What's on your Monday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 1/31/22 7:18 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

QJB - hope your extra day off is toasty and comfortable. Snow and rain is always cozy as long as you are inside.

My Encanto weekend got cancelled. The host and hostess had dinner on Fri with somebody who tested positive on Sat, and out of the abundance of caution decided to cancel the festivities. So I watched Encanto for the 5th time, by myself, while munching on low carb muffins. BTW, I think it was Hilary who mentioned low carb muffins last week and I waited all week to make them. I don't know if I did something wrong (almond flour and flax seed grounds) but the muffins weren't good. Let's say when I eat a muffin I want to feel the comfort of it, while this one was just a healthy blah muffin. No more low carb muffins for me.

One more gripe and I'm done - I have been low carb (I mean around 20-25 total) per day and cals around 1000-1200, but usually around 1000. Well guess what? I lost 4 oz last week. Yup 4 miserable OUNCES!! And the week before? 6 oz. In two weeks not even a lb even though I've been militant about my food Mon-Fri. I usually weigh on Sat mornings. So change of plans. I'm going back to IF and hoping I can lose a little faster.

QOTD: flying under the radar. Not worrying about attracting attention due to my weight. Choosing whatever I want at the restaurant and not worrying about what people think of my eating habits. In short, as you said QJB, no more waste of head space.

My meals yesterday:

• B: coffee + blah muffin
  • L: skipped
  • S: blah muffins
  • D: lentil soup
  • E: rest day

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 1/31/22 8:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I don't know how tall you are, but if you're within ten lbs or so of a normal BMI, that would explain the agonizingly slow weight loss. I remember so clearly sitting at Weigh****chers meetings back before surgery overhearing these conversations between barely overweight women *****ing and moaning about how hard it was to lose ten lbs. I would (mentally) roll my eyes at them - yea, right - try losing 100+ pounds. But now I totally get it!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Sheila_H
on 1/31/22 10:15 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I'm 5'5". Yeah, I get it. I used to roll my eyes at only 10 lbs too. But it's so f'ing hard. Well, no other choice than plugging along.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Mkess
on 1/31/22 8:22 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all!

QJB- So totally not jealous of the snow. Where did all the snow on the roofs go? You spoke of drifts so I'm assuming the wind took care of them.

I had a good weekend and relaxed yesterday with some great football. Saturday, I watched Vertigo and did my assignments which took six hours. I thought the cinema class would be a blowoff class but it's definitely not.

QOTD: My food mindset has definitely changed the most since surgery. I can objectively question, "should I be eating this or eating now?" It's really helped me not snack. However, I did find myself noshing over the weekend. I had some skinny pop popcorn.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Chicken salad.

D: Leftover Moo shu chicken. I am giving myself one more day of leftovers and it's going in the garbage.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

catwoman7
on 1/31/22 8:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've taken three or four film classes here at UW (the last one was an audit - the earlier ones were for credit). I felt the same thing at first - that they would be blow-off classes. Nope - they definitely were not! I learned a lot, though. Vertigo is a great film, btw!

Mkess
on 1/31/22 11:56 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Yeah, I also thought Vertigo was a great film. I'm a big fan of Hitch****'s work that I've seen in the past. However, the information I've read about him around his actresses was alarming. I welcome the challenge of having a class that makes me work hard. I feel that I get the most out of life by being challenged, normally.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

catwoman7
on 1/31/22 12:09 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

yes - he was very domineering and treated some of his actresses horribly.

we watched "Psycho" in one of my film classes. I saw "Vertigo" on my own. I really liked "Rebecca", too - well, of those 1950's-60's horror films, actually...

Lisa91941
on 1/31/22 9:01 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Oh my gosh we all worked really hard yesterday. The new shed is nearly finished, and my daughter and I gutted and cleaned out at least a third of the garage. Big trip to make a donation yesterday too. More to do, but we were all worn out. And I indulged in two glasses of wine and basically no dinner last night. Bad choices. But it's done now. Today is working around the house more, hoping to finish some crafting and my car is going in for some due bill work and basic maintenance.

QoTD: I have come to realize for the first time in my entire life, I feel like the outside matches the inside and it makes me feel very confident. And I feel strong and balanced. I don't seem to trip over my own feet like I used to and I am so grateful for that!

Menu:

B: hb egg (cooked in the air fryer, testing it out) and cottage cheese

L: left over chicken with parm crust

D: Seabass with either a lemon parm sauce or a miso soy butter sauce, baby potatoes and asparagus.

S: tbd!

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Melody P.
on 1/31/22 3:03 pm - Amarillo, TX

An update on my uncle George.

his liver is failing. The VA is incompetent to say the least. It took a rheumatologist that's outside the VA.

Mel

lmfontana4
on 1/31/22 8:14 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

So sorry. I hope they can get him stabilized.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active