What's your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Lisa91941
on 1/28/22 6:26 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning and Hello Friday! This week has been insane at work. The days are just flying by for me. Today already looks like it's another barn burner so before I know it will be happy hour! Last night I broke in the new air fryer. Saved no time, BUT, dinner was delish! And healthy too. Having dinner with the neighbors on the deck tonight (sorry cold weather people, this is why I pay California taxes!) and then I have several craft projects to finish this weekend while the hubs works on finishing up the enclosed shed we (he) are building to house our bikes and tow equipment. Though I do have a fun walk/lunch scheduled for tomorrow with some more friends.

QoTD: Have you met me? I have a double sided grocery list. One side is my menu for the week, and the other side is everything I need to buy to make those meals. This list is assembled in my kitchen, with a cup of coffee, while I pop up and down from my seat to check for seasonings, things in the freezer, dates of the buttermilk for the chicken, etc. Then I break the list down into TJ's , Butcher shop, regular grocery store. And often I try to do sub categories of like produce area, bread area, dairy, etc. So yeah. I have a list.

I've mentioned that I am bit of a control freak, right?

Menu:

B: left over roast chicken and cottage cheese

L: left over chicken artichoke stew with some parm

D: Having a pot luck of sorts with two neighbor couples, but here is what I know is on the menu. Plenty of options for me. Pulled pork, coleslaw, au gratin potatoes, cheddar cheese, King's Hawaiian rolls, and possible coconut pie for dessert. And wine. There will be copious bottles of wine with this group so I'll need to watch myself.

Photos this week are from last weekend at the campground. What my bed looks like on a Saturday morning, Baby Eliza and her first corn on the cob, the grand girls by the lake...

Peace Everybody! Stay safe and warm!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 1/28/22 7:28 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Those Grandkids are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 1/28/22 7:40 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Such sweethearts!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 1/28/22 8:07 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Baby Eliza is PRECIOUS!!!
I could actually picture you making your list and it made me LOL.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 1/28/22 11:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

air fryers really save little to no time (unlike a microwave or instant pot), but depending on what it is, they're sometimes a better option than an oven. Especially if it's just some small thing like a couple of crab cakes. No sense using a huge oven for that. Also, I use my oven for storage, too, and sometimes I"m too lazy to take the stuff out of it - so I just pop the food in the air fryer (unless, of course, it's too big for that - then I have no choice). But I use both, depending on what it is.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 1/28/22 1:13 pm - Amarillo, TX

Awww! Love love love the pics!

I love my little air fryer for little things. I have found I adore broccoli in it burnt to a crisp in it. The florets turn brown and the stalk is soft...it's better than potato chips. Also love carrots in is.

Mel

Teenie
on 1/28/22 6:49 am, edited 1/27/22 11:07 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Yeah Friday and one day closer to getting out of the winter weather for a couple days. It will fly by and be over in no time I am sure. I am staying at a friends condo and it will be free so yesterday I lined it up so there will be flowers sent the day before to thank for the invite and say see you tomorrow. That was I can enjoy the flowers while I am there as well.

Weekend looks cold and wintery. I am really over winter and want to run outside again. The last time I was able to be outside was between Christmas and New years. Weekend consist of Crazy 8 full body work out tomorrow. Catching up on my reading for bible study, Getting mom organized for the week, and dinner out tomorrow with friends. I am hoping there is no plans for lunch out after church because 2 meals out in one weekend usually means disaster for the scale Monday Morning.

QOTD: I absolutely use a list and coupons, but it has been more of a scavenger hunt than grocery shopping with the faults in the supply chain.

Edited to add this news worthy event. A bridge in Pittsburgh collapsed this morning 10 people were hurt and so far no casualties. It happened at 6:50AM and I found it odd that the new Mayor of Pittsburgh didn't make it to the Scene till 8:30. Ummm and besides that the President is coming in town to talk about repairing the infrastructure. Can't wait to see that press conference.

Accountability: 3 Pizzella, jerky stick, too much keto granola.

TSS: 4 years 1 month 17 days: 142.4LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM cinnamon roll creamer

MS: Oikos salted Caramel Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Chocolate Caramel CM creamer

L.2 Eggwich and snack select

D: leftover meatloaf and mashed heart of palm.

Exercise: 1/2 hour treadmill (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 1x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

Nothing new on my Photo roll so here is an old comparison from last year.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 1/28/22 7:41 am
RNY on 08/11/14

What a kind gesture! Have a great time.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 1/28/22 8:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I saw the bridge collapse, checked to see if you were posting yet, glad to see you.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 1/28/22 10:47 am
RNY on 03/24/21

You look awesome! Maybe you can run outside while in vacation. I also like to restrict the times I eat out. It makes me nervous to get on the scale.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active