What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 1/29/22 11:49 pm - Amarillo, TX

So so sooooooo me /\

Good mornin everyone. Hope you're all safe that are in the path of that storm! This weather is nuts. They are saying we'll be getting down to 2° this coming Wednesday or Thursday mornin. Possible snow event. I even ready that San Antonio could get down to 24. That pretty darn bad for them :o(

The only plans for the day is to clean up a bit. I need to vacuum the floors and the couch.

My body is anti-meat the past few days. I ate some beef stuffed hatch chilies a couple of days ago that ended with me throwing up. Then yesterday my mom did a pork shoulder in the crock pot. It was really good but I couldn't eat a lot...maybe 1 oz before it made me feel icky...like a lead blob in my pouch.it surprised me because it was super tender and moist. So today I'm taking a day off from denser foods. A shake for lunch and then something light for dinner. I'm going to make sure I have to stuff to make a hamburger soup this week when it gets cold. Lots of veggies.

My back and legs are hurting today. I'm also hoping I can get some chainmailling done. I have some things I want to try out! I also need to make a pendant for a clients order that'll be fairly easy. I love making things that people will wear. It's weird how happy it makes me. As I've mentioned before to a lot of people, I'd give everything away if I could! I hate pricing things as I suck at it and always feel like I'm ripping people off.

QOTD: what is one frivolous item(s) that you HAVE to buy yourself? Something that makes you happy but is totally unnecessary.

Mine is rocks and minerals. I have so much around. I don't need them but they make me very happy! I love them in the raw but I also have a lot of beads, pendants and carved pieces. I look out at the thrift store and have been known to splurge at the rock and mineral show held here every year if I go.

B: JUST egg cup and coffee with whipped cream

L: PP shake

D: cabbage with andouille sausage & onion

S: cheese, broccoli and some yogurt dip stuff, atkins coffee shake

Mel

Melody P.
on 1/30/22 2:49 am - Amarillo, TX

This made me cackle this mornin.

Mel

catwoman7
on 1/30/22 6:38 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

yesterday was a busy day, so today I plan to just cook and read (and go to the store since I need a couple of things for cooking!). I'm going to make a pot of Indian bean curry and probably some skyr as well. And maybe another cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie.

last night I watched "King Richard" since AARP was streaming it for members. I'm usually not into sports biopics, but I really liked it. I've watched these AARP movies for the past three days. The next one up (I think it might be today) didn't interest me too much - but I'm hoping they're planning for more. What a great service!

that storm thankfully passed us by. It's supposed to be 25 today and in the 30s the next two days, so it's going to feel great, this being Wisconsin...

QOTD: purses. I have enough purses to last three lifetimes. I never get them new - I pick them up at thrift stores or on eBay, some crazy cheap (I paid $1 for a Vera Wang purse a couple of months ago), but it's a waste in that who needs this many purses? I've stopped looking at eBay because i KNOW if I get on there I'll eventually head over to the purse section and find one or two that I can't possibly live without (LOL).

B: plain skyr with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: shake made with Fit Frappe, unsweetened almond milk, and ice (I forgot how much I LOVE Fit Frappe. Found some in my cabinet yesterday that I forgot I had - OMG!)

L: unless I get to the store this morning, it'll probably be some protein pudding I made a couple of days ago

AS: protein muffin

D: Indian bean curry

Melody - I'm having an issue with meat as well lately. It doesn't bother me physically, though - I just don't like it as much anymore. I got a chicken fajita yesterday at the Mexican place. I gave up on the chicken after probably an ounce of it and happily ate the refried beans instead. DH got the glut of the chicken (plus the rice and all the other things that come with fajitas) after I brought home the leftovers. I think in my case I just haven't eaten much meat in the last few months and have lost interest in it.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 1/30/22 8:22 am - Amarillo, TX

Same with the meat. I try to get more in but I just don't like it much at all. I have jerky I haven't touched. It just doesn't appeal to me.

Mel

Lisa91941
on 1/30/22 8:22 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Sitting here catching up and having coffee. Hair is up, hat is on. The plan is for my daughter and I to take a load over to donate today while the guys work on finishing up our secured shed. That's first big step towards reclaiming our game room/bar garage. Big party is two months away, so it's great impetus to get moving on that project. I also need to work on invites (evites I'm thinking) and mock up the girls Valentine's Day cards to print. Sticking with my boycott of Hallmark this year.

Yesterday we took a beautiful walk near the water in Point Loma. On the one side is super calm bay, the other gazillion dollar beach houses that were honestly less then 50 feet from the water. I have never seen this area, and I loved it. I will for sure be taking visitors for this very easy stroll, and then there are lots of fun food options just 1/4 mile the other direction. Excellent way to spend a morning. Then I came home, cleaned the front porch, cleaned windows and cleaned all the outside window sills. I can't believe how dirty they were, it's only been a few months since everything got painted fresh.

QoTD: too many things. Make up. Clothes. Shoes. Scarves. Wedding rings. I know, weird. But long ago I quit believing the ring made the marriage, and so I get a new ring every once in a while to add to my collection to choose from. I have a basic silver one for hiking/bike riding days, and at least 6 others. Plus my Mom's first wedding ring which is about a 1/8" gold band wide and all they could afford, and my grandmother's rings. So one never knows which ring will call my name when I am getting ready in the morning. I can't sleep with rings on, so that just gives me a reason to select one when getting ready for the day. Today though, I am ring-less. Thinking I have lots of work to do with my hands today and feel better with no jewelry.

Today I might try a soft boiled egg in the Air fryer that everyone is raving about. Add some cottage cheese and I've got breakfast.

L: not sure, I think we will end up having either lunch or dinner out with the kids and I'm craving a great piece of fried chicken at the new shop in the village we can walk to. Or left over parm chicken if we are home alone

D: see above. One or the other.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

sue9999
on 1/30/22 8:28 am
RNY on 02/08/21

B. 2.5 oz left over Berkshire pork chop

2 TBL ff gravy

1/4 Cutie orange

L. Tuna pack

1.5 TBL cr of chix soup

1 baby dill pickle

S. Unbreaded Chix cordon blue 3 oz

1/4 cup green salad

1 tsp Lite dressing

Sn. 2 TBL peanuts

My frivolous thing is pens. Yup, good old pens. Before I retired, if someone was looking for a pen, they'd come to me because I collected them throughout the day. I had to empty my lab coat pockets before I left each day, lol! Now I have containers in my junk drawer, my home office desk drawer, in my den storage area and even in my basement. I LOVE purple/violet ink pens. They are my absolute favorite!!

HW 243 SW 208 GW 125 CW 135

Want2beMe
on 1/30/22 9:37 am
VSG on 08/17/20

QOTD: I collect coins. If I see a coin on the ground I will gladly claim it. I'm on the lookout for rare coins, I have a few. Just last week I found a French coin at the laundromat.

Well I've been sleeping on and off all morning.

B: missed

S1: missed

L: sandwich ham and Swiss toasted on wheat bread

S2: protein shake

S: bbq meatballs with unknown vegetable

Not sure if I will stick with my supper meal but it sounds ok.