What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Teenie
on 1/5/22 3:18 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Yes and I got a few in my size. It's just the fact I paid $70 for the 3x and refuse to give it away.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 1/5/22 9:35 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Yup - the struggle is real and I'm glad we can all be real on here. It helps so much!

I LOVE the shaved beef from TJ's!! I use that for philly cheese with onions, peppers and mushroom and in a bowl. The hubs puts it on a bun. DELISH!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 1/5/22 5:18 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- I hope you and Grim feel better. Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I had a great day at work and felt the love there and looking forward to celebrating with John and Em this weekend. I also appreciate knowing I'm not alone in the struggles and that we are here to support one another.

QOTD: We usually donate to The Rescue Mission shelter.

TSS: 7 years 4 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tuna packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Zero sugar jerky, an apple and yogurt

D: Jimmy Dean scramble, chompie's toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1491 Protein:121 Carbs:134 Fat:56

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Theduffman27
on 1/5/22 5:35 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning QJB and menu folks. Sorry to hear you guys are under the weather, our oldest son had been coughing since Monday, not unusual for this time of year for him, yesterday he lost taste, rapid at home antigen test is positive, his G/F was negative. He does not use our bathroom and our he and G/F have been isolating, Joddie, Ryley and I all have had our booster and do not have any symptoms. Hoping it stays that way.

Yesterdays QOTD was a good one, it can also make us realize that when we were not in good shape when we hit our lowest, no muscle. I prefer 15 pounds lighter than I am now. I am frustrated as my food has been low carb and zero grazing, yet scale is not moving. I have been able to talk myself down....

QOTD - we donate 1.5k -2K a year in clothing and home goods to St Marys Mission center, they operate a small thrift store and people can pay what they can afford, no questions asked. my aunt and uncle run the place and they give away more than they charge....the way it should be....,

B- Scrambled eggs with Muenster

S - Raspberries

L - Salami and cheese

S - cukes and ranch

D - leftovers - egg roll in a bowl or ribeye

E - beachbody video

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Sheila_H
on 1/5/22 7:25 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

My trainer totally agrees with you about the lower weight but no muscle. That's why she tells me to not sweat the 5 lbs over my goal (145).

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 1/5/22 7:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope your son feels better and that the rest of you stay healthy as well.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Theduffman27
on 1/5/22 8:20 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Thank you! He is heading for PCR testing now, perhaps a false positive!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/5/22 5:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I hope you and Grim feel better today. We can't all help but be nervous when we get any symptoms potentially related to Covid. However, it does seem like this new variant though incredibly contagious is less dangerous based on my reading the last couple of days.

It was also good for us longer timers to hear where everyone else was. Sometimes we assume we are the only one slipping. I absolutely know that WLS keeps me from gaining at the rate and amount that I used to because it forces smaller portions and some things just don't agree with me. I still thank goodness I was able to have WLS and know that it will help me get the weight off as well as hold it down. It is those darn carby snacks that cause most of the weight gain for me.

We are packed and ready for Hawaii tomorrow. We watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night - stupid movie, but it was filmed where we are staying most of the time. SIL is driving us to the Boston hotel this afternoon so we just have to take a shuttle to the airport in the morning. Our airline doesn't seem to be having many cancellations other than weather related so hopefully we are taking off at this time tomorrow morning.

QOTD: I donate as much as I can through the local Epilepsy foundation, as younger DD suffers from a genetic form of it. They will schedule a pick-up within a week or two of contact. Large furniture can be tougher, but Habitat for Humanity will take most items. When I moved last time I had a free yard sale - EVERYTHING was taken and people were very appreciative.

TSS: 5 years, 9 months

Brunch: Coffee!!! Scrambled eggs and cottage cheese

D: ??? (In Boston)

S: SF pudding? (I didn't eat the last one yesterday)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Amy Liz
on 1/5/22 9:41 am
RNY on 11/21/16

That is a really nice resort - enjoy Hawaii!!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 1/5/22 5:50 am, edited 1/4/22 9:52 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

my film discussion group is meeting at someone's house this morning instead of at our usual coffee shop because of the virus (some of us are uncomfortable meeting at a public place until we're on the other side of this current surge). Which is fine - except that it's currently snowing and she lives in another town about 20 miles from here. Not looking forward to navigating county highways this morning. We're not supposed to get a whole lot (they say .5"-1.5"), but we're going to have strong wind gusts, so it's going to be hard to keep it off the roads. Ugh. I guess I'll just give myself a lot of time...

not much else other than I was planning to go to a Zumba class tonight, but we'll see how the roads are at that point. I'll do a youtube video if things are looking bad.

I loved the QOTD yesterday, too. Sometimes I feel like I'm alone in my regain and struggling - or that there are very few of us dealing with it - but it sounds like most of us are. Whew. Not that that's good, but it makes me feel less alone with this.

QOTD: I haven't donated anything in a long time. I used to donate to the nearby Goodwill store - and I gave a bunch of my 4x and 5x clothes to co-worker. But since that time, one of our local hospice agencies as well as our county humane society have both opened thrift shops. So I'll donate to one of them when I'm ready to do it again (which I really need to - I need to go through my stuff this winter - my closet is out of control, and I don't wear 75% of this stuff!)

B: coffee with half & half for sure (already had that). The woman who's hosting the film discussion group is making brunch for us, so I don't know if I'll have anything here or not. If so, maybe just a L&F yogurt or a protein shake.

Brunch: last I heard, she was making a breakfast casserole, muffins, and a fruit salad. So breakfast casserole and a little fruit salad for sure. I hope I can stay away from the muffins (although I know it will be tempting...)

MS: I might have a piece of Keto bread with a tablespoon of peanut butter. That tends to hold me over for a long time. Or if I'm coming up short on protein today, maybe a protein bar.

D: cauliflower/chickpea curry

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active