What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/31/22 2:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I have a snow day todayyyyyyyyyy! Yesss! As predicted, our town was the "jackpot" winner for the most snow in the area. We had over 30 inches in one day! It was a wild storm. We drove around the neighborhood yesterday and it was a mess. It was the right call to call off school today--our kids would not have gotten in safely.

This is our house - see how high we had to dig out the driveway?

Front of the house. There is a road out there, somewhere.

This is our back patio. There is a couch out there somewhere! The poor grill... Also look how high the drifts are up to the door.

I mostly decorated cookies and did a little crafting and watched non-stop storm coverage. All in all a good weekend. I technically have the day off but I am going to dig into work today from home and get some stuff done.

QOTD: Besides your obvious weight-loss, what has changed the most about you after WLS? I just feel so much more confident about not being "different". I don't have to waste any head space about wondering if people are watching and judging me. It took up more of my head space than I realized.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/31/22 2:43 am - Amarillo, TX

Hahaha that meme cracked me up today.

Not much planned for the day. We have to go pay the property taxes this morning and I think my mom is wanting to go somewhere...I just don't remember. I'm sitting here in tears as my tailbone is just hurting so badly. I've been up since 1:30 and have tried to go back to sleep 2 time with no luck. So it promises to be a long day.

They are saying e could have a bad for us cold snap. One station is saying a low of -2° sometime mid week. Boooo'

QOTD: I'm not sure as I consider myself a semi-failure. I know I've got a lot going on but I still...so far...have failed my tool.

B: JUST egg cup, coffee x2

L: brisket burger slider patty, cheese

D: I am thinking of making a GF lasagna to freeze but I'm unsure if I'll do that today or tomorrow

S: PP shake, cheese and ???

Mel

Melody P.
on 1/31/22 4:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Just read that they are saying around 6 inches...give or take a few. The biggest snowfall I've lived with here is 22" in one event. That said, the 6 inches will impact the area greatly.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 1/31/22 4:35 am, edited 1/30/22 9:17 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That is a lot of snow! Is it the wet packable kind? I would be making animal forms in your 3D printer and have a snow menagerie! Glad you kept power!

i had a busy productive weekend but I don?t feel rested and ready for the week. I actually woke up, set my alarm clock for an hour later and went back to sleep?.and slept until the alarm went off (I can count ok both hands the number of times a year I wake up to the alarm). I rarely dream but during my bonus sleep, I was dreaming I was meeting with people, showing them how we vote her in my state and trying to convince them everyone should follow our process and that it?s important that everyone be able to vote not just the people I agree with?-the alarm went off in the middle of my very passionate speech, lol.

qotd - I am much more willing to not be completely out together. Pre WLS I always had to be makeuped, dressed, composed when I left the house so even though I was fat, no one would call me unkempt. I was jealous of skinny people that could just pull on jeans and t-shirt and look fine. Now I can do that too, lol. I may have taken it too far ? one day there was some idiot on Nextdoor complaining about ?not our kind? people walking the streets early in the morning and I wondered if her camera had just caught me out for my pre-dawn morning walks!

menu today

Coffee plus half and half x3

yogurt and half danish

ham and cheddar roll up

another roll up or a sausage link

Protein hot chocolate

have a wonderful Monday and great start to the week!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 1/31/22 5:22 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- I hope you enjoy the snow day. I was thinking about all you all on the East Coast as I was hearing all the weather reports. We had a good weekend and got a few more things done for the kitchen remodel prep.

QOTD: I agree, confidence. Feeling more comfortable in my own skin.

TSS: 7 years 5 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Chicken packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Tri tip, cauliflower with cheese, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1455 Protein:112 Carbs:139 Fat:52

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 1/31/22 5:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm looking forward to kind of a light week this week, which is great. I hope to get a lot of reading and stuff around the house done. I'm planning to go to a water aerobics class this morning (first time in a few weeks - the 8:00 am one isn't too crowded, and I'll wear a mask, of course - and stay far away from people. I'm just tired of doing youtube videos, frankly...). Other than that, I'm making skyr and....well, that's kinda it at this point - other than the aforementioned reading and (hopefully) doing some things around the house.

QOTD: I'd have to agree with not being different. No longer do I have to worry about walking past a bunch of teenage boys, fearing that they might say something about my weight. Or at grocery stores - no more people glancing into my cart, wondering what a fat person eats - and judging me if they see something "fattening" in my cart. Oddly, I still get "cart anxiety" occasionally - I sometimes hesitate to buy something "bad", thinking people will spot it in my cart and judge me - but then I remember, no, they won't. After all this time, it's odd I still have that worry, but...I do. Sometimes, anyway.

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: blended (with ice and unsweetened almond milk) Fit Frappe (I really should cut back on this so it will last, since it's hard to find these days - but wow - I love it. I'm so glad I discovered some in my cabinet - I thought it was all long gone!!)

L: chickpea/miso spread on Keto bread with cucumber and tomato slices

AS: protein muffin or a slice of protein malt loaf (re-did the last recipe to cut the calories & beef up the protein - not as good as the original, but it's OK - and I was able to cut out 70 calories per slice!)

D: Indian bean curry topped with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt

have a great day, everyone!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 1/31/22 6:02 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

That's quite a storm, JB. From what I have heard, the snow totals were really localized with some towns getting much less snow. I think that next Saturday is the halfway point of winter. One of my neighbors is a big fan of meteorological winter, but let's face it - early March is winter in Chicago

We got back from Birmingham at about 5:00 yesterday and mostly watched football. There are 8 hospitals in Birmingham, plus the medical schools, so basically the whole town is walking around in scrubs. And you can hear the medevac helicopters flying to land on the roofs of the hospitals. My son liked the campus and I think that he is going to enroll next weekend.

I slept like a rock last night and I'm still tired. I'm not sure why. But, I suspect that today's festivities will include a nap.

QOTD: Resolving the gout has been a game changer for me in terms of living a more active, fun lifestyle.

Breakfast: Protein Bar

Lunch: Chili

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 1/31/22 8:26 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I finished the season. I'm not happy. Is there a season six?

Greateight
on 1/31/22 9:53 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Ok, this is what I Know: (a) they haven't signed for season 6, but they haven't canceled yet either, (b) those decisions are made by May, (c) Max Theriot is involved in a new series about wildfire fighting in Northern California (d) the new series is also CBS, so he could do both under his contract.

Seal Team is the highest streamed drama on Paramount Plus. In terms of regular CBS shows it's ratings are towards the bottom of the the pack. It is critically acclaimed and has a very loyal following.

It bothers me to no end that nearly twice as many people watch the Equalizer as SEAL Team. I understand willing suspension of disbelief etc., but nobody is going to convince me that Queen Latifah is running down criminals in a foot race.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 1/31/22 10:23 am
RNY on 10/29/19

They Cannot leave us hanging! Though my interest is piqued to see Max in another series. But come on, man, what about the brotherhood? They have done such a good job of getting people to really engage in these characters.

I haven'****ched Equalizer, though I do respect her in lots of ways. Maybe it's because war really is nasty stuff, and it plays a bit too close to home to feel like entertainment to people? So watching Queen Latifah is more of a feel good show, maybe.

Bring them back. Bring them back. Bring them back! Is there a petition I can sign? I am just not ready to leave them behind yet!