What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 2/6/22 12:44 am - Amarillo, TX

Double whammy of memes...they fit for me lol

Good mornin everyone. I'm up way to damn early...yuck. It hurt to much to stay in bed and now it's hurting to sit.

My brother and his family are coming over today for my birthday thing. It's actually on the 11th but my SIL works next weekend. I'm hoping for a gift card or some cash to buy some jump rings for a project I want to do. Otherwise it'll have to wait a few months. Of which isn't a big deal since it's just for me. After I pay half of the phone bill I'll have less that 60 dollars for the rest of the month...LOL. It was time to resupply a lot of things and I paid my mom back some too for the bed. I was able to buy a few PP cases, including a cake batter one...so good! With my issues with a lot of meat I need to supplement with additional protein.

We're having taco Tuesday on a Sunday. The kids like it and it's easy to make taco meat for them. I'm going to make some with tomato paste and onions for me and just plain hamburger taco meat for them. I'm thinking of setting out the skirt steak to make fajitas. I'm going to try making a Keto cake from what I remember is a Duncan Hines mix. It's gluten free and I have egg replacer for it. It may be nasty but who knows. Then we got a box of v-day cookies for everyone.

I've got to clean today before they come over. My BS was much better yesterday and this morning. I needed to clean regardless. Hoping to get some chainmaille time in.

QOTD: what's your least favorite commitment, task or chore?

I hate mowing, toilet cleaning and dishes sine we don't have a dishwasher other than me! lol. My mom has psoriasis issue on her hands that dish soap makes worse.

B: JUST egg cup and coffee

L: taco stuff

D: taco left overs or fajitas

S: PP shake, cheese whisps, and ???

older piece but still one of my favorite captures!

Mel

Amy Liz
on 2/6/22 7:04 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ That pendant is beautiful Melody! I hope you enjoy your birthday celebration today - HBD

Today is super chill. We are taking the dogs on an easy hike today, the kiddo is coming over - we are watching Encanto and Boba Fett. No sports on today, what will the hubs do?? Oh - he is smoking a tri tip, should be great. It's back to work tomorrow and I have to prep and plan for the week - all good stuff. This week was so restful but I'm ready to get back into life.

QOTD - I HATE putting away the the dishes and moping the floors - these are Rob's jobs. I'll do just about anything else with a smile even but I really want a house cleaner.

Have a great day ya'll

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Lisa91941
on 2/6/22 8:06 am
RNY on 10/29/19

A tri tip throw down! We are doing a salted tri tip on the grill.

Jack Reacher. Ok -- he's a good looking dude and he's in great shape. But when he smiles, dang. Watched 4 episodes last night. A little bit like my Seal Team fix. I just like the whole over the top adventure thing. Jim is thinking I am in it for Reacher's abs, and he isn't all wrong, but I'm in it for content too, ya know?

Amy Liz
on 2/6/22 9:39 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Just Reacher, lol. He is a hottie! I like this sort of show anyway, but the view is so nice

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 2/6/22 7:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we're meeting my MIL - and maybe my mother - for coffee in an hour. And I'm hoping to go to Aqua Zumba at 3:30. My sister usually takes my mother grocery shopping on Sunday afternoons, but her husband's car was totaled last night while parked in their driveway - it was some man in his 80's - did not appear to be under the influence - so they're not sure if he had some medical emergency like a stroke - or dementia - or if he might have been on his cell phone and not paying attention (??). At any rate, she and her husband are really upset and are dealing with lining up a rental car, etc, so she wants me to take my mom to the store - which of course I will. But I'm hoping Mom can hold off for a day or two - but if she can't, she can't...

QOTD: I think I just hate cleaning in general. Luckily I'm married to a neatnik so he does most of it.

B: plain skyr with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: I'll probably get a blended latte at the coffee place - with 2% milk and SF syrup

L: chickpea/miso sandwich (on Keto bread)

AS: slice of malt loaf & a L&F yogurt (?)

D: butternut squash soup and ?? (something with protein)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 2/6/22 8:17 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Yesterday was very successful and now we have all new fluffy towels and fresh bath mats. Also scored a pair of travel pants on sale at Athleta yesterday and they were able to order me a different color also on sale. Trying to slowly organize for 3 weeks in Europe. Thank goodness we are going with a casual travel group and I don't have to think about fancy dress up evenings. Just covered shoulders and knees, which for me is easy because I don't flash these thighs at anyone. I also got about 4 hours of work done to prep for this upcoming week, and cleaned out the fridge.

Today, there will be actual grocery shopping and hopefully lots of reading. I am trying to finish The Orchardist, but it's slow going, so I decided to start a second book today. It's a murder mystery and I hope it draws me in. One by One.

QoTD: At this point in my life, I am not responsible for much in the way of cleaning. My husband does much of it with me just running behind him wiping window sills and light switches and such he never quite seems to see the dust on. I hate vacuuming. I can and will do everything else. But I love not having to. That will change come April. But I am still not vacuuming.

food: Accountability. We ended up at PF Changs for lunch yesterday and it was so good. But I think lots of sodium. I had a higher than average calorie breakfast with the quiche from TJ's and extra bacon on top, but not too bad. I did have about 5 oz of wine last night. And probably will tonight. Then this bottle is done and I'll try to not open a new one until next weekend. Try. Not promise. I just love a glass of wine when I am cooking dinner.

B: JT eggwich

L: tbd

D: Salted tri tip, TJ elote corn and maybe a couple bites of a baked potato that I will cook up for a carb for the hubs.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Want2beMe
on 2/6/22 5:42 pm
VSG on 08/17/20

Happy Birthday!!!

I went to bed so early yesterday and spent most of the day sleeping. Guess I was tired from going out of town.

QOTD: I love cleaning, it gives me a sense of cleanliness. The one chore I least like doing is taking out the garbage because of the changes in weather/temperature. I usually make up a chore list to do each day just so my apartment stays clean.

B: eggs

L: cereal

S: burger

I think it's going to be another early bedtime.