it's good to rotate so I don't get burned out. She does other things in that class like working with balls and hand weights that I haven't been doing at home. This afternoon is our weekly online Mah Jongg game. So...that's my day so far.

QOTD: that's a hard question. I hate the political times we're in now - it's a constant source of frustration and dread for me. Sometimes I wish we were back in the 60s and 70s when people were kinder to one another and the political tone of the country wasn't as insane as it is now - but then, we're in a better place now with things like racism and sexism than we were back then - and there have been a lot of medical advances since then. I love, love studying early 20th century history - but with the state of medicine back then - no. Too many people dying of things that few people die of anymore. As for the future, I agree with the climate change comment. There are days I'm glad I'm in my 60s and won't be around when it gets really bad.

B: plain skyr with apple compote, coffee with half & half

MS: may just drink a Fairlife protein shake (instead of one of my fancy concoctions) between the two fitness classes

L: maybe the last piece (I think...) of cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry sauce

AS: light yogurt and a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: not sure - maybe 1/2 an Impossible Burger on half a slim bun with some kind of vegetable

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

GracielaSusana
on 2/8/22 7:36 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD The future for sure. I would love to see where technology would be then. My grandmother described her life in stories she told me. No thanks, some things were extremely hard then.

Cloudy and dreary today. A cool front is coming thru, so the sunshine will be back tomorrow. Today I will take my huge pile of too big clothes to donations. Friends have already picked thru them. Then to the shoe store to return some sandals that are not going to work. I hope they have some new stock in, so I can exchange for something I will wear.

Menu. Protein shake, scrambled eggs and salsa, Tuna salad.

Most Active