What's your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/28/22 1:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello my dearies! Happy Fridayyyyyyy! Was this the longest week ever or what? We are going to be forced into a quiet weekend because we are right in the path for over 2 feet of snow tomorrow! Seriously, the jackpot amount they keep discussing is basically a map of our town with an arrow over our house, haha. It's such a waste of a snow day, though. It should be illegal to have blizzards on weekends.

I think I am going to do a ton of cookie baking and decorating during the snow day! I have been using my 3D printer to make a million new cookie cutter designs so I am excited to try them out :)

Pics today: A throw back of me and Grim from a few years ago.

The Fez being The Fez.

QOTD: Do you use a list when you go grocery shopping? I usually at least have a rough outline written down. Last night I actually took the time to make a nice list when I went in to TJs, but it was super crowded (pre-storm panic) combined with the usual shortages we have seen lately, so I just abandoned the list and started grabbing whatever I could find. Its going to be interesting to see if I can make an actual meal out of what I took home, haha.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/28/22 2:07 am - Amarillo, TX

Happy Friday to you too JB and everyone!

Not much on the docket today. We may got do a little running around...I know my mom is wanting some certain cuts of beef that's on sale this week at the grocery store. She'll probably want to hit up the thrift store too.

I'm not feeling good. No energy whatsoever. I've been using a resistance band for arm exercises. Walking is painful again. Everything makes me hurt LOL. I don't even know what to do anymore. My toes and feet have been cramping severely when I try to rest by laying down. I've tried everything. Bananas, theraworks(I think that's what it is called)...cream with lidocaine in it. My toes just gradually starts curling inward and cramping. I've also had a chronic headache all week that nothings touching. Sorry to be so annoying but it's just how it is. Things could be worse so there is always that.

There is some good news...we think... my uncle saw his oncologist Wednesday. They do not know exactly what's going on...she said she thinks it's not cancer but that they're not sure what it is. His arthritis is in a critical state...I'm not sure what exactly that entails. He does have an issue with his liver. They are going to do more testing to rule out things and such. He had to go back to the er at the VA here...the doctor insisted my uncles feet were not swollen even though my aunt and uncle knew they were. He fought with them over it. Listen to the patient! My uncle is a string bean so he knows if his damn feet are swollen...

QOTD: we try...often we forget the list.

B: JUST egg cup with pico de Gallo and coffee x2

L: I'm thinking cabbage and andouille sausage...or a PP shake

D: cabbage if not for lunch...or GF chicken nuggets & broccoli

S: cheese stick, 1/2 cup Chex and prob some yogurt with blueberries

Mel

Emiepie
on 1/28/22 5:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great news on your uncle!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 1/28/22 10:26 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Melody- are you sure you are adequately hydrated? That is a common cause of muscle cramps. If so, are you taking B vitamins? Low levels are also a cause. Stretching your muscles may also help. Hope you feel better.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 1/28/22 1:08 pm - Amarillo, TX

Honestly...not always. I struggle some days. I can't tolerate Gatorade. My last labs showed the levels are ok.

I've talked to the pain management people and my neurosurgeon and they said it's likely my back issues and nerves. I have severe neuropathy in my left leg and the cramps just I think amplifies the nerve issues...or vice versa. I'm over it, lol.

I do take b vitamins but there are times I forget. The bad thing about the pain meds is my brain fog...I try to get 64 ozs of jus****er. At least, I need to work harder at it.

thanks!

Mel

Queen JB
on 1/28/22 2:30 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I was going to ask the same thing. I get these toe curl cramps at least once a week but I am 10000000000% sure I am dehydrated 90% of the liquid in my body is coffee or alcohol. Sigh... but as soon as I drink Propel it fixes me.

White Dove
on 1/28/22 2:42 am, edited 1/27/22 6:43 pm - Warren, OH

About six years ago, I bought an iPhone app called Paprika Recipe Manager. They how have a MAC, Windows and Android version. When you find a recipe online, you download it into the app. It then can be used to create a grocery list of the items you will need. At the store, you bring up the grocery list and mark off each item as you put it in your cart.

You only buy the items you actually need. I always have exactly what I will need for any meal and don't end up running back to the store or buying duplicates of things I already have because the app also has a Pantry feature to show what is already in the house. It is one app I would never want to give up.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 1/28/22 2:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Random Photo Friday submission...today's mask :)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/28/22 3:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

cute!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/28/22 3:23 am - Amarillo, TX