What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/1/22 1:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello my friends! We are heading back into work today, but at least our Supt. announced that we will have a dress down week so I can wear jeans and Uggs :) My day at home was pretty successful. I dug into a project that needed my undivided attention and it took all day. I still didn't finish, but I was thrilled to have had the time to put in. I hope I can finish tomorrow!

QOTD: Do you play Wordle or any other daily games? I am a total Wordle Geek! It's a perfect game--so simple but so good. I am thrilled that The NY Times is adding it to it's games library. I also try to do at least a good portion of the NY Time Crossword every day, and I like the other NY Times games, like Tiles & Spelling Bee.

Hmm, well, I ate exactly what was on my menu yesterday from home, but I also ate a bunch of other stuff! I had forgotten how hard it is to work from home with fridge access. I was not "hungry" but I was bored/unsatisfied and kept walking over to find something else.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/1/22 1:59 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

For those that might not of seen my update yesterday about my uncle George. He isn't doing well and his doctor believe his liver if I'm failure. He has a PET scan Friday that should reveal to what extent and also the cause. He had melanoma removed mid year 2021 so they think it's either that or the medication he was on for RA. Lots of unknown so prayers and good energy sent his and my aunts way would be appreciated. Thanks.

Today's going to be a busy one. Gotta get groceries and do some other errands. I've been up since since a little after midnight...yuck. I have done the dishes and put up the lasagna I made yesterday. It turned out pretty good.

I went through 2 bins of older stuff and one of newer stuff...mainly supplies...beads, crystals and jump rings. Attached at the bottom is just the finished piece I found thrown in there. No one in my family wears this stuff but me, lol

I'm going to try and cut down on my hydrocodone. It's not helping a great deal and I just don't think it's worth the side effects. I metabolize the pain meds so fast. I see the pain management clinic on the 8th. We'll see what happens.

QOTD: nope...my brain is barely able to complete simple math sometimes. The brain fog is bad.

B: JUST egg cup, 1/2 a banana and coffee x2

L: GF veggie lasagna

D: PP shake & cheese stick

S: yogurt with blueberries and ???

Mel

White Dove
on 2/1/22 5:41 am - Warren, OH

Prayers for you uncle, it is a lot for him and your family to be going through. The picture is really great. I put the beautiful dreamcatcher that you made me on the mirror in my bedroom where it can bring me good dreams each night.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 2/1/22 6:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

It makes me happy to know you display the dreamcatcher!

Mel

White Dove
on 2/1/22 1:49 pm - Warren, OH

I love it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 2/1/22 12:08 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 2/2/22 12:39 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 2/1/22 3:57 am, edited 1/31/22 8:03 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday!

Yesterday's start to our virtual work conference was good, ended with a virtual "mentalist" which was surprisingly entertaining. Tonight's evening entertainment is virtually making bobbleheads, I'm telling myself it will be fun. Maybe they will have Mandalorian or something. Other than that, just a long day and an elliptical session in my future. Snow supposed to start late this afternoon and into tomorrow with temps to 0 or lower but I don't have any place to go and probably won't shovel until morning.

Edited to add QOTD - I play Best Fiends but that's the only one.

Menu today

coffee plus half and half X3, plus a lot of hot tea

yogurt and the other half of yesterday's danish

ham and cheese roll ups

either cheese and Olives or a sausage link

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Theduffman27
on 2/1/22 4:48 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning QJB and Menu folks, JB I hope you guys weathered the storm with no issues? ( Sorry have not had a chance to look back) I have friends that moved to the Cape last year and were without power for 20 hours.

I had a great January, lost 6 lbs and 7 1/4 inches. Joddie and I have been doing Beachbody Muscle burns fat videos and we like it. I just put down 12 x 16 rubber matting in our basement, now we have a much better place to work out. My goal is to lose 5 lbs this month.

QOTD - no games

B - Keto Yogurt

S - ham rollup

L - Taco salad, no chips

S - cukes and ranch

D - rib eye steak tips, brussel sprouts

E - Core Night

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Sheila_H
on 2/1/22 7:17 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Great job. Consistency pays off.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142