What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 2/4/22 5:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

My inner teenage girl will NEVER not find that romantic.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 2/4/22 7:05 am
RNY on 11/21/16

No judgement what-so-ever! Love it!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Mkess
on 2/4/22 5:29 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Friday!

JB- The strawberries are too cute and the wiener dogs look delicious. I love the look of the cookie dachshunds as well.

I'm hoping to get my car back today from a Dec 11 accident when I got rear ended. It will be nice not to worry about that situation anymore. My rental car still hasn't been dug out from the snow so that's on the agenda as well. I haven't been outside since Tuesday and am going a little stir crazy.

QOTD: Groundhog Day since it's that time of year. Locally, the city of Woodstock, where the movie was filmed, hosts festivities every year. Also, Bill Murray was bitten twice while filming if the local news is to be believed.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Greenridge Naturals Honey Turkey.

D: 2x Chicken Skewers.

S: Turkey Sausage Stick.

Have a great weekend everyone!

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

catwoman7
on 2/4/22 6:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Love, love, love the cookies - you are so talented! They look beautiful!

nothing on tap for today. DH is heading into his office - first time since before Christmas. They'll be working in the office 1-2 days a week this semester, same as last semester - and it looks like this is going to be permanent. They're moving into smaller quarters this spring, and a position was recently posted as "hybrid". DH is ecstatic. He loves hybrid. He loves WFH, but at the same time, doing it every day gets to be a bit much - he needs a change of scenery once in awhile - so hybrid is perfect!

I thought about going to water aerobics this morning but am still in my pajamas, so it's not happening. I'll probably do a youtube video or maybe go to the gym later and ride the seated elliptical. It's "vaccinated only" day (MWF), and if I go between about 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, there aren't many people there and they're almost all seniors - and of course everyone is masked - so I feel pretty safe.

QOTD: I'm not a rom-com person, but I watched "Minari" two days ago for one of my film discussion groups. It was fantastic. It was about a Korean family that moves to rural Arkansas. It was up for six Academy Awards when it came out in 2020, but only got one (best supporting actress). Should have won more than that, in my opinion - but it might not have been up everyone's alley. I loved it - it was both funny and sad - and highly engaging - and the characters were fabulous. Highly recommended.

B: plain skyr with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: probably a piece of cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote, since I made it (the pie) two or three days ago and have only had one piece so far - not as good as it "ages"...

AS: L&F yogurt and maybe a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: cup of Thai-style butternut squash soup and half a chickpea/miso sandwich (on Keto bread)

have a great day, everyone!

this is me from about a year ago with one of our cats, Minik. Came up as a Facebook memory the other day. He's our naughty guy - knocks things off tables and shelves, chews on things like mail and curtains, and antagonizes the other cats, but he has times when he's a real love muffin, too. This was one of those times..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Theduffman27
on 2/4/22 6:36 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning QJB and menu folks. You have so many talents JB, love the cookies, they look too nice to eat!

I am doing well, we were hit with the latest storm ( last week did not make it far enough inland and missed us) work up to 8-10 this morning, had the driveway cleaned up by 6:30 am, Joddie has a 25 mile commute, she said the roads were not horrible. I am leaving work at noon to bring my youngest son to Burlington VT for a Teaching Exam, I would rather he only have to stress about the test, taking away his worried of driving.

Doing great with eating, exercise and weight loss. In a really good place right now. I am down 6.6 lbs sine January 1st. 215.4 lbs this morning, 10.4 lbs to goal of 205.

QOTD - Along Came Polly - a romantic comedy...

B - Ratio - Keto yogurt, raspberries

S - ham rollup

L- Protein Pack, salami rounds, hard boiled egg and string cheese

as- cukes and ranch

D - Quest Pizza ( 6 net carbs, has anyone tried this? we love them) and wings

E - Beachbodt Muscle Burns fat workout

Stay Healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Teenie
on 2/4/22 8:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Glad to see your weight loss success. Just incourages me that when I put my mind to it I will be able to get back to where I want to be. Just not motivated right now. I was doing good till Sunday when I screwed up the arm. Maybe my Florida trip will propell me back to wanting to be active. As long as my arm heals. Oh enough about me. Keep up the good work and be proud. Your doing great and I am jealous.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

lmfontana4
on 2/4/22 9:03 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Great job on the weightloss!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Lisa91941
on 2/4/22 6:39 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Getting this done before I face the onslaught of my email. Man this week has been tough. I am getting to old for this level of stress everyday. No wonder my gastritis is killing me. I ate very little yesterday, all good choices. No wine. I finally got a thought that's been percolating in the back of my mind to come to a full thought. Why is it, if I don't get to food until I am STARVING, I can only eat a few bites. But if I am not dying of hunger, I eat more. Yesterday, all day, I was off schedule due to work, and by the time I got to my meals, I was ravenous. For all three meals. When I started eating, I knew at each meal, after the first two bites, that I was not going to be able to eat very much. I get a very distinctive sensation sometimes with my first bite or two, and I know I better make the next two count, because nothing else is going in. Just weird.

QoTD: I love mindless Rom-Com's. Anything that distracts the hamster wheel that is my brain. Just finished watching the series This Love. Sweet, silly, over the top. Exactly what my brain needs after a day at work.

Picture of the day is my front porch with a little help from Melody!

Peace everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 2/4/22 8:07 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You may not be chewing as much as you do when your not as hungry and it is plugging up the pathway. That happens to me and when I thing about it that is usually the case.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 2/4/22 9:20 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Love the hearts!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active