What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 2/5/22 12:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin to all. Hope the weekend is off to a good start and that you're well...or at least on the mend to those that have not been feeling well.

I'm having an issue with my blood sugars. Yesterday it hit 300 and stayed that way for a few more hours. Kind of out of surprise. I had a small serving of veggie lasagna...maybe half a whole GF lasagna noodle about 2 hours before. So I need to cut down on my carbs. It's clear I can't do ANY noodles or simple carbs...at all. I just need to put on my big girl pants and do what I need to do. I honestly need to start caring. My PCP says my BS is perfect with an A1c of 6.8. NO ITS NOT! I wish he'd be more receptive to helping me get it down. If I have to take a med for a bit I'm willing to get it. We're going to go for a walk later today. My mom is going to drive us up to the park. It's hard for me to walk on our street. There is no sidewalks and the street is not flat by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm really exhausted. The pain has been really bad again. My depression is just not in a good place. I am just thankful that I have some of my grandpa in me. I'm to stubborn to quit. I am also thankful for the example my father gave me in what not to do. I'll never do what he did to his family.

QOTD: If you could have an extra room added to your house or apartment what would you do with it?

For me it would be without a doubt be a copy of QJB's craft room! The storage and the drawers! Ohhhh would I be in near heaven! LOL

Food is not planned per say. I am trying to stick to soft food after breakfast. I have one serving of JUST egg left and the. I'll have a few days of soft foods. Yogurt, protein shakes and I need to get some broth to sip on...maybe I'll make some soup...I dunno.

B: JUST egg cup, coffee and maybe a small no sugar added applesauce

L: PP shake

D: Atkins shake

S: yogurt w/thawed frozen banana and hopefully some kind of broth...I'm thinking of making my own...we'll see.

This is a new to me weave. It's called iguanascale. I really love it! The bronze one is too tight to work or wear but I will be trying again as I really want a bracelet out of it. The silver and black one was my first attempt at it. It was a nice change of pace after I ruined 3 crystals trying to make something of my own design! I rage quit on that until I'll try one more time when I get the new crystals Monday.

Mel

catwoman7
on 2/5/22 6:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

UGH - that meme - if I saw someone like that in a food store, I'd turn around and walk out. That get-up should be covered under the store's "No Shirt No Shoes No Service" policy!

nothing on the agenda today other than a virtual Zumba class at 9:00 (they're doing it in-person at the gym as well, but the guy who often subs is doing it today, and I'm not crazy about his routines. If I do it virtually, I can just march in place or do something else when he's doing something I don't like).

DH and his mom are doing a few things today - I could go with them if I want, but I'm not sure I want to. Especially since it's going to involve a restaurant lunch. I think I'm better off just staying here. If I get a snack attack this afternoon, I can head over to the library or something. We never got any of that storm, so the roads here are fine for driving.

QOTD: we have plenty of room in this house for the two of us, so we don't need any more space, but I would love extra cabinets in the kitchen. I cook a lot - and make dishes from a variety of cuisines, so I have lots of jars and boxes of stuff, some of which I don't use very often. There's no room to install any more cabinets in the kitchen - so maybe they could put a pantry in the basement - like maybe under the stairs?

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: chickpea/miso sandwich (on Keto bread)

AS: plain skyr with cranberry/cherry compote, slice of protein malt loaf

D: not sure - I'm thinking 1/2 an Impossible Burger on 1/2 a slim bun and some kind of vegetable

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 2/5/22 7:30 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Laughed out loud at the meme. I did really well on food all day yesterday, and made myself eat more on my regular schedule. I did have ****tail hour last night for sure, that might have stretched to two hours. But I did not get out of control.

We have a big day of chores ahead of us. We need to go to several stores and then I'd like to switch out the living room and the family room furniture. I'm looking for a new couch, and I am trying to decide what feels balanced in the living room. Weirdly, balance is super important to me with furniture. Also new towels and bath rugs. These gotta go. We have a great friend coming over next week and she works at a pet emergency room, so she'll take all my current stuff to help make creatures more comfy in their crates. So today is a good day to make that happen. And groceries. Always groceries. I've done a great job of pantry pulling this week, so at least I don't feel like I am being wasteful.

QoTD: A sunny, comfy reading room with big overstuffed chairs to curl up into that are positioned so the sun coming in would be on my book, and not on my face as things are now. Lots of coverlets for warmth and tables to hold coffee and wine.

Menu:

B: currently making a TJ quiche that I am going to sprinkle cooked bacon and cheddar cheese on top. The hubs will get 3/4's and I will take 1/4.

L: out to lunch today, so not sure.

D: also TBD. Let's see what calls to me at the grocery store.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Want2beMe
on 2/5/22 7:51 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Morning. I got plenty of sleep but I feel like hibernating. I have to wake up, I leave to go out of town in an hour, yay. Don't have a menu planned, but I will give it a go.

B: skip

S1: yogurt

L: salad

S2: skip

S: ham, broccoli

QOTD: I live in a tiny apartment, so I would use the extra space for storage and a place to dance.

Amy Liz
on 2/5/22 7:52 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I have awoke resembling that meme on more than one occasion, lol. I hope you feel better Melody - you got this!

I received my second results for covid - negative, but they did not have the results of the other 20 respiratory/viruses they tested me for until Monday. Not sure I am clear to work on Monday yet, but my symptoms are better - even my breathing is easier today.

Taking it easy today - walking the dogs at the park, some cleaning and laundry - easy around the house stuff I have been neglecting all week.

Food is ? I'm winging it, but not bad at all. I'm hoping to be back on track and planning ahead again in MFP tomorrow and going forward.

QOTD - My room would be a magnificent closet/dressing room - one of those Hollywood type with the lights, drawers, shoe racks, mirrors and shelves for my bags with a chaise lounge for when I feel I need to lay down and rest from the beauty of it all!

I hope you all have a nice weekend!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Julia S.
on 2/5/22 8:45 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- At this point my extra room would be either a garage or shop or both. I would love to rip up the carpet in here and replace it with vinyl plank flooring, but no tools and no where to do it. I really miss my tools and garage.

In a couple of hours I go to my class at the Humane Society, I'll give an update tomorrow. I'm excited!

I've been having a really tough time working the last couple of days, I just can't seem to focus and make myself sit in front of this computer and work all day. I put some of it off to today, so I'll try to get a couple of projects out and call it good.

I need to do a grocery run, and recycling and gas but I'll see what I can do. Since the Humane Society is on the way to Kahului I'll try to get the gas a groceries after my class.

I did some more whale watching yesterday, I saw quite a few but they weren't as active as the day before. Loving the binoculars but wishing for a tripod or something to help my arms from getting tired.

Mel you are so talented, I don't think I'd ever have the patience for what you do. I wish you had something for the pain that would actually help. My NP put me on Metformin but I'm not a diabetic, it's supposed to help you lose weight. Not that I've really noticed the difference. As soon as I run out I'm not going to keep taking it.

Have a great day everyone! Stay warm and safe!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 2/5/22 4:01 pm - Warren, OH

An all window and screen Florida room with an endless pool exercise spa. One of my dreams that I may actually do someday.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends